Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Short Intro's

Hi I'm Dave, live in southeast Pennsylvania. Just a guy with a pile of rusty Cuda parts in the garage and a stroker kit on the couch. My wife and dog love me, the neighbors hate me. Life is good.

Comment

My wife and dog love me, the neighbors hate me. = Prime Junkie.

Comment

My name is Jay, and i am an addict to all orphaned cars and forgotten projects.
        I am beginning the build of a 360-727 Dart. Marriage with 2 kids takes up most time though. I am also coaching my father in law (read- me doing it, and him watching) in the build of his '76 Monte carlo.
        I am a firefighter in my town, and a mechanic for our towns public works department.
        Hopefully I'll have pictures up soon.

Comment

My name is Adam. I'm a Marine stationed at Camp Pendleton, CA. I don't know a bunch about cars, but I've always loved old muscle. Most of what I know about cars I learned during a 6 month stint working at an auto parts chain where I spent most of my time reading the magazines on the rack. Everything else comes from fixing things when they break, like most of us.
          I bought my Ventura because it's a little bit different, but easy enough to find parts for. Also, I didn't want to trash a classic on my first "project". I don't have much of a budget, but I'm doing what I can to it as I go.
          I'm slowly turning into a full fledged junkie and picking up a lot of knowledge along the way. I'm at the start of what will probably be a long journey, but as long as the company stays at the caliber I've found so far, I can tell I'm going to enjoy every bit of it.

Comment

Jerry Pitt - Rob's supposed to be Doughboy1, so I left that for him.

I'm the guy that technically gets David's old gig :'( at PetersenEMAPprimediaSOURCEINTERLINK and most of you know me.

My "girly V6 Mustang" has a blower and a slight death rattle. The Falcon has to be bump started to run, good thing I have two sons. The other cars have been replaced with three tuition payments.

Prior to being David, I was publisher at Hot Rod. Now I'll get fewer hours of sleep, more unhappiness from my wife, and probably at least two of DF's cars that he forgot about...both Fords. ;)

The story starts something like this...I hung out at my dad's body shop in Van Nuys (surprise, he restored a lot of Fords) from the time I was about 4 until his health closed the shop when I was 15. He always told me not to get in the car business. Plus, I was never very good with a sanding block.

About that time, one of my teachers told me to put those car magazines away, they'd get me nowhere. Well I told him that I'd be working at the car magazine someday. He still teaches history. I can't believe that I was that lucky with my retort.

Blew up more than one Ford small block on my own, a press car Formula 350 with nitrous oxide and had my fair share of stillborn project cars but have been pretty lucky with magazines.

Worked at CAR CRAFT making about $3 bucks an hour considering the 14 hour days when I started at Petersen in '86, moved on to edit what was then HOT ROD Mustang and now Mustang & Fords, launched 5.0 Mustang, moved to Florida and ran Mustang Monthly and helped launch Dobbs' Jeep magazine Jp. Edited Mopar Muscle, Muscle Car Review, Corvette Fever and Vette. Moved from editorial to sales when I became a publisher. After a couple more years in Florida, moved to LA in 2005 to work alongside Freiburger and Kinnan to be the HOT ROD publisher.

With Kinnan's thumbs up, hired Chad to be our Chief Enthusiast and Announcer on Power Tour and finally got HOT ROD Television off of Outdoor Channel and on a network people actually might have on their cable box thanks to a lot of help from Brutsman at RIDES and OVERHAULIN'.

Did well enough at Publisher that when Freiburger told our boss that he was leaving, he made me Editorial Director.

Don't expect an editorial from me, Kinnan will be the editorial voice of HOT ROD and I'll be lurking in the background finding ways to get Rob in more trouble.

Feel free to append, amend and pretend you like me.

-jp

Comment

Jerry... Tonya and I do like you.... for different reasons... She thinks your cute... ( LOL not really... but I had to say SOMETHING ).... and I like you cause you buy the BEER....

Hey Jerry did I say thanks for the Beer? I'll drink more ya know...

all Seriousness aside...

I'm impressed you guys are supporting David here... shows some true and honest class on your part... Saw Chris on here earlier.. nice of him too...

WELCOME...

Keith ( and lieing for Tonya )

Comment

Name is Aaron, and I am a non-recovering gear head. My first memories are of my dad racing his '37 Chev Coupe that ran a stroked 390 cube Buick motor in SoCal at Lyons (yes, that makes me old). After a short stint in CA, I grew up in the Northwest, first car was Buick Skylark that I became adept at changing the heads on (215 aluminum motor).
                I don't even bother counting how many cars I've owned, although once it seemed the count of just the Camaros I owned was in the 20s (two of which were cool). At this point, I have two cars that feed my automotive obsession. They are a 70 Skylark, and a 54 Caddy powered Studebaker pickup that is on Chev 4x4 running gear. I do car projects as a way of stress relief from the job that pays for those car projects.
                I like fast for cheap and I am certainly one to put a Chev motor in a Buick since you can build 3x the power for half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by doughboy2
                  Jerry Pitt - Rob's supposed to be Doughboy1, so I left that for him.

I'm the guy that technically gets David's old gig :'( at PetersenEMAPprimediaSOURCEINTERLINK and most of you know me.

My "girly V6 Mustang" has a blower and a slight death rattle. The Falcon has to be bump started to run, good thing I have two sons. The other cars have been replaced with three tuition payments.

Prior to being David, I was publisher at Hot Rod. Now I'll get fewer hours of sleep, more unhappiness from my wife, and probably at least two of DF's cars that he forgot about...both Fords. ;)

The story starts something like this...I hung out at my dad's body shop in Van Nuys (surprise, he restored a lot of Fords) from the time I was about 4 until his health closed the shop when I was 15. He always told me not to get in the car business. Plus, I was never very good with a sanding block.

About that time, one of my teachers told me to put those car magazines away, they'd get me nowhere. Well I told him that I'd be working at the car magazine someday. He still teaches history. I can't believe that I was that lucky with my retort.

Blew up more than one Ford small block on my own, a press car Formula 350 with nitrous oxide and had my fair share of stillborn project cars but have been pretty lucky with magazines.

Worked at CAR CRAFT making about $3 bucks an hour considering the 14 hour days when I started at Petersen in '86, moved on to edit what was then HOT ROD Mustang and now Mustang & Fords, launched 5.0 Mustang, moved to Florida and ran Mustang Monthly and helped launch Dobbs' Jeep magazine Jp. Edited Mopar Muscle, Muscle Car Review, Corvette Fever and Vette. Moved from editorial to sales when I became a publisher. After a couple more years in Florida, moved to LA in 2005 to work alongside Freiburger and Kinnan to be the HOT ROD publisher.

With Kinnan's thumbs up, hired Chad to be our Chief Enthusiast and Announcer on Power Tour and finally got HOT ROD Television off of Outdoor Channel and on a network people actually might have on their cable box thanks to a lot of help from Brutsman at RIDES and OVERHAULIN'.

Did well enough at Publisher that when Freiburger told our boss that he was leaving, he made me Editorial Director.

Don't expect an editorial from me, Kinnan will be the editorial voice of HOT ROD and I'll be lurking in the background finding ways to get Rob in more trouble.

Feel free to append, amend and pretend you like me.

-jp

I wish you good luck. I know you are very capable to maintain and succeed.
                  HRPT 2004LH 2007LH 2008

Comment

Andy age 44 here from Independence Mo. Married to wife Rhonda with my 6 year old future driver Clayton. Work on the Ford assembly line in Claycomo. My racing passion started while working for a Friends parents at age 11 when they owned KCIR. Got to meet all the big name guys when they match raced there back in the 70s-80s and have wanted to race my whole life. After finding a woman that will put up with it I started building my car when she was 8 months pregnant with our son. First time to the track was last year running in the 10.0 outlaw Vamp series. Went to the dragweek kickoff in 05 when the car wasn't finished and with some prodding from my buddy Jeff and Doc hope to make it in 08. Went to spectate at the PGDs in 07 and had a blast and may try to make it to that as well.

Comment

My name is Ken and I live in far northeastern IL with my wife Marilyn, a dog and two cats. I drive a semi for a local excavating company for a living and play with web dev and graphics software in my spare time.

I've been around cars as long as I can remember. My Dad is a retired mechanic; he used to take me to the shop whenever my Mom wanted me out of the house. I learned a lot by cleaning parts and paying attention. My Dad is now my wrench/beer gofer. Sorta chuckle about that.

I've been working on a '68 GTO convertible for just about 12 years now, more tinkering with it now than when I first got it. Planning on a disc brake and fuel system upgrade this winter. If time and money allow, I'd like to refresh the heads and upgrade the cam as well. Need more time than money as the parts are sitting in boxes in the garage as we speak.

Comment

my name is Thad. I live in Flint,Mi. also known as the armpit of exicstence. Married with 0 kids I know of. Two projects and no time to do anything with them.
                        Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Mike LeFevers 50, :o Geesh I can remember being the "kid" at Blairs Speed Shop back in the late '70's.
                          Today I own Mitech Racing Engines a small automotive machine shop with a Superflow 901 dyno etc. Who'd a thunk we would get to make a living doing what what we love to do.
                          I'm also a 25+ year salt junkie.

P.S. Hey Dave, I tried to post pictures 4 times and it kicked me off each time. I don't have a problem sizing & posting on other sites I visit, any ideas?
                          There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

My name is John out of Akron Ohio.

I have an addiction to buying car parts and never installing them.

I have 4 cars and 3 motorcycles but my beater truck is the only one currently running. (I've lost count of how many engines I own)

I'm into anything that doesn't have 19" or bigger wheels... but specifically, race cars with license plates and D.O.T. rubber.

If anyone needs a hand with anything near Ohio, I'm always glad to help.

Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

My name is Brian, live in michigan. I pride myself in doing my own work and going fast for as little as possible without having junk. I hope to be able to go on drag week one of these years...if hot rod still has one. I am stuck in the horrible auto industry, i'm sure i'll be removed from this industry by the end of the year(lay offs). I have alot of nothing to say, I just like to look at all the pretty cars and show off mine every now and then.
                              Last edited by SSmonte; October 2, 2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I'm Jim from Green Bay, WI. Just another Joe trying to get a car together. Other than that, work & spending time with my daughter my life if pretty mundane. :P
                                Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Working...
                                X