Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Short Intro's

Just found the site. Looks interesting. I'm into rods and customs, enjoy the metalwork. Currently finishing '30 Ford model A pickup, 2 '27 T roadsters, and have a '40 Ford pickup in the back yard waiting. Not enough time, still have to work for a living.

Comment

Originally posted by HEMI
      Hello,I'm HEMI.I live in California,and one of my cars is a '31Ford coupe with an early HEMI.Have been going to Bonneville off and on since 1969.Anything else you need to know,please pick up an application and question form at the front desk when you leave.Thanks.
      Any relation to the video I posted above? That is a bad ass little ride. I'm a Ford guy, but the early hemi is an object for respect for any gearhead. (the elephants are too, but the 50's vibe just can't be beat).

Comment

Hi- I'm Leon, live in Southern California and have been building cars for a few years. I've met a lot of you on the Power Tour. In 2001 we did the tour in a 6 cylinder T bucket (got the nickname Shake & Bake because of the rain, raingear, and heat, all we needed was breadcrumbs) have also done it in a 68 Torino GT convert. and a Chevy S-10, last year we pulled a teardrop behind our 54 Chevy wagon.

We also go to Bonneville regularly, last year I was a course steward at the one mile mark. That's a job I plan to continue until I'm able to get a car together to race.

I'm retired from the government and have a 2500 sq. ft. shop (in addition to three garages) where I work on some of my too many projects.

Comment

Hello,

I'm from San Jose, CA and currently working on a 1969 Mustang Mach I SCJ. First car was a 1967 Camaro SS that tore up the hills in the Sierra foothills. (think Dukes of Hazard before the Dukes of Hazard with Enos being the CHP) I do all the work that I can on cars, but gave up painting because the neighbors did not like the overspray. Rebuilt the motor twice in the Camaro and pounded out the dents I put in it. Second car was a 1969 Ford Mustand Grande that got me through college. After installing headers and a head gasket, it made it until the kids arrived. Third muscle car was a 1970 Pontiac Firebird that was a beater. Got into 4-wheel drives for a few years with a 1978 Jeep Cherokee Chief Special with a 401/Quadratrac set-up. Got busy with a career and then restored a 1969 Mustang Mach I from the ground up. Got to drive it for a year before it met an untimely death. Now working on the SCJ and looking for a 1969 Charger.

Comment

Jon, from the sticks near the sierra nevada mountians. That's about an hour northeast of sacramento.

Various projects:
            My first car a 1977 AMC Hornet AMX. Came stock with a 304. When I blew the torque converter on my 904 tranny I decided to redo the motor too... thought I'd punch it out to 360. Ended up just getting a 360 with a TH400 (outta wagoneer), painless wiring, dakota digital guages, hurst vmatic2, and some other goodies.

Also got a 1966 Ford F100 with 300 Super6. Offenhauser dual plane intake, Holley (I didn't pick it!) 650cfm, Dual 3-1 headers, pertronix ignition, single wire alternator and a toploader 4 speed.

Then there's the Eclipse. It's my baby. 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. 2.0 liter turbo. 5 speed all wheel drive, lowering springs, 4way adjustable coilover shocks, 12"x24"x4" bar and plate intercooler, 3" intercooler piping, GM 3" MAF, ACT DF Clutch, vented dual piston disk brakes and more.

Comment

Scott Vincent from Ky. Mostly I hang out over across the street at FE.com. Ported several FE and 460 cyl. heads and intakes. Frierburger was the best thing to ever happen to HotRod!

Comment

Hey all. James here. 1LowLeSabre from the Hamb. I just wanted to say hi and that you might start seeing some Hamb guys here. I'm also National VP for Los Boulevardos CC. We are a traditional early lowrider club. I guess you could say that we are stuck in a a time between early customs and the lowriders of the 70's. Right now I live in Arkansas and have a 1953 GMC Suburban that's in bare metal.

Anyway, I'm excited to see what this sites all about. Thanks.

Comment

The Hamb guys are going to be a great addition to this place....

I've meet several over the last couple of years and everyone of them have been hard core junkies...

K

Comment

Hello, my name is Eric and I am an addict. I am on a few boards, like the HAMB, NastyZ28, Moparts, etc.

I have had many a car, and attend my AAA meeting regularly. I am not an addict. I can stop any time.

I have pared the fleet down to only a few cars. I used to have my own rollback tow truck just to move MY cars. I decided that I had too many and sold most of them and the truck. Now I only have 4 cars and three parking spaces.

Daily driver/parts chaser S10. This one needs a V8 swap (now collecting parts!).
                    My first car - 69' Dodge Dart - its awaiting a rebuild while I collect parts.
                    road race/track basher - turbocharged 80 Z28 with lots of letters associatted with is (SCCA, CASC, WS6, 1LE, ST10, SBC, etc )
                    Cruiser - 57 Pontiac hardtop in black.

Comment

• Re: Short Intro's

My name's Todd,I'm a bike and not a car guy. So I thought I'd show myself, say hey and congratulate the creators of this new venture.

Hoping to get my dad to check in here(if he hasn't already? - he goes by IndianJer normally). He's currently building a Bowtie powered '36 Ford four door, a fastback I think it's called(?), it has no trunk... just a HUMUNGOUS rear seating area(and we wonder why family's were so big back then - duh). It's a putt around vehicle after his last few he's done('64 ragtop vette, '67 ragtop 396 Chevelle, '72 smallblock vette, etc even a Belvedere Mopar something or other), and I'm pretty certain this one will be used as his transportation to and from Maxton this coming year too(i'll save the rest for him in case he joins).

I got here cause I run at Maxton and heard about this place via the cottonvine. I have had some cars I sure miss today(especially the Chevy's by the way), and do truthfully(don't tell my bike buddy's) look forward to builiding a hotrod or two again someday(my dad has always had a project or two going and I owe everything I don't know to not listening to him as I grew up).

Other then that I'm going to sit back and read when I get a chance or divert a person or two to talk scooters when possible. Thanks for having me,
                      Todd

Comment

Hello my name is Josh and I am a car junkie who dares to be different, not always to the benefit of my car.

I also enjoy long walks on the beach, Metallica and Kers Light.

I have the third fastest refrigerator in Rutherford Co. TN where I live.

Chad and I have been friends since High School...
                        Chad, his Dad, his Uncle Butch and my Uncle Steve are the reasons I am a car guy today *hugs**sniff*

I just finished putting a new fuel system on my carb'd 91 Mustang because Chad said it would be cool and he is right.

I'm off for tacos because they are yummy.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLadyCrusr
                          I remember. You did not have a suitcase and your underwear were laying flat in the so called "trunk" of the Prowler. ;D Great to see a fimiliar face here.

My folks are doing well. They've retired now and are tearing up Florida in the winter months, driving one of their "classics" each year there.
                          Hey girl! 1Low from the Hamb. I see you made it as well. Nice to see ya here.

Comment

Don McGinnis of Topeka Kansas.Went on DragWeek but not with the car I wanted to.Had to use our Stratus R/T as my 68 RR was not ready to go.Here are a couple of pics that include my son(senior pics) He didnt get to do DW because of grades.

Comment

Hello!
                              My name:
                              Robin McQueen.
                              I'm building a replica
                              of the Dodge Deora show
                              truck built by the Alexander
                              Brothers, back around 1964-67.
                              I'm also attempting to set a World's
                              record for the slowest restoration of my
                              1968 Dodge Charger R/T. So far, it's been
                              16 years, 8 of which have been spent sitting
                              on my rotisserie! Glad to be here and to meet you!

Comment

Hi,
                                I'm Tommy Moore from Lancaster California. I was born with a nasty hot rod habit that I'll NEVER shake. I like all things with American V8's, but my first love is the FE Ford big block. And Pro Street cars. I've noticed allot of my pals at fordfe.com have come over here, so I wanna play too!
                                I've got a '33 Ford 5 window coupe rat rad with a 289, a tubbed '56 T-Bird with a hot rodded 352FE, and my current project, a '67 Mustang 2+2 with an Alston Pro Gas chassis, 19.5X33 Mickeys, and an 8-71 blown 427FE stroker.
                                I'm also working on an El Mirage dry lake racer. It's a 70 1/2 Falcon, with the 460 "Dream Engine" I won from Hot Rod Magazine. It was featured in the December '04 issue as the "Blue Rat".
                                Another nasty habit I have is rock-krawl'n Jeeps...lets no get started on that!

Comment

Working...
                                X