Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Short Intro's

Im Mike, Hemet, CA. bb70duster on ebay and moparts, MOPAR on the hamb (i mainly lurk) Mopoweredcj on NSDAs forums, anyways I run all mopars, all big block, all with oxide.. I have a backhalfed 496 Duster that I hope to run low 9s high 8s, a high 9 sec 440 mini tubbed duster that myself and my wife races (its her car,thats why its pink!!!), a 340 duster project, 2 67 Barracudas,(I hope to autoX someday) a 55 willys jeep, that I sand drag (440 mopar powered as well) and a 76 Challenger jet boat also 440 powered... I race,buy, sell, trade, and collect mopars as a hobby... 8-5 Im a Chevy tech... (funny huh?) Anyways thats about it... ;D

Comment

Hey there....
      Brian Stupski, PHX, AZ
      I'm a hot rod and custom car designer who, ironically sold his '69 Chevelle to start Problem Child Kustoms Studio...
      Currently, the wife and I are in the planning and parts-gathering stages for our project, a Nova/Camaro mashup.
      Glad to see some familiar faces from other forums here, as well as a ton of new people to meet!

Comment

Originally posted by bb70duster
        Im Mike, Hemet, CA.
        ... I race,buy, sell, trade, and collect mopars as a hobby... 8-5 Im a Chevy tech...
        Man Mike.. saying "Chevy" in your house must be like cussin in front of grandma(nice line up ya got there btw)! I knew Hemet, Ca from somewhere when I read it earlier and it's drove me nuts for hours till just now. That's where stateside Deutsch connectors are from... ok I'm better now.
        Oh yeah, and welcome(you must be if I am),
        Todd

Comment

Brian,

The link in your signature isn't working right, I had to type it in by hand! (lucky for me it was worth it, very cool website!)

Best of luck with the new business.
          Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

Milk, whats the word with the CB750f?

Sell it? ;)

Comment

Originally posted by milkovich
              Brian,

The link in your signature isn't working right, I had to type it in by hand! (lucky for me it was worth it, very cool website!)

Best of luck with the new business.
              Hey, thanks! All fixed now... and thanks for checking out the site, and the good wishes!

Comment

I'm Lillard. I grew up 6 miles from Famoso drag strip. My mom and dad both raced there. Have been into Harleys and Hotrods all my life. Still have my first HD that I bought 32 years ago. I was too poor to buy em. Too scared to steal em but I had to have so I learned how to build em. I live in Bakersfield and work in Houston. The stable includes:
                1934 Ford Blown 392 (street driven regularly in Ca)
                1936 Ford 1 1/2 ton wrecker (project with no time to work on it)
                2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 (work truck in Houston)
                1960 109 CI Blown pan Shovel (blown up)
                1986 Softail (driven in Ca)
                2002 V rod (driven in Tx)
                My 34 has about 3000 miles on it now so I'm building a trailer for it (to pull behind it) to allow me to do some cross country trips next year...

Comment

Originally posted by min301
                  Milk, whats the word with the CB750f?

Sell it? ;)
                  Sell that albatross! I can't... All it is at this point is a collection of parts including a powder coated frame and a $400 aluminum gas tank. Seriously though, I've only sold one car/bike in my life and that's because the landlord was going to tow it the next day.
                  Cheap, slow, half-assed: Pick three

Comment

I am Chuck Felten “Chucks73” and I am a member of multiple Car Clubs and Internet Car sites in the Los Angeles/ San Diego Area. What I have been doing for the past 8 years as an Event Coordinator is setup and or advertise Classic Car runs and gatherings. Most of the gathering I do draw between 30 and 80 cars.
                    Past gatherings I have organized have been to The Peterson Museum, Nethercutt Museum, San Diego Automotive Museum, Fender Museum, Meguiar's Car Clinic, Los Angeles Driving Museum, Adams Car Care, Irwindale Speedway, Edelbrock and an Annual Toys Drive at Hooters to name a few. I would like to include Car Junkies to my list of internet sites to invite. These gathering are always open invites to all Car lovers. Bring your Hot Rod, Muscle Car or daily driver just come out and meet people with common interests.

So how many people here live in Southern California?

Please feel free to email to discuss a gathering I am open to any suggestions.
                    I am a Volunteer and do this strictly for the fun of it there is never any charges involved.

BTW I live in Chino Hills Calif. and have a 73 Camaro RS/LT and a 78 Corvette.
                    Here is a link to my CarDomain site.

PS Chad I was looking for you at the Spectre Booth at SEMA. They told me you got offer you could not turn down and now I find you here. Give me a call and see if I can help you guys. If you lost my number email me. ;D

Comment

Wow, I join a forum with a handfull of users, come back a few days later, and it's full of hundreds of posts and users. Seems like a success!
                      Anyway, I'm Ran from San Diego, 36, born and lived in Israel most of my life (until the end of 2003 when I moved here). Been interested in cars since infancy, found out about hotrods through a Monogram catalog when I was 12 or so. Found the magazines a few years later, and then after looking at many cars through the years, bought a 70 Barracuda Gran Coupe. Like most American cars in Israel it was not a V8, it was brown, and it was full of bondo. Anyway after a couple of years driving it, I went to the USA and got a 340 for it, k-member, springs, torsion bars, rear end, headers and more. After getting screwed by hacks that installed this in the car, I found an American that mentored me and helped me with the car (more like - he was working and I was learning).
                      I don't think you are aware how tough it is to do all that in Israel, if you think Europeans and other countries have it bad, just multiply everything by 3 or so...
                      Unfortunately I crashed the fast bondo bucket, and the drivetrain was sent back to the states where it still is, along with a 72 Challenger roller. I don't have the means to tackle that project, so I'm working on a daily driver/band vehicle A-100 van.
                      I started with 67 two-tone half windows/half panel auto 318. Mid way through the project I bought a 66 panel without the dreaded roof rail rust. That is my project vehicle. It's got a low comp 318, summit cam, Holley 600, Edelbrock Performer RPM, rebuilt TorqueFlight (by the guy who does the trannies for Bob Mazollini), external cooler and filter, 3/8" fuel line, clutch fan, open filter element, new wiring from scratch (my first wiring job), Mallory VI AL with a redundant Mopar electronic ignition, I have most of the parts for a 4 wheel disc brake conversion, but that will wait a little. I also have rebuilt B&M 250 blower, and a SBM 6-71 manifold (the plan is to mate the blower to the manifold with an adapter plate). A couple of days ago I got a bitchin' heavy duty aluminum radiator (from an aircraft ground support equipment piece) that will work in the van in the future. I also plan to install a hot air evacuation system to suck hot air out of the doghouse.
                      Right now it has kidney slot alloy wheels, but I have a few 15X7JJ rims that I plan to use instead.
                      I'm going to try to avoid anything that reeks 70's. I want to go for a mid 60's look and feel as much as I can.

Ran

Comment

Hi, I'm Jim Forbes, I live in Sierra Vista Az, grew up in Tucson. I've always been into cars, did my first engine rebuild at age 14 (with the help of a tech series in Hot Rod of course! remember those?) and put a big block in my truck at age 17, started drag racing then, etc. I've done a couple Power Tours, that's where my avatar came from.

I've been on a few other forums for a while as jforb and squirrel.

Anyways, I got a call from Steve in Australia, he told me I have to sign up, because life is short and we might as well spend all of it on the frickin computer

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Howdy Jim!

How ya been? Haven't talked in awhile. Hope your well.

Comment

Hi Bill, all is well here, we're enjoying the sunny weather, working on robots, thinking about cars. I did a wheel swap on the 55, finally found those used swap meet slots I've been searching for.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Sweet!

I'm doing new duals, with downspouts, on the CV next week. ;D

Comment

I'm Gary. I'm a Moparholic. Always been a fan of the later (cheaper) RWD offerings, but am finally receiving my "first" musclecar, a 71 Challenger. I'm an avid autocrosser, (1320 too far away to help maintain my interest) and am hoping to add track days soon. Yes, the Challenger is for racing ;D

Comment

Working...
                                X