Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Short Intro's

Lets see how do I start this off??? Well I guess first I have to say thanks for starting a cool forum here DF, it's nice to see a lot of the guys from the HR forums over here. As for my name it is Alex, I come from the burning hell called Phoenix and have been into hotrods for over 20 years. Not to mention I was an ASE Master Certified Technician for 10 years. As for my projects I have two Camaro's and a GMC truck, which I will be showing picks of as I get time. Peace out, and I'll catch you guys on the flip side. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by DreamMachine
      Lets see how do I start this off??? Well I guess first I have to say thanks for starting a cool forum here DF, it's nice to see a lot of the guys from the HR forums over here. As for my name it is Alex, I come from the burning hell called Phoenix and have been into hotrods for over 20 years. Not to mention I was an ASE Master Certified Technician for 10 years. As for my projects I have two Camaro's and a GMC truck, which I will be showing picks of as I get time. Peace out, and I'll catch you guys on the flip side. 8)
      Hey Alex, welcome to the best hangout online! What's the latest on the GMC? Can't wait to see pics.

Cheaps 8)

Comment

Hi Forum Followers. I'm Chris Harris from Hawke's Bay 'Downunder' in New Zealand. Been interested in 'Rodding' as long as I can remember (now 58).
        Built and raced a number rods over the years. Favourites cars enjoyed over years include 2 deuce 3 window coupes a 23 'T', 27 'T' 46 Sedan, 56 F100, 69 Boss 302, 72 DeTomaso Pantera. Raced at Bonneville in 88 with C/STR 27 'T' and crashed bigtime and now in wheelchair. Built new 32 Ford roadster based C/GR in 97 and have returned to Bonneville to race in 98, 01. 03 & 06 with my son Lincoln now doing the driving and setting a new class World record in 06. Presently busy going through roadster in preparation to return for Bonneville Speedweek in Aug 08 where we will contest B/GR.

If your going to be there MAKE SURE YOU COME MEET US !

Comment

Hi Chris!

I feel like I know you - Keith has told us much about you, and it's all good. Something about how you keep going, even when you can no longer get up. GOOD or YOU!

When you decide to come stateside, don't forget to come to Maxton. It's a significant distance from Utah, but I'll bet we can get you here. Hell, I'll bring the trailer and tow you here myself! We have more fun, and I know the Race Director personally, so I'm pretty sure we can get the roadster down the track. Might want to bring that kid of yours, too!

Best of Everything
          Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
            Sean, I those are coolest wagons ever. My parents had one when I was born. ............ We left it in Okinawa we got transferred back to Omaha in 76. I'm sure it has rusted completely away by now.
            huh....a friend here ran an Auto Craft Shop on Okinawa thru the 70s. He tells interesting stories about cars left behind by departing troops. Although I don't recall any station wagon stories

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Hi Fellas,

My name is Sean Taylor, I am a son of a mechanic. I grew up here in So Cal listening to my Dad's stories of how things where in the 60's of him cruising Whittier Blvd. He drove a 31 Ford coupe with a Duntov cammed 301 Chevy, muncie four speed and a 57 Olds rear with 4:11 posi. He still has the coupe and should be on the road soon. My Dad took me to every car show, swap meet and junk yard from day one. I really enjoy reading and looking at ALL cars.

! did the graphic artist ad agency thing for 10 years. The last few years I have been working (playing around) with die cast cars. I do everything from paint schemes to packaging. I just left Muscle Machines to help start a new die cast company, more info to come shortly. On my free time, I am also the artist for www.vintagedragclub.com.

My daily driver is a 1965 Buick Sport Wagon (Buick's version of the Vista Cruiser). It has a 383 SBC, turbo 350 and a 12 bolt posi with 3:42. I still have my first car, a 1972 Chevelle SS (I cloned it in the early 90's) that I have had since 1988. I hope to tear into the Chevelle this next year and redo everything.

Sean
              Sean

I work with die cast too. If you will be doing 1:18 let me know, as we sell a LOT of them.

Jim
              Supercar Collectibles
              Supercar Collectibles started out in 1995, at a home, on a part time basis. We currently have a good size warehouse, along with office space and do this full time with 7 people keeping very busy. We try to have a good selection of product at a fair price, and treat people how we would like to be treated.

Comment

Hi, I'm Doug. I'm in Farmington Hills, MI. I think I qualify as a car junkie. I posted some pics of my cars over in the project section. I'm mainly into Mopars, but I like all kinds of cars. Except Porsches - had a 944 for a while, and it was kind of a bad experience. I was into planes until I saw a yellow/white hemicuda convertible on the cover of Muscle Car Review when I was 15, and that was it - I was hooked for life.

My first car was a '72 Charger SE, then a came a '70 Road Runner, and then the '69 Dart GT that I still have. I've also got a '69 Mach 1, a '68 Charger R/T, a '70 Barracuda, and an old front engine dragster. I'm also an engineer in the automotive industry, so cars are my life, basically.

I read about this site on moparts.com, and I'm a huge fan of DF, so I thought I'd come check it out. I hope that Hot Rod can stay on course with someone else at the helm, because it's just a kick-ass magazine that I look forward to every month. I'm sure this will be cool too, and I'm sure I'll be spending a lot of time on here.

Doug

Comment

Hey, neighbor.

Since your a Mopar guy, do you do any dealings with Muscle Motors, here in Lansing?If not, check em out, you won't be disapointed.

(517)482-4900 ask for Eric Budden, tell him Bill Voorhees sent you.

Comment

Hi everyone, my name is John Friel and I'm from Waterloo, IA. and it's been 4 days since I've driven my Marauder. (ha ha!)

It's sad when you keep track of the days you want to drive your race car on the street, looking for good weather or between upgrades. I am 47 and have been into cars since I got my first Hot Wheels set. And yes, I am old enough to remember them coming out too. It has always been a dream of mine to have a car with a big shiny huffer hangin out of the hood. I tell ya, those Hot Wheels cars RUINED me!

I've had my share of musclecars over the years. Two in particular are worth mentioning, only because they are now worth so much and they reside in someone elses collection... A '67 "R-Code" Fairlane that I paid $500 for and a '70 "R-Code" Yellow Mustang SCJ. This probably belongs in a thread titled, "The ones that got away...". Mostly though, my blood runs Ford Blue and have numerous cars and 4x4s.

Back to the huffer... I always saw myself with a 71-73 Mustang with a big block and shiny 8-71 poking through the hood. Somewhere along the line though I had a son and had to be semi-responsible. That Mustang would have been totally inappropriate for parent-teacher conference nights and so on. Fast forward to a few years ago and my local car dealer called me at work. He says, "John! You gotta get over here! We just got in one of those Mercury Marauders and it has the 32-valve Mustang engine in it. It's got your name all over it!" Ok, I'm curious so I look up the car on the Internet and check it out. Big car, 300 HP motor, a console and gauges. And it's BLACK! I went in there to trade the Mountaineer in on it and ended up walking out with both cars and the Mountaineer paid off. And on top of it, Ford Credit financed the extra 3500 on the mountaineer onto the car loan at 0% interest. FREE MONEY always wins in my book.

The next thing I knew I was on a Marauder forum checking out what others are doing to the car. First it was 4.30 gears and had the computer reprogrammed. Then I popped for a ProCharger kit as soon as it was released and ran the stock motor with 14lb of boost and still felt something was missing. Next was a 3500 stall converter and then it was all over but the crying. Nobody in town could touch it on the street. Looks like a cop car but could boil the tires as long as I held my foot down.

Then in 05 I took it over to Sutton HP to have it put on a dyno and have it dialed in. Figured it was time to really see what it would do on the track. That night myself and a few other Marauder owners drove from Chicago up to Great Lakes Dragaway in Union Grove WI for a Thursday night t-n-t. My car made it exactly to the 1/8th flag and then threw three rods through the block. It was ugly. I rented a U-Haul truck and trailer the next day and towed it home. It sat in the garage for almost a year while I saved up and decided what to do with it.

And then it hit me. New car, no rust, I can build whatever I want. I started with a new MMR 900 short-block with all forged internals and reduced the compression to 9:1. I procured a set of Fox Lake Stage II heads had MMR assemble the long block for me. While waiting for that, I contacted Supercharger USA and got my shiny 6-71 blower and went to work fabing up system. I used the blown block on an engine stand to get everything correct and designed my adapter plates. I had my big huffer hanging out of the hood of a Marauder. A true one-of-a-kind.

I've yet to have the new motor on a dyno or have the car professionally tuned. In fact, I entered the car in Drag Week 07 and used my laptop to dial it in during the week. At the beginning it ran a best of 13.8 and I was able to get it down to a best of 12.790 and averaged 12.987 for the entire week. I could have done better but I ended running out of MAF and it was shutting the car down at the top end.

Wow, looks like I wrote a book so I'll just add a couple pictures:

New Nitrous kit installed this week: (plates start at 150 each!)

And back-halved :

Cheers!

john

Comment

Wow, John that Marauder is insane!! Too bad us Californians can't build one like that. The smog police would definitely frown on that massive blower.

You have to get a T-shirt of your avatar.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Man, we've got really great people here. Thanks for the intros! Keep 'em coming.

Comment

Originally posted by JimSC
                          Hi Fellas,

My name is Sean Taylor, I am a son of a mechanic. I grew up here in So Cal listening to my Dad's stories of how things where in the 60's of him cruising Whittier Blvd. He drove a 31 Ford coupe with a Duntov cammed 301 Chevy, muncie four speed and a 57 Olds rear with 4:11 posi. He still has the coupe and should be on the road soon. My Dad took me to every car show, swap meet and junk yard from day one. I really enjoy reading and looking at ALL cars.

! did the graphic artist ad agency thing for 10 years. The last few years I have been working (playing around) with die cast cars. I do everything from paint schemes to packaging. I just left Muscle Machines to help start a new die cast company, more info to come shortly. On my free time, I am also the artist for www.vintagedragclub.com.

My daily driver is a 1965 Buick Sport Wagon (Buick's version of the Vista Cruiser). It has a 383 SBC, turbo 350 and a 12 bolt posi with 3:42. I still have my first car, a 1972 Chevelle SS (I cloned it in the early 90's) that I have had since 1988. I hope to tear into the Chevelle this next year and redo everything.

Sean
                          Sean

I work with die cast too. If you will be doing 1:18 let me know, as we sell a LOT of them.

Jim
                          Supercar Collectibles
                          Supercar Collectibles started out in 1995, at a home, on a part time basis. We currently have a good size warehouse, along with office space and do this full time with 7 people keeping very busy. We try to have a good selection of product at a fair price, and treat people how we would like to be treated.

Hi Jim,

Right now we are sticking with 1/64 and 1/24 scales. The Mass (Wal-Mart, Target & K-Mart) are not supporting the 1/18 scales like they used to, also the jump in the price of materials and gas are major factors. There seems to be a lot of companies doing very nicely detailed cars at 1/18, it's when they get smaller they loose the details. Wait till you see our 1/64's, they are crazy detailed.

Thanks,
                          Sean

Comment

Originally posted by ProRauder
                            ... snip large piece of text of car-owner showing off his irresponsible juvenile-toy...
                            Awesome! :o
                            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I guess it is time to introduce myself.

I am Allen and I am NOT a true car guy. I rarely have owned more that 2 running cars/trucks and never more than one "project" vehicle at the same time. Most of my drivers have been modified with the exception of my Taurus SHO which was driven to it's retirement without a single modification. I have on a couple occasions had to buy a beater because one of my running pieces decided to take a break. I have also driven donor cars longer than expected because they ran better than my other stuff at the time.

I am (or was) more of a motorcycle guy. I have been riding off-road motorcycles since 1965. I have owned some really trick bikes (both street and race) and was typically the oddball amongst my racing buddies because my truck/van was fast.

I am going to ask some weird/silly/obvious/stupid questions and expect you to justify your answers. I don't generally do what I am told until I understand why that is the best course of action.

Thank you in advance for helping and entertaining me.

Comment

Welcome Allen... I too am a bike guy... just now getting into off road... ( meaning off asphault and on Gravel )...

I'm actually contemplating a trip down to central America on a bike.. along with one down to the Key's... ( BMW F 650 )...

Just kind of running my brain these days...

K

Comment

Working...
                                X