Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Short Intro's

Gary, great to see young guys getting involved, no problem on the "old thing" kinda used to it now ;D

Comment

Steve here, from west Texas.

Mostly a Mopar guy, but I've dabbled with GM's and Fords.Not into imports or the "tuner" crowd myself.

My current project is a 65 Cuda, was going with a slightly warm 318 for it, since I have a 318 and the original 273 has never run right for me, bought it that way.

But I've noticed that a take out 5.7L Hemi is real cheap so I've been thinking on that for now. Firgure it'll probably cost me twice as much as the Hemi to get it installed and running. Man, add Hemi to the name and the prices are insane.

Out in the garage with a tape measure, see ya.

Comment

Howdy folks. My name is Jason. I am from central NC. I am a welder/fabricator. I have no car to speak of that I own but I am invloved to some degree in many cars in my area. My biggest claim to fame would be an airdam for a 1971 Camaro for David Matyjasik and shown in Hot Rod magazines article of the Maxton Mile (is that right?) at Laurinburg Maxton airbase here in NC. I look forward to getting to know you fellas and hopefully I can add some useful information from time to time.

Comment

Hey, my name is Nathan I'm from Wilmington, NC. I run a small computer shop (I do the paper work and dismantle laptops all day) Nasty Nate was a name I picked up in high school (the name explains itself ;)
          I played in the import seem was I was young, messed with street bikes, 4X4's, now tinkering with older cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden_Commando
            Hi, nice site Dave. I'm Ken Sieloff and I live in the Detroit suburbs at the north end of Woodward Ave. I work for a Global OEM autoparts manufacturer as a Sales and Engineering manager. I grew up a few miles from Detroit Dragway in the 60s and it had a profound influence on my taste in cars. I'm old school all the way but my job keeps me current with what's going on in the car world.
            I do most of my own work and I'm fortunate to have a family that understands and supports the gearhead that I am.

Man that thing is beautiful !!!!!
            "Life's tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

Comment

Hi, NVR_DUN signing on.

From Alberta, Canada.
              66 Chevy II, 68 Camaro SS 350, Both run but need work....
              Have my own site devoted to the car hobby. http://members.shaw.ca/darryl68ss350/

Cheers, NVR DUN.

Comment

Morgan Here from Fresno Ca. Have a wife named Lisa and a 15 year old daughter named Brittany along with a dog and cat. I am a Safety Director covering the west Coast Operations for the largest wine company in the world. Grew up in Louisiana and got my love of cars from my father. At one time we were an all Mustang family. My father now has a 40 2 door sedan that he getting ready to sell. My first car was a 53 ford Customline which I restored then sold at Kruse Car Auction. That same day I purchased a 50 Merc Coupe for $1300.00. I customized the 50 Merc dropped in a 302 with a C4 and used it through much of high school and some of college (LSU). realized that a 50 Merc did not make a great car for College and purchased a 72 Olds Cutlass Supreme from a co ed for 450.00 that i fixed up and drove through the rest of college. Boy there were some good times in that car. After college moved to Rochester NY were I was for 11 years. wnet through a series of imports and winter beaters as well as a 91 Ranger, 95 Explorer and my wife has to SHO's. When I moved to Fresno i got back into the car hobby with a 76 Mustang convertible that was a GT350 replica (very nice). Then I bought and restored a 67 Shelby GT-500 which I still wish I had then a bought the Shelby 427 Cobra which I still have. I also have a Yamaha FJR 1300. I am also a bike nut. Of course I love my cars way too much anbd spend all my time in the garage. Just ask my wife because that is what she will tell you. ;)

My fathers 40

My wife Lisa going for a test drive in a Spiker 8)

My 67 Shelby GT500

My Cobra at a local Lincoln display

Me with my good friend Dick Smith. He set the record in a Cobra in 1968 at Daytona 198 mph. Later that year he and his step son would die in a plane crash.

Comment

Chris Stewart, Indianapolis, Indiana.

33, married, 3 kids(16, 8, and 5), hairball that passes for a cat, 2nd home....but no garage(for now). Suicide Jockey/Bomb Pilot/Tanker driver hauling JP-8 for the DoD.

Have an '85 Z28 that has been slightly modded, hope to do more in the future.

....oh yeah...I, too, am a JUNKIE.

Comment

Hello all,New guy here .
                    Just surfing the net and watching 1320 video's Pump gas drags07 DVD

Neil Richards
                    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada(that's right the great white north)
                    21 years old

Been wrenching on,Dreaming about and racing cars since i was a kid. Now I'm about to make the move to turn my passion into a career(hopefully ???) as me and my dad are opening a high performance/dyno shop, with me running the shop and him owning it .

I've had several car's but my favorite ones are the engine swapped ones ,not sure why I just have a thing for light cars with nice gm power under the hood.
                    Some of my pasts were as follows:

1981 Mazda Rx7
                    355 sbc w/stock vortec heads
                    Th350 - 12.5@115mph n/a

Next was a car i had alot of fun in and really showed me the potential/power of nitrous

1986 Mazda Rx7
                    357 sbc/built 200r4/N2o
                    11.2@129mph

And then there is my dad's S-10
                    1989 s-10 longbox
                    mild 355sbc/th350/ford 8"
                    12.4@109mph n/a

And my most recent and BY FAR most favorite:

1989 mustang coupe
                    2004 gm 5.3 lsx motor/Th400/T76 turbo
                    So far : 11.0@134mph-pump gas 12 psi driven 6 hours to the track making 25mpg the whole way ;D

And here is a short video of the car(although not showing the better passes)
                    Neils Turbo Fox!

Sorry for the Giant novel/pics , I built everything on these car's from engine mounts-hand built motor plate, built the trans,turbo kit,diff etc etc. Hope to make it down to Drag week one of these years and meet up with some of you face to face.

Comment

Hi... My name is Dan and I like fast cars!!!
                      Admitting you have a problem is the first step!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dans 83
                        Hi... My name is Dan and I like fast cars!!!
                        Admitting you have a problem is the first step!!!
                        Second step is denying yourself those urges. NOT!!
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm Steve from Ky. Thought I'd come check the site out. Heard about it on YB.

Comment

and you have a Malibu wagon.... trust me... you'll fit in fine around here...

K

Comment

Duner Here.
                              Followed the link over from Moparts.com
                              Old school hot-rodder. I've had about 100 cars/trucks/bikes over the years.
                              My thing is quick street cars.
                              I've had track-only race cars, but really like DRIVING my cars - so they are STREET CARS.

Over the last 7 or 8 years I've fallen in love with turbos.... and trucks.
                              I turbo'd my '00 4.7 Dakota and raced it all over the place.
                              It's not "super-fast" but does pretty well for a daily driver.
                              Best times with it are in the 12.20s @ 117 mph.
                              http://members.cox.net/duner/Turbo/DunervsLethal.wmv

My latest project is my '99 R/T.
                              I turbo'd this truck as well and lives on the street - but races at the track.
                              Stock original shortblock, with ported heads, decent cam and M1 2bbl intake.
                              A GT4202 Single turbo tops it off.
                              It's a work in progress, with a best time so far of 10.90s @ 124 mph.
                              I'm making some more changes to it, so I'm hoping for improvements in the times.
                              http://members.cox.net/duner/Turbo/DunerRT1143.wmv

My long-term project is a '73 RS Camaro.
                              It's pretty rough right now. I'm basically just restoring it for a nice cruiser,
                              but it might end up getting a turbo as well. I love those things!

BTW - The name Duner is because I've been going to the dunes in southern
                              California whenever I get the chance for the past 25 years or so.
                              I ride quads out there. I have had many-many different bikes, three-wheeler and quads.
                              Right now my ride is a 500 Predator, with piston, cam, carb and pipe.

Comment

Turbos are for diesels. :o

Hello to all! Keith, Tonya and yes, even you Dave! let me know if you ever need a driver for that bucket! ;D

Rick.

Comment

Working...
                                X