Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Newbies Introduce Yourself Here! Welcome!

8)Howdy! I live 23.6 miles south of Famoso Drag Strip. I am going to attend the "rescheduled Sunday event", tomorrow the 25th which is Saturday. Hopefully it won't rain....again. My hobbie involes a '75 Vette with all matching #'s ....whoop! :o It has apprx. 345hp, which is a little more than stock which was a "HUGH" 160ish horse power!!!! :o It's fun on the weekends while cruzzzzzing around with local dudes going to Chuy's or just down the stree to the local Starbucks. I took it to Chuy's in Bakersfield, Ca. for the "pre-March meet festivities". Got a parkling spot in the Hot Rod line up. Didn't really want to but buds convinced me to go ahead and put it up next to some"true Hot Rods", man they were nice, and a few people actually took pictures of mine.....that was cool!!! Later :D

Comment

Philip Delaney
      Owner of Rage Wraps.com
      Chicago Suburbs, IL

First post on the site. Just wanted to say hi and see what this board is all about.

Comment

Woah! So many new people! Welcome to BangShift, y'all!
        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Greetings......I'm an old motorhead from Pennsylvania, just found this place on Facebook, looks interesting. I have two cars, my daily driver which is an '06 Dodge Magnum (3.5 v-6, no hemi, sorry) and my toy car is an '86 Monte Carlo SS that I rebuilt a 350 for last summer. Here's a couple pics.

My Monte SS

and my Maggie, down at Ft. DeSoto beach in Florida a couple of weeks ago

Baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Chevrolet!!!

Comment

Logan Kish, from geneva, ohio...always been into cars I do industrial concrete work...I got a couple projects simmering in the pot. 98 s10 think its gonna get a small block...I am a drag racer....came out to maxton and dug the speed racing...

Comment

PacoKowalski drank all my beer. ;D

Steve
              Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by Anotheroldgearhead
                Greetings......I'm an old motorhead from Pennsylvania, just found this place on Facebook, looks interesting. I have two cars, my daily driver which is an '06 Dodge Magnum (3.5 v-6, no hemi, sorry) and my toy car is an '86 Monte Carlo SS that I rebuilt a 350 for last summer. Here's a couple pics.

My Monte SS

and my Maggie, down at Ft. DeSoto beach in Florida a couple of weeks ago

Welcome.
                What part of PA? We have a lot of guys from there.

Steve
                Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

Originally posted by PacoKowalski
                  Logan Kish, from geneva, ohio...always been into cars I do industrial concrete work...I got a couple projects simmering in the pot. 98 s10 think its gonna get a small block...I am a drag racer....came out to maxton and dug the speed racing...
                  That screen name rules!
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Hello everyone!!
                    I'm Chantal, a newbie here also.
                    I just like cars that's why i'm here.
                    I just don't like it, i really love it.
                    I wanna have one someday.

bar stools

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                      That screen name rules!
                      A maxton Drunk conversation created that name. If Paco gets out of line, he live about 20 yards away from me I can go smack him around. ;D
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo
                        Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        That screen name rules!
                        A maxton Drunk conversation created that name. If Paco gets out of line, he live about 20 yards away from me I can go smack him around. ;D
                        Come and get ya some haha

Comment

Hey guys and gals. Im Troy from Bonne Terre ,Mo. I been foolin around with buildin cars and stuff for about 25 yrs. I got a 70 Nova ( the Nogo) that I have been workin on since 89(sheesh). Currently I'm building my 79 Malibu that I got in 99,its been sitting on the sidelines for the last 4 yrs. I would rather have the Nogo on the the road but the Bu is easier to get back on the steet.

Comment

Thanks for joining up Psycho!
                            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

New guy here,hello everyone... ;)..Here is my bio for what its worth..
                              In the early 70s I was I was working at Keith Blacks.My brother had his own rear eng TF car early 70's I did the work.In 1974 we ran 5.96 at Chandler AZ and became the 10th in the Crager 5 sec club.The cost got to be too much and he quit
                              Cragar 5-Second Top Fuel Club
                              1. Tommy Ivo Oct. 22, 1972 5.97 New Alexandria, Pa.
                              2. Mike Snively Nov. 17, 1972 5.97 Ontario, Calif.
                              3. Don Moody Nov. 17, 1972 5.91 Ontario, Calif.
                              4. Don Garlits July 7, 1973 5.95 Portland, Ore.
                              5. Gary Beck Sept. 3, 1973 5.96 Indianapolis
                              6. James Warren Oct. 13, 1973 5.97 Fremont, Calif.
                              7. Larry Dixon Sr. Nov. 16, 1973 5.94 Ontario, Calif.
                              8. Dan Richins Nov. 16, 1973 5.93 Ontario, Calif.
                              9. John Stewart Nov. 16, 1973 5.92 Ontario, Calif.
                              10. Pete Kalb Jan. 26, 1974 5.96 Phoenix
                              11. Jerry Ruth Jan. 27, 1974 5.95 Phoenix
                              12. Dwight Salisbury Feb. 2, 1974 5.97 Pomona, Calif.
                              13. Dwight Hughes Feb. 2, 1974 5.97 Pomona, Calif.
                              14. Carl Olson March 10, 1974 5.94 Bakersfield, Calif.
                              15. Gary Ritter March 23, 1974 5.84 Sacramento, Calif.
                              16. Frank Bradley June 29, 1974 5.96 Irvine, Calif.

In 1974 I went to work for G Burgin on his FC the Orange Baron. We took the car on tour in 1975.In 1976 we won the Nationals at Indy beating the Snake in final.We won the Spring Nationals the following year.The car had a 90% win/loss record match racing..
                              I quit drag raceing in 1981 and went to work for an Indy car team and did this for two years and then quit racing altogether and came home..I never should have quit.So there you have it..
                              Now I'm medicly handicapped and no use to anyone,certainly not my wife who has to support us...

Comment

Welcome aboard -
                                Phil / Omaha

Comment

Working...
                                X