Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all. JC "Crash' Creighton. I caught the live feed at Famosa, and wandered around here and got this far. Now that I made it this far I wanna say; Thank You, for some great Tractor racing! Chad, and Brian worked their butt off, and I enjoyed the show they provided.
    I'll wander about here checking stuff out, and hope to crash my junk around here!

JC "Crash" Creighton
    Last edited by CrashCreighton; October 25, 2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Hello. Craig from pretty much everywhere (mostly virginia or iowa, but currently Iraq). Was told about this forum from people over on the hotrod.com forum while searching for power tour info. 2012 will be my first power tour, and I'm definitely excited for it. I have a few vehicles right now, going to be taking my '95 S10 extended cab on the tour (350sbc/th350 for now, hoping LT1/T56 by the tour), but also have a '95 s10 reg cab (350sbc/700r4... for sale? lol), an '05 Cobalt SS (13.4@105 when it actually hooks, which is rare), and an '03 GSXR1000 (stacks, exhaust, filter, PCIII, nitrous, barnett clutch, driven sprockets/520 chain, tons of other stuff). Anyways I'm stuck in Iraq right now, but hoping to be back in the states before to long. Hi everybody!
      '95 S10: 350sbc/th350 (for now)
      '05 Cobalt SS: 13.4@105 (boost + money = fun)
      '03 GSXR1000: exhaust, stacks, filter, PCIII, nitrous, plenty of other stuff
      GO CAPITALS!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by itS10neverdone View Post
        Hello. Craig from pretty much everywhere (mostly virginia or iowa, but currently Iraq). Was told about this forum from people over on the hotrod.com forum while searching for power tour info. 2012 will be my first power tour, and I'm definitely excited for it. I have a few vehicles right now, going to be taking my '95 S10 extended cab on the tour (350sbc/th350 for now, hoping LT1/T56 by the tour), but also have a '95 s10 reg cab (350sbc/700r4... for sale? lol), an '05 Cobalt SS (13.4@105 when it actually hooks, which is rare), and an '03 GSXR1000 (stacks, exhaust, filter, PCIII, nitrous, barnett clutch, driven sprockets/520 chain, tons of other stuff). Anyways I'm stuck in Iraq right now, but hoping to be back in the states before to long. Hi everybody!
        Hey! You aren't the only one that power tour has lured here lol. It's an awesome experience and will be even better if you find some of the crazies that hang out here (I say that lovingly ). Welcome to BS!
        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

• Welcome aboard all!
          Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

• Just registered here after seeing a link at Gasser Forums to Bangshift's coverage of CHRR and watching all weekend. I'm a big fan of drag racing, but haven't raced since the late 80's. My interests in cars are mostly older stuff, and not much since the early 1970's interests me for new cars.
            My daily driver is a 1969 Suburban 350/TH400 with interior and a few engine mods to make it fun and comfortable.
            My others are a 1971 Camaro I bought used in 1973 for $2335. It is a SS396 with dealer installed 427, and I raced it for the first 16 yrs. I owned it. Now it's rebuilt and just gets an occasional cruise on nice days.
            Most recently I've been working on my newest project; a 1946 Austin sedan. Purchased in August of 2010 in completely stock condition, I quickly tore all the running gear out and built a gasser style car from the remains. It's now a 327 bored .040" over, with Holley Pro Dominator tunnel ram and dual 500 cfm Holleys. Speedway straight axle under the front, andd a narrowed 10 bolt in the back, with 3.73 gears. Trans is a highly modified TH350, with manual shift kit, and 2500 stall converter. Body is still mostly original paint, and interior is all new with old Harwood racing buckets, and black naugahyde panels on the doors. Wife and I did all the interior work, but it's keep pretty bare bones basic looking, nothing fancy. 4 pt. rollbar with 4 pt. racing harnesses. The car has almost 3000 miles on it this summer, but just tore the engine down for winter upgrades. It's getting a set of angle plug 2.05 aluminum heads with 190cc runners, a bigger 292/292 .488" lift cam and gear drive timing.
            Hopefully if money permits it might get paint this winter; if not then it'll get driven next year with it's 65 year old paint!

Comment

• Welcome to the fun!
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Thanks Brian!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1946Austin View Post
                  Just registered here after seeing a link at Gasser Forums to Bangshift's coverage of CHRR and watching all weekend. I'm a big fan of drag racing, but haven't raced since the late 80's. My interests in cars are mostly older stuff, and not much since the early 1970's interests me for new cars.
                  My daily driver is a 1969 Suburban 350/TH400 with interior and a few engine mods to make it fun and comfortable.
                  My others are a 1971 Camaro I bought used in 1973 for $2335. It is a SS396 with dealer installed 427, and I raced it for the first 16 yrs. I owned it. Now it's rebuilt and just gets an occasional cruise on nice days.
                  Most recently I've been working on my newest project; a 1946 Austin sedan. Purchased in August of 2010 in completely stock condition, I quickly tore all the running gear out and built a gasser style car from the remains. It's now a 327 bored .040" over, with Holley Pro Dominator tunnel ram and dual 500 cfm Holleys. Speedway straight axle under the front, andd a narrowed 10 bolt in the back, with 3.73 gears. Trans is a highly modified TH350, with manual shift kit, and 2500 stall converter. Body is still mostly original paint, and interior is all new with old Harwood racing buckets, and black naugahyde panels on the doors. Wife and I did all the interior work, but it's keep pretty bare bones basic looking, nothing fancy. 4 pt. rollbar with 4 pt. racing harnesses. The car has almost 3000 miles on it this summer, but just tore the engine down for winter upgrades. It's getting a set of angle plug 2.05 aluminum heads with 190cc runners, a bigger 292/292 .488" lift cam and gear drive timing.
                  Hopefully if money permits it might get paint this winter; if not then it'll get driven next year with it's 65 year old paint!
                  Another sick pup - welcome to the kennel.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Now theres a brave Man ?
                    Danny/Zachary
                    HRPT '08 LH, '09 Days 6 & 7, '10 LH

Comment

• Goodmorning!! New guy from New Jersey here. I signed up a while back but, well, I have 0it time to sit in front of a computer. Well wouldn't ya know it??? I finally got a smart phone!
                      I am a mechanic by trade. I used to be a firefighter but too many close calls made me reanalyze my life.
                      I am the proud caretaker of a '70 340 Dart. I am trying to get it back to daily driver status. Wish me luck on that.
                      Ok, I am drawing a mental blank right now but I assure, I will chime in from time to time.
                      Be safe.

Comment

• Welcome Jersey
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• This won't be much of an intro as I don't want to bore you! My second post will be in the " Ladies with Cars Thread", hope you like John Deere Green & Yellow.........................

Comment

• HI, ALL.

I'm Tim Hunter
                            from laramie, WY. Grew up outside Detroit. I have been a motorhead since birth. Don't know why didn't have any influance. currently building a 71 Buick Sportwagon. right now it is going pro-touring. but may change in 10 minutes.
                            US Air Force Veteran, 9 years. Work at Wally world.
                            My wife has been trained in the motorhead ways. But she has always been a tomboy.

Tim
                            '71 Buick Sportwagon running project
                            '85 Ford Crown Victoria 2 dr. 2nd project
                            2015 Harley Street Glide 103ci

Comment

• Welcome to the new dudes and dudettes!
                              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Hello All my name is Bruce from Delaware Have a 76 Nova I Pro Streeted in 89 Owned car for 32 years and still love it today as much as I always have, Really enjoy Driving and hope to do some of your tours you guys do together, Already know a few members and look forward to knowing more
                                Bruce 2006 Long Hauler
                                Long Hauler 2006 Photos
                                [email protected]
                                ProNova Designs
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X