Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, I'm Mike and into most anything with a motor and wheels. Bob Chiluk sent me a link to a post about Hot Rod Chassis and Cycle and here I am. Thought I'd hang out for a bit.
    Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid. - John Wayne

Comment

• Hey Brian lohnes, I met you at my shop in Boston to check out my bros red c10. Do you still have the wrecker? Ive been creeping on the site for a while figured I would drop a line or two- Joe McNally
      this is my signature

Comment

• Hey Joe, yep, I still have the wrecker!
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• whoa, i think my login is actually working finally! hey, my name is Rich, but everyone calls me Ratty, or Ratman, or Rat, or whatever.. and no, i don't have a rat motor, just a mouse... i'm a curbside gearhead, drag racing rookie, and drag fan veteran... my current car is a 1966 Chevy Biscayne 2-dr... well, it was... i only kept the original very rusted body (there's a good choice for a project car... never said i was smart), the dash, steering wheel, and bumpers, and merged it onto an AM H-frame chassis that i built from (pretty much) scratch, and a pump gas 406 sbc (Dart Little M, Pro 1, Callies, Lunati, etc.) that i also built, and a NOS Direct Port kit that i have yet to use... the 3600 lb. boat (plus my 200lb. fat ass), has done a 12.26 112mph best so far last year, but should be easily in the 11's once i swap my 4.30 gears in (replacing my 60' killing 3.50's)... have no idea what i'm doing, just learning it the hard way.. trial and error... don't have any drag racing or gearhead friends (other than online), so i've always been on my own... just learned everything from reading mags (and now the internet)
          just trying to go Dead On and Double 0's

Comment

• Hello, my name is Chris. I live near The Ohio Mile and did some volunteer work their and was turned onto this site from the gatekeeper on Sat. I am just a spectator these days but I had a few jalopies 15 plus years ago. Hope I can stir the pot with ya'll!!!

Comment

• Welcome Chris, you won't be a spectator long, just ask peewee. We're a baaaad influence.
              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

• Dale here, i live out in the desert near edwards afb, retired military with an 87 turbo regal undergoing resto.

Comment

• Hi, i'm Vince and the first step is admitting you have a problem. i'm a
                  Pontiaddict and i need ..... no scratch that, i don't need help. i've been a gear head since birth and grew up with Pontiacs of all sorts. i am currently looking at building (and updating) a Pontiac 250 OHC 6 cyl just because it's different. future plans may be to do the same with the 195 Pontiac 4 cyl. (half of a 389). call me crazy....

Comment

• Welcome to the fun, guys!

Ponchos rule!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Wow, I've realized I've never introduced myself so here goes:

Hi! Hello.

Bishir is my last name and most people know be that. I've been in the field of Education for the last 10 years (currently I.T.), and my dreams are always much larger than my budget. My car focus has evolved from vintage-Mustangs to modern performance. A lack of focus and direction has always plagued me, though the love of cars has remained constant. I used the money I was saving to get married on a 69 Mustang yet she married me anyway, and when we bought our first house I built a garage next to it just as large. My currently cars/ongoing projects include a 70 Chevelle and an 87 Buick Grand National both of which I can't decide to keep or sell. I'd like to build a car of each type, protouring, drag, cruiser, prostreet, rat, etc.. Though I'm usually regulated to dreaming and doing just enough to keep my own junk on the road.
                      Powertour off/on since 2002
                      sigpic

Comment

• Speedy's Vanity Post

I realized that I'd never posted anything to this thread. Considering that there have been more than 200 page views to my empty profile over the years, I decided to sit down as in "Citizen Kane" and write my own profile from an objective, third-party perspective:

"Speedy's avocation as an infamous, opinionated "keyboard racer" began nearly a decade ago as a primary instigator of the legendary "so were not rich but we arent stupid" thread at Car Craft.com (http://forums.carcraft.com/70/668919...pid/index.html) Before the internet, Speedy took on David Freiburger's bias against turbocharging. Thus, the "so we're not rich" thread was merely an extension of a prior controversy.

A long-time turbo enthusiast and Ford Motor Company loyalist (and critic), Speedy has an extensive car collection (more accurately, a junk collection with a few nuggets).

Speedy waded into the world of vanity blogging with the former (and now dormant) "Truth With Speedzzter" blog (http://speedzzter.blogspot.com/). Speedy began posting at Bangshift to promote the "Truth" blog, but quickly realized that the Bangshift community provided greater exposure to Speedy's unique brand of "keyboard racer" opinions.

Speedy was once an occasional "front page" contributor to the Bangshift blog, but Speedy's day job prevented consistency in submissions. Moreover, Speedy's opinions became a lightning rod for controversy. And Bangshift's proprietors never supplied Speedy with the "swag" they promised. Thus, Speedy regrettably retreated to occasional forum posts. Speedy's time as a "front page" contributor lead to the sobriquet "the Andy Rooney of Bangshifting."

Speedy's posts have often generated both a large number of page views and substantial controversy. Speedy was at the center of a firestorm in the "Gromer v. Hunkins" thread (http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...mer-v.-Hunkins). Speedy's unvarnished opinions on the rules for Hot Rod's Drag Week and PHR's Engine Masters require Speedy to don a fire suit when posting.

Speedy has a substantial, but sporadic on-line presence, posting comments mostly at "Bring A Trailer," "Autoblog," "Autoblog Green," and various Source Interlink fora. Speedy is an occasional lurker at many other forums, from the Turbo Forums to the H.A.M.B.

Speedy has used a variety of pseudonyms, often to generate faux controversy, including "Turbo Ted" (
                        Car Craft forum), "Pontiac Quack" (Car Craft forum), 460-BBF-Turbo-In-CC and "Chevysxz" (Car Craft forum).

Like most vanity posters and "keyboard racers," deep down Speedy believes he's an undiscovered racer, humorist, automotive journalist, turbocharging expert, and automotive product planner/manager. Speedy, of course, is a prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect) self-delusion. Speedy is a real-life Walter Mitty.

Speedy is a modestly-skilled "shade tree" mechanic who talks a much bigger "game" than he's ever delivered. Speedy's been working toward his "magnum opus" hot rod since the early '80s, yet really has made little progress. Speedy's primary experience in the automotive world came during a stent as a salesperson/manager for Western Auto, in the "flag store" division.

Speedy's primary areas of expertise are in areas that cannot be discussed without violating Bangshift's rules of service.

In short, Speedy is a pontificating windbag of minimal achievement in the realm of Bangshifting."
                        Last edited by 38P; May 12, 2012, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• Speedy, I'm gonna make your dreams come true. I'm putting turbos on my car on the super cheap.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

• Outstanding, Scott!

Comment

• talking in the third person again ?
                              we are not amused

Comment

• Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
                                talking in the third person again ?
                                we are not amused
                                Sorry that "We" (Spidey and the mouse in his pocket?) did not like my "objective, third-party perspective." "We" probably didn't like "Citizen Kane" either.

Comment

Working...
                                X