Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbies Introduce Yourself Here .. Welcome !

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning;

My name is Bob Ashton and I live in the Detroit area. In addition to living and breathing ALL things car related, I am the producer of the annual Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals show in the Chicago area.

I am a 7 time HRPT Long Hauler in my crazy '73 AMC Hornet and have been a "lurker" here for years. Although i make a living doing car things every day, I generally do car things in my off time too, when not water skiing or wakeboarding behind my Moomba!

Long overdue to jump in on the fun!

Bob Ashton

Comment

• Bob, welcome to the inside world of BS!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• Hello Bang shift members. My name is Matt. I just joined up yesterday. I was referred here by meber "Hezie". I frequent a few other forums and hope to have a good time here.

As for cars, I currently have a 68 Chevrolet C10 stepside, which recently got a carbed LS1/700R4 combo. My wife has an 88 Mustang GT convertible with a 5.0/5 speed.

I've been around cars pretty much all my life. My dad has several vehicles that I have been involved in building. He has a 53 Chevy truck with 235/3 speed, a 56 Chevy BelAir sedan with 350/M20, an 87 Monte Carlo SS with 350 HO crate/2004R, and my first car which was an 83 ElCamino SS with 350/TH350.

Let me know if you want to see pics and I will post some.
        "Life is tough. Life is tougher if you're stupid" - John Wayne

Comment

• Hello Bill Masiello here Drag racing has been my passion for most of my 62 years . Currently race a small block powered F.E.D. in Division one Top Dragster Best et so far is 7.01 at 192 . Hoping to get into the six's next weekend at the PA Dutch classic !

Comment

• Bill your dragster is AWESOME! Seen it run a bunch!
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

• I guess I should get over here to introduce myself. I am Bobby Little from the Richmond VA area, I am always playing with something motorized and have fun cruising with my '65 Chevelle or bracket racing my SBC powered rail. Been porting heads and intakes as a hobby for about 20 years and even do some side work for a few local builders.

Got over here interested in Drag Week and looking to make the '13 tour if it's within reach of the east coast.

-Bobby-
              -Bobby-

Comment

• Hello all, long time lurker first time poster. Finally got a car on a platform that I love, so I figured it was time to come out of the shadows. I just picked up a 1996 Town Car. Plans are to drive it until the motor seriously goes south, in that time I will be saving my pennies to build a good 4.6 to place back into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lilracr View Post
                  I guess I should get over here to introduce myself. I am Bobby Little from the Richmond VA area, I am always playing with something motorized and have fun cruising with my '65 Chevelle or bracket racing my SBC powered rail. Been porting heads and intakes as a hobby for about 20 years and even do some side work for a few local builders.

Got over here interested in Drag Week and looking to make the '13 tour if it's within reach of the east coast.

-Bobby-
                  Power Tour ends in Concord, NC this year Bobby - come on out.
                  Phil / Omaha

Comment

I guess I should get over here to introduce myself. I am Bobby Little from the Richmond VA area, I am always playing with something motorized and have fun cruising with my '65 Chevelle or bracket racing my SBC powered rail. Been porting heads and intakes as a hobby for about 20 years and even do some side work for a few local builders.

-Bobby-
                    was my first drag week and will not be my last .......would be worth the drive if you can make it. I guarooooonnteeee.

And welcome to Bang Shift.
                    Last edited by greenXpress; October 12, 2012, 10:39 AM.
                    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Guys,
                      I have not been following the Power Tour but will have to look at it, ran a leg back a few years ago when it was on the east coast. Just not my cup of tea to sit around in a show event. More of a racer type guy, so Drag Week is really bright on the Radar!
                      -Bobby-

Comment

Guys,
                        I have not been following the Power Tour but will have to look at it, ran a leg back a few years ago when it was on the east coast. Just not my cup of tea to sit around in a show event. More of a racer type guy, so Drag Week is really bright on the Radar!
                        I guess I misread your post - I've set up a chair once or twice in 4 long hauls - usually for a place to set my beer. Welcome to BangShift.
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

• Hi, Dieselgeek told me about this forum (so blame him ). I have been lurking for a while and I feel it is time to introduce myself.

I have worked as an aircraft mechanic for a major airline for the last 16 years. During that time I have worked with hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems. I also have plenty of experience with aluminum structural repairs along with working with composite structures.

I also work part time at a major national chain auto parts store. I have worked on and off in the auto parts industry since 1994.

In the spare time I have left, my wife and I run our business Dalzell Racing, LLC. We specialize in engine management systems and tuning - OEM to custom.

Project cars that I have in the driveway:

96 Ford Mustang - My daily driver. A V6 w a small cam, converted to E85, 3.73 gears, and a piggy-backed MegaSquirt MS2.

95 Pontiac Firebird - My wife's car. In the middle of an LT1 swap.

94 Chevy Camaro Z28 - Future drag car project.

94 Pontiac Firebird Formula - My wife's future land speed project.

73 Chevy Blazer - In long term project mow-around storage.

-Stacy
                          Dalzell Racing, LLC
                          www.dalzellracing.weebly.com

Comment

• after seeing your list of projects I understand why you work all the time. See you when I need parts.
                            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• Newbie Here my name is Matt and I look forward in getting to know everyone...

Comment

• Originally posted by BigBlockFord View Post
                                Newbie Here my name is Matt and I look forward in getting to know everyone...
                                We needmore big block ford guys, welcome. Take a look at BBR's project thread and you may also find some stuff in the Drag Week threads as well.

Bill
                                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X