Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take a ride in Andy Warren's NMC/B Caprice (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take a ride in Andy Warren's NMC/B Caprice (video)

Here is a cool video of Andy Warren's NMCA Nostalgia Muscle Car (NMC/B 11.00 index) 1971 Chevy Caprice (small block car!).

Check out the kickass expertise of handling of the old stock column shifter!

2 in car shots in my 1971 Chevrolet Caprice.First pass was a 6.79 and the 2nd was a 6.81 in the 1/8th mile.

6.81 @ 99.97 (1/8th mile) in a 4000 lb small block powered, naturally aspirated beast is not to shabby!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Re: Take a ride in Andy Warren's NMC/B Caprice (video)

That is fing awsome, shifting it from the column how wild and not to mention foot breaking it. That car is awsome.

Comment

dude the shifting on the tree makes it SO much more bitchin.that is showing us young folk how its done

Comment

Originally posted by Joes66chevy
        dude the shifting on the tree makes it SO much more bitchin.that is showing us young folk how its done
        Andy IS a young folk! LOL!

Ron
        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by NMCA_Ron
          Originally posted by Joes66chevy
          Andy IS a young folk! LOL!

Ron
          fine us under 20 folk lol ;D

Comment

Everyone knows that I am a sucker for the those land yacht's. The fact that it lifts the front tires is an amazing feat in itself.

Here is aother vid of it running.
            Andy Warren in his 1971 Chevrolet Caprice. First round bye run at the NMCA race in Bowling Green, Ky. 11.004 on a 11.00 index.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
              Everyone knows that I am a sucker for the those land yacht's. The fact that it lifts the front tires is an amazing feat in itself.

Here is aother vid of it running.
              Andy Warren in his 1971 Chevrolet Caprice. First round bye run at the NMCA race in Bowling Green, Ky. 11.004 on a 11.00 index.
              so rebel likes em with alittle extra meat around the edges hahahahah i think a tire lifting column shifted car is totally bitchin in all aspects

Comment

That is friggin Awesome! Same dash lay out as my Centurion, wonder where he shaved 1,000lbs out ??? Rebeldryver is right, I can't believe it pulls the wheels!
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                  That is friggin Awesome! Same dash lay out as my Centurion, wonder where he shaved 1,000lbs out ??? Rebeldryver is right, I can't believe it pulls the wheels!
                  They were closer to 4500 to 4700 lbs depending on options. Their driveshafts were the weak point.

BTW. My first car was a 71 Impala sedan.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I had my '72 weighed, me not in it, gas gauge reading E, and two 10" Subs in a box in the trunk weighed in at 5,012lbs. The box might have weighed 50lbs, and mine was a Big Block Buick. I had to replace the CV joint in the drive shaft 3000 miles after I bought it, and 2500 miles from home :o
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Oh how I love 2 piece driveshafts.... I've blown 2 CV joints and 1 carrier bearing in my 3 Riv's over the years. The carrier bearing was the first and the most annoying to try to find what the heck it was.
                      Central TEXAS Sleeper
                      USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

It's a one piece driveshaft with a two piece rear u-joint connected by a ball and socket.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Oh... I have 2 of those CV assemblies in my 2 piece shaft on my Riviera. The rear one seized up last year on Powertour.
                          Central TEXAS Sleeper
                          USAF Physicist

ROA# 9790

Comment

Impressive 8).I especially like how fast the engine reacts.I guess he has 4,56 in the rear..

Comment

Love it!
                              Tom
                              Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                              X