Detroit Area Nostalgia Quiz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Area Nostalgia Quiz

OK - What's located at the corner of Nine Mile and Mack? For some strange reason this popped into my head at lunch today.

Dan

Roy O'Brien Ford.
    "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

DING, DING, DING!!! Are they still in business? Roy must be 117 years old by now.

Dan

Comment

Here you go!

Comment

Originally posted by fordman View Post
          Here you go!

Well there ya go Dan
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Then Sonny Elliot would do the weather -
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Keener13

Comment

I knew the answer - just checking on the other Detroit area BSers. I was a Westsider (Milford, actually) and I'm not sure I ever saw the place in real life (it's on the East side for those not in the know). They must have run that jingle for 40 years.

"I was just a city boy
                Born in raised in South Detroit".

What is the other name for "South Detroit"?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  I knew the answer - just checking on the other Detroit area BSers. I was a Westsider (Milford, actually) and I'm not sure I ever saw the place in real life (it's on the East side for those not in the know). They must have run that jingle for 40 years.

"I was just a city boy
                  Born in raised in South Detroit".

What is the other name for "South Detroit"?

Dan
                  Just takin' a wild shot here . . . Pit 'o Hell?

Comment

Pavement. What do I win?

Comment

Nope. It's called "Windsor, Ontario, Canada. Look on the map!

Dan

Comment

I thought it was downriver.
                        Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

I was born in Detroit but left when I was 8. I was there last year about this time and there wasn't much left south of 8 mile.
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

That one's a great bar bet. "If you leave downtown Detroit and head due south, what's the first foreign country you come to?" The Detroit river takes a jog around downtown Detroit such that the tunnel and the Ambassador Bridge both run north (Detroit) to south (Windsor).

Yes, Greater Detroit has fallen on hard times but is coming back, at least a little. My middle brother is a huge Detroit area booster (he lives in Trenton) so he takes us on the tour when we visit.

Dan
                            Last edited by DanStokes; December 21, 2012, 07:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X