No announcement yet.

Old People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in maine the "old people" stuff starts at 35.
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by jcharliem View Post
      Some older folks are very cool. I aspire to be the "cool old guy."
      we're just "noticing" things about them like they like to point out to EVERYONE that they noticed. lol.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        X%$##Y***zx@%%$!!! you - and the horse you rode in on.

Dan

How'd I do?
        Nice try, not buying it. LOL
        I'm still learning

Comment

I dunno, my take is most people are pretty good at keeping their opinion to themselves; however, even the best people, under stress, say the darndest things - I do my best not to make the situation worse (there is no better in the situation). Seeing your spouse die, or faced with their own mortality - pretty stressful*

People who used to live across the street from me were semi retired and would make oak, roll-top desks for supplemental income. He was 360 lbs, she 90 soaking wet. The first few months I lived there, the vile things I heard from both of them at each other almost had me convinced that shots would be fired soon.....

About a year after hearing this stuff, he landed in the hospital with some kind of medical issue (not gun shot) - and I was talking to her; never have I see someone so lost without their spouse. A couple years later, it was her turn for the hospital and he was, if anything, worse off than her.... it was, to me, kind of an eye-opening moment to realize that I have little business judging how they get along (now if there was physical abuse, that'd be a different deal - but in their case, my money would be all on her).

*which reminds me of a pastor explaining that people fear public speaking more than dying - which means that they'd rather be in the casket rather than giving the eulogy.
          Last edited by SuperBuickGuy; December 24, 2012, 02:12 PM.
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I'm a little surprised nobody has mentioned old people body functions - talk about don't give a shit. Burp. Pooooooooot.
            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              Everybody's had seniors in their family get old.
              Every once in a while I read something that just cracks me up.............this is one of those.

Peewee, seniors, by definition ARE old. They don't get old somewhere along the path of senior-ness, they are seniors due to their age.

Thanks for the laugh, once again!
              Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Oh.....I don't know about that.......I'm technically a 'Senior', but I don't feel or act all that 'old'........my aunt who's 95 is 'old'!! And acts it too!
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

There's a guy that hangs around when we build derby cars.. Never goes to the derbys, just hands wrenches or runs after drinks says he is too old for that. We call him Old man.. Looks and acts it too.. One day we asked how old he was, he said OLD!.. my son said, "dad just turned 58". He hemmed and hawed.. Admitted he was born in 65.. 47 years old and looks and acts 70!

I guess age and old and senior are merely frame of mind?
                  I started acting younger after that! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                    I guess age and old and senior are merely frame of mind?
                    I started acting younger after that! LOL
                    Absolutely true.
                    I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                      Oh.....I don't know about that.......I'm technically a 'Senior', but I don't feel or act all that 'old'........my aunt who's 95 is 'old'!! And acts it too!
                      I think that they/we have been referring to those that grow up way too early...and don't have guys like "Fred" hanging around...LOL...Happy New Year Friend!!
                      Patrick & Tammy
                      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Yeah, I have to admit Fred keeps things interesting at times......
                        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

peewee:

Getting old is something that will happen to all of us at some point in out lives and yes sometimes they say things without engaging their brains some times.

I always try and have a lot of compassion for seniors because some day that I will be one of those people.

I had a good friend that I was having coffee with one day who said what day is it today and when I told him it was Thursday he looked at me and said ho no and when I asked him what was wrong he looked at me and said the following.

I have to go to the home today and visit my mother who is in her late 80's and I hate to go there.

I looked at him to told him how lucky he was to still have a mother to go visit and offer help to her.

My parents both have been died for years and I would give anything to go see them again.

Getting old is something we will all face someday. Think about that next time they say something off the cuff!!!!!!!!

Jimbo

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                            Yeah, I have to admit Fred keeps things interesting at times......
                            Sioux City beer tent rings a bell -
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Old people are interesting to me. They both irritate and intigue me.

The lack of give a shit is entertaining to me except when it is directed at me....but it's okay because I lack the give a shit most people my age should have. So it tends to get interesting. For instance (call me an ass if you want) one day I was in the commisary (base grocery store), on any given day it is old people heaven the go there to shop and to socialize. Anyway, one old bastard with a oxygen tank and his motorized scooter bumped into me...then promptly started to bitch me out THEN ran over my daughters foot....So I kicked his Lark as hard as I could and MF'd him three ways to Sunday....What makes old folks think stuff like this is okay

Then there are the elderly gym rats...they ones that roam around the locker room naked as a jay bird with their old franks and beans flopping every which way...then they want to talk to you...naked...damn man, put on a damn towel. And the sauna...forgetaboutit...naked, old balls hanging out...ugh, no shame...no shame at all....

I cant wait til its me...I am going to make soooooo many people miserable....soooo many people.
                              If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo17 View Post
                                peewee:

Getting old is something that will happen to all of us at some point in out lives and yes sometimes they say things without engaging their brains some times.

I always try and have a lot of compassion for seniors because some day that I will be one of those people.

I had a good friend that I was having coffee with one day who said what day is it today and when I told him it was Thursday he looked at me and said ho no and when I asked him what was wrong he looked at me and said the following.

I have to go to the home today and visit my mother who is in her late 80's and I hate to go there.

I looked at him to told him how lucky he was to still have a mother to go visit and offer help to her.

My parents both have been died for years and I would give anything to go see them again.

Getting old is something we will all face someday. Think about that next time they say something off the cuff!!!!!!!!

Jimbo
                                Dunno... Going to see anybody in a home is HARD!
                                You see a confused shell of a person that was.. Who is constantly angry because they are stuck " with these crazy people"
                                I'd rather go with my mind than to linger on for years not knowing anybody.
                                Mother in law, aunt and now mom is starting to show signs.. Watched grandma and grandpa waste away in homes..

Comment

Working...
                                X