1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Originally posted by Russell View Post
    If it was in NC I would be calling!

He had it at $1500, but wants to sell this weekend so "reasonable offer"

If my tablet had a right click I would have posted pics
    HOLY SHIT - look at that cage!

bet it doesn't go through the floor if it rolls.

Charles (Boooghar) is a lot closer to Spring than I am -but the no title deal is a deal breaker of a problem. There's no reason for a Texas car to not have a title (okay, there is one reason). He'd sell it yesterday if it had one.

I'm wondering about the side bars thinking... what the hell ? Why doesn't it tie into the bottom ones instead of the bent one? That'd be too much for a street car, I'd probably have to cut that out and put a regular old removable door bar in there.
    Last edited by Beagle; December 22, 2012, 07:36 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Hey Russell, you want we should go look at it for ya? I'll get in trouble if I bring it home. She says "Sure, as long as my car runs this Easy 10 you keep talking about".

Dammmmmit. Why couldn't she just sew ?

Comment

So, Beags, when you headed to NC?
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
          So, Beags, when you headed to NC?
          It's in Spring TX. About 250 miles south of me. Probably 50 north of Boooghar.

Comment

The no title is a deal breaker for me, and the fuel cost to get it from tx would be about as much as the car.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
            ​​​​​​

Comment

Ditto on the no title....and don't tell me how easy
              it is to get one.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                Ditto on the no title....and don't tell me how easy
                it is to get one.
                cut roof off, remove cage, throw body away, install in one of 20 other Fox bodies at chez Beags..... simple
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

cut roof off, remove cage, throw body away, install in one of 20 other Fox bodies at chez Beags..... simple
                  Well..........there ya go
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Or use the cowl tag and title of one of your's.... Will,way, ya know... Don't give up so easy....

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                      Or use the cowl tag and title of one of your's.... Will,way, ya know... Don't give up so easy....
                      tell the guys making the Eleanors and title washing here in Carrolton about 10 miles from me. I think they should be out of the pen by now. They take your stuff and put you in jail - sounds like a bad idea.

They VIN everything on a Mustang for this reason.

Agree with Monk - if it's so f*ing easy to get a title, how come you don't have one? I went through some nail biting with Monica's car over a signed but not transferred title. I *HATE* dealing with screwed up titles.

Comment

For some reason titles are easy here, might be due to cars being made here. As long as it isnt stolen and doesnt have some huge lien on it, it isnt a problem to get one here. You just need to find someone in Michigan.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumpin455 View Post
                          For some reason titles are easy here, might be due to cars being made here. As long as it isnt stolen and doesnt have some huge lien on it, it isnt a problem to get one here. You just need to find someone in Michigan.
                          The State Patrol does a lot of the checking here......and will go beyond cowl tag and check
                          for other markings on chassis.
                          We had one car in the area last year that was discovered stolen........like 20 years ago and was returned
                          to original owner.
                          Thom

Comment

Part of the thing Mi does is check the database for stolen vehicles, I dont know what they do if it is hot none of the ones I have gotten titles for were. That was one thing that really scared me about the 65, imagine getting it all done and getting the title done only to find out it is stolen. I would be out lots of work. I have a couple cars that the owner just never gave me the title, and a couple where my parents lost it.

My 71 Mustang doesnt have any VIN markings left on the rest of the body, they all rusted away.

Comment

NHRA and NASCAR have rules on cage design, from what I can see the cage in that car does not resemble anything close to what those organization's deem as an acceptable cage design.......
                              Last edited by TC; December 22, 2012, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X