BangShift Christmas Deco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift Christmas Deco

My considerable investment in old and odd-size tires in the yard means we can save a few bucks at the Christmas tree lot this year with a shorter tree. Total, it's still six feet high.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04462b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	879507

Saved some bucks on ornaments too, over the years. This is from '86 or so...a tribute to the '70 El Camino which we still have...made from cardboard, glue and model-car paint.

Name:	DSC04465.jpg
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	879508

Name:	DSC04464.jpg
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	879509

Most excellent. I'm loving it!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Very creative... but why is there a banana in your tree?

www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlockMopar View Post
        Very creative... but why is there a banana in your tree?

My fault! For years I collected one-of-a-kind ornaments but they had to be those glass kind. This year as my daughter and I pulled them out of the box her comment was "Mom, we have the wierdest ornaments of anybody I know" Ah~ My work here is done. Mission accomplished.

That cardboard El Camino Loren made for a Christmas Party we had back in the '80s. We had an ornament contest and you had to make something yourself. The winner was a "star" made out of fuses a jingle bell and lots of glitter (mmm love glitter). It has long since fallen apart as the hot glue let go over the years, but the El Camino always receives a place of honor...Lovin my creative husband!
        Last edited by LORENSWIFE; December 23, 2012, 08:16 AM.
        That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
          My fault! For years I collected one-of-a-kind ornaments but they had to be those glass kind. This year as my daughter and I pulled them out of the box her comment was "Mom, we have the wierdest ornaments of anybody I know" Ah~ My work here is done. Mission accomplished.
          I was waiting for that. I almost answered the question myself, "Because Gail lives there."

Comment

And now for something completely different

We took to the hills of Wales armed to the teeth with sheep, LEDs and a camera, to create a huge amazing LED display. Of sorts. For more info search for sams...
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
              And now for something completely different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9...ature=youtu.be
              That was fantastic!

And being from the Deep South, with the stereotypes and all, I've gotta say, those are some mighty good-looking sheep!

Comment

Here's a little Christmas card that should be B/S approved:

Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
                  Here's a little Christmas card that should be B/S approved:

Wow, that's GREAT! Thanks for sharing that Ed! That's just nothing but fun.

Wonder what the fixation was on Richard Petty? I guess that rhymes with other stuff easily...

Comment

Name:	049.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	865843 When my shop was built I had a Bowtie put in the brick. Merry Christmas to all. Walt

Comment

Ive got a GTO and a Toronado and a 49 Caddy and a 69 Hurst Olds on my tree. When friends look at it the wives look at my wife and say "figures",well too bad! I really like the Cardboard Elcamino, really neat!

Comment

Working...
                      X