V8 Volvo Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 Volvo Wagon

A couple of days ago one of our new guys (sorry, I didn't retain your name but I have Oldtimer's) was discussing his passion for Volvos and I mentioned my buddy Dick's beautiful SBF/Volvo wagon. He was tied up at work (he's a corporate lawyer and they send him all over the world) so he just now had a chance to get back to me. Anyhow, here's the pics - hope you like 'em.

Dan
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DanStokes; December 23, 2012, 06:41 AM.

Definitely looks like it belongs there...Clean swap!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

One more pic I couldn't get to post up in the first post -

This is weird. The front view of the car WILL NOT post up! The extension is the same as all the rest of the pics except for it's number. No clue. Guess you'll have to believe me that the car DOES have a front!

The swap is lovely. It was done professionally by a guy in New England (maybe Vermont or New Hampshire?) and he's done a bunch of them.

Dick is no mechanic but has an appreciation for nice machinery. His BMW bike is lovely. Used to have 2 of 'em but killed one (and almost himself) last year when he took a nasty tumble on a road run - similar to Tail of the Dragon but in Georgia IIRC. Anyhow, he's a great guy and I'm trying to get him to an LSR meet.

Dan

Comment

I am always daydreaming about one of these. Mine has an LS V8 and six speed. And a 2 door conversion from a sedan of the same vintage.

That one is awesome.
        1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          One more pic I couldn't get to post up in the first post -
          Check the file size Dan, if it's over 1.5 or so Mb then it might not upload.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Wow......that 5.0 looks right at home
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              Check the file size Dan, if it's over 1.5 or so Mb then it might not upload.
              I'll take a look but I don't think so. It's the same set of pics as the ones that I posted. Mystery.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                Wow......that 5.0 looks right at home
                that is a nice setup. That chassis could actually snap an old draft and like it. The injection motor will stay friendly a long time there.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

What is the right forum for Volvo V8 swaps? There seem to be several...
                  1967 Chevelle 300 2 Door Post. No factory options. 250 ci inline six with lump-ported head, big valves, Offy intake and 500cfm Edelbrock carb.

Comment

That looks like a interresting Volvo for a change...!
                    Dan, please talk this guy into a 6" lowering kit. At least.
                    www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

I like it! I want it! Oh wait. Fud! Guess I need something new to do...

Comment

BBM - Probably not going to happen. It's sort of a toy car for him, not his DD and it doesn't come out of the garage very often. He did, however, drive it today. I think my pic inquiry sparked his interest. Was his DD for years until he wore out the Volvo engine and had the SBF put in it.

Dick told me today that he and the installer had to go to plan B on the driveshaft. The original 2-piece had a habit of exiting the car so they went to a one piece unit out of (IIRC) a Mercury. Works fine now.

Dan
                        Last edited by DanStokes; December 23, 2012, 02:13 PM.

Comment

me likey !
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            BBM - Probably not going to happen. It's sort of a toy car for him, not his DD and it doesn't come out of the garage very often. He did, however, drive it today. I think my pic inquiry sparked his interest. Was his DD or years until he wore out the Volvo engine and had the SBF put in it.

Dick told me today that he and the installer had to go to plan B on the driveshaft. The original 2-piece had a habit of exiting the car so they went to a one piece unit out of (IIRC) a Mercury. Works fine now.

Dan
                            Rear end a Ford or stocker?
                            Always wanted to do this..

Comment

Nice car,but i have had the pleasure to drive several of these conversions..and my experiences said that the engine belongs in the car they came from..but thats me

Comment

Working...
                              X