X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
    Rear end a Ford or stocker?
    Always wanted to do this..
    Rear is Volvo and seems to hold up well. He's never raced it but does stomp on it around town with no ill effects. No idea if it's a ZF or some such from the factory.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
      Nice car,but i have had the pleasure to drive several of these conversions..and my experiences said that the engine belongs in the car they came from..but thats me
      Never driven Dick's but we have gone crusin'. Does great - smooth, nice grumble, AC works, no rattles - I'd love to own it. I think the Ford is very happy in it's Swedish surroundings.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        Never driven Dick's but we have gone crusin'. Does great - smooth, nice grumble, AC works, no rattles - I'd love to own it. I think the Ford is very happy in it's Swedish surroundings.

Dan
        Yep..nice sound and all,but for us over here a Volvo is a Volvo..Swedish,and well built..but still a Volvo..it cant replace a Caprice wagon..but thats over here,and you will find lots of guys that has other opinions.V8 power gives swedish steel torque and sound.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          I think the Ford is very happy in it's Swedish surroundings.

That engine must find it very welcome to have something decent surrounding it for a change.... ... Oh wait, wrong topic...
          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by 67pete300 View Post
            What is the right forum for Volvo V8 swaps? There seem to be several...
            I don't know if they have a Volvo forum but they have been doing these swaps since the 80's.
            I got my S-10 v8 swap books from there & I can tell you Mike Knell is a stand up guy.

V8 Swaps that work. Conversion Manuals and parts for V8 S10, Datzun Z V8, Datsun ZX, Jaguar V8, Astro Van V8, Chevy TPI & TBI, Chevy Colorado, Volvo 200 & 700.

Comment

Looks clean! Never been a fan of those Voxx wheels though...

I am always daydreaming about one of these. Mine has an LS V8 and six speed. And a 2 door conversion from a sedan of the same vintage.

That one is awesome.
              I like the way you think on the LS/T56 front.

You'll probably do best at www.turbobricks.com. It's pretty much the main drag for RWD Volvo hot-rodding.

Comment

Do a search for Michael Yount and Volvo - might not be the best source for LS powered though. A 302 falls in there like it's factory from what I hear.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=michael...=0-16&sp=-1&sk=

he's prolific... there are several sites returned by that search.
                Last edited by Beagle; December 25, 2012, 05:57 AM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

That's nice! I'm assuming an AOD?
                  Tom
                  Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    That's nice! I'm assuming an AOD?
                    Wrongo! T5. Yep, it has a man pedal. All the driveline was from a donor Mustang GT but I don't know what year.

Dan

Comment

Google volvette if you want to see an ls transplant .Looks like it should be there.

Comment

This one belongs to a friend of a friend. Total low buck install. Car cost $700, one owner, originally diesel power, owner pulled engine and replaced it with a crate TPI 305 within a year of purchase. Diesel makes it emissions exempt in Cali. Wheels are junkyard items that were sanded and painted. 5.3 LS with cam and tune and nothing else.

BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

WIN! Huge buckets of WIN! Ran off and hid from him. BUAHAHHAHHHAAALHAHHHA.. cough. Awesome.

If that doesn't qualify for Q-Ship, I don't know what does. Oh, by the way, somebody owes me a keyboard for all the coffee that came out of my nose. I laughed, I cried, it was better than Cats!
                            Last edited by Beagle; December 26, 2012, 06:01 AM.
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

i would love to see the volvette at bonneville
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Dick is interested in adding a crate engine to the mix. He'd like around 350ish. HP and I'm suggesting he retain the EFI. One possibility is the Pro-Form (IIRC) from New Jersey. Any input? Which crate builders do a good job, stand behind their stuff, etc.

Dan
                                Last edited by DanStokes; December 27, 2012, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X