No announcement yet.

V8 Volvo Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Show him this list of 50 drag cars with stock short blocks. I bet a most of them are making 350+ I would rather say a "built" it than its a "crate"

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
      Wondering that myself...
      Simple hopups should make more sense than a whole motor!
      My guess is that he heard about this swap and that someone was doing them and he thought that it would be cool to have a non-stock Volvo. It IS a way cool car and the swap was excellent. I'll wager he spent WAY more than a rebuilt engine would have cost but having something special was what he was after and he got it.

Russell - you and I will have to help him see the light. If he can't imagine bolting on a water pump he sure can't imagine modifying the engine that's in there. I'm thinking a Trick Flow kit would get the job done nicely.

Dan

Comment

I used the block and heads that came in my flat bed.. Factory rated at 160 hp!
        Added wolverine/Blue Racer RV-2 cam, lifters and springs.. Lapped the valves while heads were off.
        Performer intake, Holley 600 cfm carb
        Headers and cherry bombs..
        Empty that thing was a blast to drive, terrorized a BMW that was playing in the twisties..
        Loaded down it worked!

Going off the results I got, simple hop ups like that for the Folfo should wake itup plenty good!
        Don't know what he has for induction, even if it is injected, a good intake will do some good, add aluminum heads and the flow they have plus the weight savings then an active cam, should be more than enough to make his pants dark in a spot men do not like.

Comment

Tell him the H/C/I come in a crate! Its not hard tell him its like making a cake from a box just follow the instructions!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
          X