Go on a ride with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go on a ride with me

Last edited by LORENSWIFE; December 23, 2012, 06:24 PM.
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

1. Gosh whatta voice, like no other. Huge, makes my bones rattle.

2. Whatta waste. Why do people with extraordinary talent self-destruct so often?
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I really have no idea about him except he wrote and sang the song about the Edmond Fitzgerald. Seems he's still alive even after a hoax about him being dead over the radio. That's what wiki says any way. Maybe I need filled in.
      Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Folks, when I hit that link the first time it took me to Whitney Houston, "I Will Always Love You."

What the....Now it's Gordon Lightfoot.... What thu...

Comment

that whole genre is missing...like new piano solos, or anything original.

sea going songs or something, I never did figure out what genre that is.

Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 23, 2012, 07:44 PM.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
            that whole genre is missing...like new piano solos, or anything original.

sea going songs or something, I never did figure out what genre that is.
            It's back when music was happening. Stories set to music. I'm not sure the genre is very name-able.

At any rate, music died when Duane Allman did. Nothing after that has since mattered. Blather. Even the Allman Brothers Band died when Duane did. Dickie Betts turned it into a country band.

Comment

Along the same lines, Harry Chapin's, 30,000 Pounds of Bananas. What a great song.

Comment

Comment

He is among the last of what I consider to be the real 'troubadors', or 'minstrel men'. He put life to music, and in a way that everyone could understand, if not relate to.......he and James Taylor, Neil Diamond, a few others..........I've been a fan since the early 70s.
                  Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 23, 2012, 08:35 PM.
                  Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                  HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                  X