Advice needed: Manners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed: Manners

Hypothetically speaking, say my wife had a subject today go out and lay a trail for her..... now, mind you, hypothetically speaking, if she were to have misplaced this subject - would it be poor form to call the husband and children of this mom the day before Christmas and leave a message on their answering machine that the mom has been misplaced?

I say it's poor manners, my wife asserts that it's just fine because there's, really, no good way of telling them their mommy is gone...
    what say you?
    Doing it all wrong since 1966

Sure like to know WTH you're talking about.
    Can you be more specific?
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Mom went out the door singing 'I gotta be me'?

If so that'd be a tough call..........then you get
      into 'how long do you know about it?'
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Sounds like a really tough situation. Good manners really are about being as kind as possible in any situation - not always easy to do.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
          Sounds like a really tough situation. Good manners really are about being as kind as possible in any situation - not always easy to do.

Dan

kinda like not being a total d-bag if someone opens their car door into your hummer? lol
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Yeah, I think I would have to talk to the dad personally. On the phone or face to face. Hope it all turns out o.k.Hope mommy can come back on her own.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

More clarification is needed. i guess i'm just slow.

are the supposers correct in the assumption of a runaway? If so why is it neccessary to even be involved, unless the mommy that went missing asked you to be involved..... of course..... i am assuming most of what i don't know. bizzare.
              Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Need more info ....

Just MIA?....Tact is your friend.

MIA because she wants to be?.....just tell them but be polite.

KIA? ..... Straight and to the point, be respectful.

And when dealing with these types of situations, I have found it's extremely disrespectful to leave a message, let alone do it over the phone ..... always make the notification in person.
                Last edited by Bamfster; December 24, 2012, 08:21 AM.
                Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

if she bailed on her family on Christmas like my first wife did me? I'd charge a fortune to deliver that message, or I'd stay out of it completely. Manners says let the lady tell her own tale.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

If she's missing I'd worry about an alibi and accounting for you whereabouts before manners. You can never be too careful.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

good gravy.... it's a joke

sheesh
                      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

THAT'S a relief! I thought it was something you had been charged with doing in your professional role - which would suck.

Dan

Comment

I misunderstood the original post.

thought of a snow shovel for some reason.

she misplaced the snow shovel..and now is missing.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Guess the word hypothetically is not understood...

Like BAMF says.. In person, face to face if she fell off making a practice sniff trail
                            Nothing if she is trying to get away from an abusive situation
                            But then how do you know she isn't done and home sipping coffee..

Suppose it depends on actuallity rather than hypothetically ........

Comment

I was thinking wood chippers on the shore of a frozen lake combined with the Grizwolds and a lawyer that drives a Hummer.

Comment

Working...
                              X