Project creep ... throttling the desire for more throttle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project creep ... throttling the desire for more throttle

So apparently Monica wasn't as impressed with a new set of cylinder heads as I thought she would be. It's a good thing I buy her random shiney junk as a savings account for those moments when I would otherwise be in the doghouse. It's hailing and cold today, and I think the doghouse leaks.

Anyway, I am all butthurt that she wasn't impressed with the shiney heads. I even put a drop dead date on installation and running right, or I'll drop the car off at HPM (local guys) and pay them to finish it for her. Anyway, she's not as excited as I thought she might be (that it would be finished one way or the other) and now I'm thinking well scruuuuu her, I'm taking my heads back and hiding in the garage. (translation, I'll be buying something else for her and printing a gift receipt and trying to be sly and hide it under the tree and then go "What's this?" later tonight like the Dad does in Christmas story, and then saying "well this didn't show up on time, Santa must not have been able to fit it in the sleigh")

And this is how it starts. You can't put great breathing heads on an engine and choke it down with a long runner truck manifold (Cobra, 15" runner length) so might as well put the Funnel Web on it, but it needs bungs welded in and a big 4bbl throttle body and now the injectors border on too small and it's an MAF car so would need a bigger MAF tuned for the bigger injectors now and... and... and...

somebody shoot me.
    Last edited by Beagle; December 25, 2012, 06:57 AM.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Sit down and take a deep breath. Everything seems perfectly normal to me. Some hugs and kisses and reassurance that she's almost as important as the car and she might even get on board.

In the immortal words of Red Green -
    "We're all pullin' for ya"

Dan

Comment

Chicks getting car parts for CHRISTmas ...... It never worked for me either Beags.
      Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em..........uh, women not the heads.

Take Dan's advice and put a little Wild Turkey in her eggnog.
        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

It's kind of a joke - I don't Christmas shop, she knows it. I try not to be a dink about it, but to me it's a manufactured Roman holiday that combines winter solstice festival with another religion's important date. I also think the more signifant and likewise manufactured date to celebrate is Easter. Nevermind... I don't wanna get this thread locked. I love Christmas for being around family and stuff..So, anyway...

At least once a year I buy something shiney and expensive for her just because... I'm doing the next best thing, hanging out in the kitchen with her not being a pain in the ass. She's happy I guess, hell, who knows with womenz. I got her a new softside waterbed, she told me that is what she wanted for Christmas, sooo... being a little smarter, I went ahead and got her what she asked for. Hopefully she doesn't have it delivered to another address... HA!

My reality here is that I'm more worried about getting sidetracked on my car and stealing her heads. lol. All I need to do is some cleaning, ring changing, and reassembly... if I steal her junk, it'll be in garage hell with TC's Camaro until the end of time!!!
          Last edited by Beagle; December 25, 2012, 08:52 AM.

Comment

hot rodding is a lonely business

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan View Post
              hot rodding is a lonely business
              Look, a wise man appeared on Christmas day

I tried running the "I'll have someone finish the spider" past my wife.... it didn't get past her.
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

I don't know about the Funnel Web. Just port the lower if you want shorter runner just put a bread box on it. Its a mustang, buy an "R" type intake if you want to spin it to the moon. There is no reason to reinvent the wheel, round works the best
                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

Hey, at least you didn't buy her a vacuum for Christmas. I'm not married, but I know not to do that.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

for the love of all that's good and mighty Beags - KISS and FOCUS

Tell Monica we'll all smack ya around a little at DW for making that purchasing mistake.... ;-)
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Put the heads on, heads are good, I ride in/drive a car near every day, full weight 89 gt t5, bone stock bottom end never been apart 302, 195cc 2.02 1.60 , tfs stage 1, box stock cobra intake, not even gasket matched, not tuned. 430 gears. Itruned broadside on fllat ground at 70 on street tires, runs high 11s .

Its get dogged on everyday, is full weight, drove everywhere, simple, fast. Thats what is good about a foxbody, you dont have to change every part to go fast. Admittedly I see alot of people have efi problems with these cars, put it together and try.
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Hey, at least you didn't buy her a vacuum for Christmas. I'm not married, but I know not to do that.
                        Funny you should say that - a vacuum was the first thing I bought her. HAHAHAHAHA... and she was HAPPY about it. Maybe I'll give her some other part of the house. I gave her a bedroom and the kitchen and the bathrooms, she can do whatever she wants with them. I suppose I should give her the office and let her open the 4 foot stack of mail. Damn, I just gave her a house at location X, what does this woman think I'm made of money? Pfffft. J/k. She's sweet as hell, I'd give her anything she asked for.

Ironically, dad and I just made ourselves man-useful by pulling a solid two inch chunk of crap out of the vacuum cleaner tube, I bet it sucks the nap off the carpet now! I suspect it has been a few months since that vacuum worked. Hmmmm. Bet she is happy - it really is the little things. hehe.

The reason I was saying Funnel web is there isn't much point in using high flowing heads on a 302 unless you are going to let it rev and the Cobra is not the kind of manifold best suited for that task.
                        Last edited by Beagle; December 26, 2012, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X