My Christmas Present......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Christmas Present......

Christmas to me lately has been more about the kids and not really me, I'm the type of person that just buys what I want when I want it, so that makes Christmas shopping for me kind of hard since I have mostly everything I want and what I do want is big money, and the fact is I'd rather spend that money on the wife and kids, than on myself....... Though this Christmas has turned out to be a little different, I talked with my buddy from New Jersey today to find out that he has been living in his car and is now homeless and it seems most of his friends back there have given him the cold shoulder and he has no place to go, he's still scrapping and working, but just not making enough money to pay for a place to stay......... On the way to my Parents today I got a text and my wife looked at it and saw the messages I had going with my friend, we talked about it a bit and that is when we decided to help him out more than we already had.... I sent him a message telling him to get his stuff together and get his ass back to Phoenix, where I told him I'd help him get back on his feet...... Though I don't give to many Christmas Presents to my friends, this year I'm giving one of my oldest friends the present at a chance at a new life.... Which in turn is one of the best Christmas presents I could have ever gotten...... Merry Christmas everyone!!!...
    Last edited by TC; December 25, 2012, 06:38 PM.

Good for you,thats what we are supposed to do,when we have friends in need we are supposed to help them.

Comment

Originally posted by TC View Post
      Christmas to me lately has been more about the kids and not really me, I'm the type of person that just buys what I want when I want it, so that makes Christmas shopping for me kind of hard since I have mostly everything I want and what I do want is big money, and the fact is I'd rather spend that money on the wife and kids, than on myself....... Though this Christmas has turned out to be a little different, I talked with my buddy from New Jersey today to find out that he has been living in his car and is now homeless and it seems most of his friends back there have given him the cold shoulder and he has no place to go, he's still scrapping and working, but just not making enough money to pay for a place to stay......... On the way to my Parents today I got a text and my wife looked at it and saw the messages I had going with my friend, we talked about it a bit and that is when we decided to help him out more than we already had.... I sent him a message telling him to get his stuff together and get his ass back to Phoenix, where I told him I'd help him get back on his feet...... Though I don't give to many Christmas Presents to my friends, this year I'm giving one of my oldest friends the present at a chance at a new life.... Which in turn is one of the best Christmas presents I could have ever gotten...... Merry Christmas everyone!!!...
      My father was always a kind of black/white kind of guy. His definition of a friend was the person who walks in the door when everyone else walks out. Everyone else is just an aqauintence. Sounds like he found out who is real friend is in this world. Good on you, TC.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Man you are a true friend! Wish I lived by you man I would buy you a beer someday.

Comment

That's great TC.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Nice job Alex!
            I R Bob
            You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
            2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Atta boy, Alex! You have officially moved up about 100 feet in my estimation. Let's hope your buddy can turn this into a huge WIN!!!

Dan

Comment

truly another example of how it is better to give than to receive...cudos my friend...
                Patrick & Tammy
                - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

TC, that's truly admirable.

If only the rest of the country (ESPECIALLY NJ!!) were like that...
                  Yes, I'm a CarJunkie... How many times would YOU rebuild the same engine before getting a crate motor?

Comment

Working...
                  X