Snow Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snow Zone

Started snowing at 7:00 am. 10:00 a.m. 8" and blowing.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Looks like it's coming my way.
    I R Bob
    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
      Looks like it's coming my way.
      Yup, it's coming our way, I'm sure Neil's thrilled about this too.

Comment

You kids have fun! I'm staying right here - though it IS raining off and on today but 70 degrees.

Dan

Comment

Work has told us we can leave if we want without losing holiday pay....as long as we make it up by midnight sat. I took off this noting with the wife' s all wheel drive Bravada. I'm staying for over time pay.
          Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

24F out there today, overcast, but it looks dark to the west, might be getting more white stuff. Not a big thing, everyone up here is used to lots of snow. Would be nice if the house would warm up though.

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454 View Post
              Yup, it's coming our way, I'm sure Neil's thrilled about this too.
              Yep, had to run to Giant Eagle to get yeast to make homemade pizza dough (and some beer.) .. Thought it was Dec 21st and the world was ending.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

It started snowing about an hour ago. If this is a blizzard, I'm unimpressed.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                  It started snowing about an hour ago. If this is a blizzard, I'm unimpressed.
                  It's snowing steady here in the Perry/Madison area.
                  It's dusty light snow with wind & decreased visibility.

Comment

hang in there folks...we got it last week...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Here is what i looks like at 2 pm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0232.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	865922
                      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

7 to 11 inches forecast for bangor maine..
                        no biggie, classic path.
                        I live for these first storms. when it crosses the 8 foot mark in the city by february..it does get a bit annoying. No more shoveling snow in the tiny spot allowed for it in front of the car...one has to throw it back in the street.

kinda like ancient over run sewage plans.

for now, am liking the storm coming.
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Coming down fast here, but no wind. Left work early today, boss took a half day and it's snowing bad, so why not. On the way home I ended up pulling some girl off to the side of the highway with my Stratus, she was in a Miata. Not sure what she ended up doing, trying to drive again, waiting for a plow, or calling AAA. A mile or two, maybe three, but that's pushing it, I got off the highway, ramps not plowed at all (as a few other roads, but it's the middle of the storm and I don't mind), there's a newer Malibu sideways at the bottom of the ramp. Looked like they tried turning left, then decided to go right. I get to the bottom, see they're stuck, go to offer to push them out. The woman looks really familiar, like I've seen her a few times before. Give her a push with her spinning the tires, but she gets moving. Finally get home and figure out what area of the plant she works in (same one I do). The Stratus did great today, I started off wishing I had snow tires, but by the time I got home realized I had better traction than half the people out there. Felt good helping people, especially after everyone else, including a pickup, drove around the Miata. A tanker did stop in the right lane and wait until we were clear of the road to move instead of going around in the left lane, so that was cool.

Comment

Good for you, moparmaniac! ..
                            Truck was keeping y'all from getting plowed by some idiot wanting to get home!
                            Snow tires HELP. But the thing between your ears is best!

Comment

its kinda cold here, i left a bottle of water outside and i fergot about it, i went back for it and the water was really cold in it but i still drank it
                              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Working...
                              X