Snow Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
    its kinda cold here, i left a bottle of water outside and i fergot about it, i went back for it and the water was really cold in it but i still drank it
    If you were wearing thermal glasses, you'd be able to see it was too cold....

Comment

Got about 4 inches of the S*#t out there right now. Fu&# !

Comment

Embarrassed to say, I probably wouldn't have stopped if the truck wasn't stopped already and a car a few cars in front of me already stopped in the left lane (the Miata was sideways in the middle of both lanes when they stopped). After a couple of seconds waiting there though, and seeing the truck drive around, I figured screw it, somebody's gotta help or we ain't going anywhere. After I pulled off to help, the first car that stopped and held up traffic pulled over too and got out to help, but they came out with an ice scraper suggesting to scrape in front of the tires. Not going to do a damn thing, but at least they tried.

Edit: At first I thought somebody that was stopped was pushing, but it quickly became clear that wasn't the case. So I tried to push, but my work boots are made for indoor environments, so I got as much traction as the miata did. With the Malibu, there was some hard packed snow I could dig my feet into and push off of at least.
        Last edited by moparmaniac07; December 26, 2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Well that was a lame ass storm. I made chili and everything.
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

It was kind of fun. Wife had me get pizza and pop on the way home on the way home. Checked on mom, the came across the blown over county roads. Bravada did great. The all-wheel drive was worth the purchase last summer but I think I like a 2 speed part time transfer case better.
            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

The Sierra Mtns in Northern Cali got creamed with more than 6 feet of snow. The ski resorts are mobbed.
              BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                The Sierra Mtns in Northern Cali got creamed with more than 6 feet of snow. The ski resorts are mobbed.
                I'd love to just see that sometime. warm air and snow at the same time.

snowing sideways right now, double pane modern windows still whistle..just a slightly different tune than the old colonials that hung on for 3 hundred years. shows what science knows.

Am loving this storm..something very nasty erupted from the south to spew all over this cold place in recent months. The snow is like sandpaper scrubbing things off.

they get real tight and become hit or miss...I keep an eye on the radar looking for the heavy squall. Seems we will get one or two in this storm.
                Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 27, 2012, 11:32 AM.
                Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Barry, you will love watching the snow bunnies!
                  Bikini clad skiers are a paradox... But very enjoyable to watch...

Comment

Wow..we got 4 inches of snow here now today..the winters arent what they used to be..4 inches of snow in the arctic this time of the year..

Comment

We ended up with a foot in Upstate N.Y.
                      OK, except for the 3 hrs clearing the driveway.
                      Glad I took the week off.
                      sigpicJohn Castelli
                      www.gonecruisincarclub.com

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main View Post
                        I'd love to just see that sometime. warm air and snow at the same time.

snowing sideways right now, double pane modern windows still whistle..just a slightly different tune than the old colonials that hung on for 3 hundred years. shows what science knows.

Am loving this storm..something very nasty erupted from the south to spew all over this cold place in recent months. The snow is like sandpaper scrubbing things off.

they get real tight and become hit or miss...I keep an eye on the radar looking for the heavy squall. Seems we will get one or two in this storm.
                        Lots and lots of rain in the lower elevations. Higher you go, colder it gets, turns to snow. Lake Tahoe is above 6000 ft. It snowed 90 minutes from where I am sitting in Big Bear, Bearphoto's, neighborhood. We were clear enough to today to see Mt Baldy covered in snow.
                        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Total depth of snow so far here in Windsor NY=unknown. It's been snowing here since Thursday and not lettinh up much.

Forecast today had called for 1-2" but, so far 6" have fallen. Wish I still had a snowmobile : (

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06788.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	164.1 KB
ID:	865978
                          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Had 2 inches over night. Just enough to " freshen" the roads up. The wifes truck ( 97 bravada ) is such a blast. Am currently looking for one needing motor and or tranny work to put a SBC in. No hurry as the garage is cold. And I hate being cold.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Forecast called for "snow showers" last night into today. Wound up with about 7 inches of the real thing.
                              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                              X