What are you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you?

Been thinking about my blood lines lately. This time of year I often find myself wishing my family would have been more interested in passing down traditions and languages to the young ones.

What I know is I am part Irish (maternal g-ma), Polish/Russian (maternal g-pa) Slovak (paternal g-pa) and a little Polish/Slovak (paternal g-pa)

My uncle discovered that my dads mothers mother and my moms fathers father were from villages less than 40 miles apart. Back then the would have never know eachother but it is interesting to me anyway. My moms fathers father immigrated from Poland to the USA (Loggstown Pennsylvania) on foot mostly except for the oceanic crossing when he was just 14...14! wild.

They spoke Russian and some slavic jibber jabber that for some reason, they just did not want to teach the kids.

so what are you? Mutt? Hienz 57? somthing a little more worldly?
    If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

English mostly on both sides. 1/16 cherokee got that from my paternal g-ma. Looking at me you'd never know it. My dad tanned super well with no effort. from the house to the car from the car to the factory would do it . I'm lucky with my what I speak to be recognized as english. I write better than I talk. I work on it though. Alot to over come with all known reative except two being from eastern ....ah well we'll say Appalachia.
    Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Purebred WASP. Mom's family was all English by way of Canada, both sides, Dad's grandparents were fresh off the boat from Germany, both sides. 50/50 split German and English.

Dan

Comment

mainly western euopean(German, French, Scotch and Irish) married Tammy (All the above plus Mexican(definitely a plus)) So, I tell Sean(AMeanXtreme) rhat his family has been kicked out of every respectful country in Europe AND Mexico to boot!!!
        Patrick & Tammy
        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

My father's background was Scottish / English going back a few generations, and my mother was born in Jamaica ... but her family background is French, so I just look like a regular WASP dude.

cheers
          Ed
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Im Italian,first generation in the US on my dads side. I can trace our family back a really long time in my dads town in Sicily and still have lots of close family there. My moms family was from Naples and I can go back pretty far with them too,there is a picture in the Ellis Island museum of my maternal great grandmother with my great uncles and aunt (which I knew all of very well and was very close to) when they first got here.

Comment

Lotsa Irish with a splash of French and German.
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                Lotsa Irish with a splash of French and German.
                white bread...lol!
                If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Dutch, Scots/Irish, Swedish, Cajun
                  "First I believe if you keep the RPM's high enough, ANYTHING is possible." PeeWee

Comment

50% swedish and 50% german. 100% american.
                    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

My mother and father are both irish.
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Einhundert Prozent in Deutschland.

Third generation born in the states, my grandpa was born in the house he, my father and I grew up in back in 1910. My entire family tree goes back to Dresden and some nearby small towns. Our last name is everywhere over there.

Comment

I'm a mutt..
                          until challenged.

reeling in a thousand years of god sized kingly grandpas and..
                          oh wait, thats a delusion.
                          figuring out genealogy after the net.. I am surprised we did not got farther north to an even more desolation. No country but a gov't written history has my name correct. Irish thought it was a king..going back more than a 1000 years. I still think its russian fisherman that got lost.

history is fun..the first cultural meetings. I am simply american, easier to say..

about the same as brian..and a mystery northern thread...
                          too old to know apparently.
                          Previously boxer3main
                          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

50% Viking (Father's Side)
                            50% Vatican Guard (Mothers Side)

Comment

English and Irish, traced back to the Early 1200's in Goudhurst, Kent England. Steven and Ursula Streeter Migrated to the New World in the late 1600's to the Northeast Around the Hudson Valley of now New York. Moms side of the Family Migrated from Ireland to the ST Louis Area in the 1800's. Can Proudly claim that there has been a Gun toating Streeter in every War or Conflict this Nation has been in. From the youngest Private/Sailor to the Joint Cheif of Staff, 14 Generations have Served. God Bless America.

Comment

Working...
                              X