No announcement yet.

Where can I find a cheap one of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find a cheap one of these?

It's for measuring wheel width with a tire mounted. I might use it once every 5 years (and i haven't worked in 5 weeks), so I can't see spending much on it. It'd actually be more of a luxury than a necessity. Thanks

Last edited by groucho; December 29, 2012, 01:52 PM.
    STUGOTS

steal one from a tire store?

Get the best deals for BALANCER RIM WIDTH at eBay.com. We have a great online selection at the lowest prices with Fast & Free shipping on many items!
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

one came with our wheel balancer..id look on ebay....hunter was the brand...

Comment

Could make one rather easily...
        Mark a place with the widths... Or use a pencil and return it to the mark, measure the gap..

Comment

ya , the new machines have built in guidance for rim width

Comment

Looks like a simple design to make yourself.
            I think you could get it done with some fuelline and a tubingbender aswell.
            Attached Files
            www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
              Could make one rather easily...
              Mark a place with the widths... Or use a pencil and return it to the mark, measure the gap..
              for the 40 bucks they get..
              I'd be making my own.

those come in handy for alloys that say 6 inch width but are fat overall to sustain strength. Steel is also fatter than the advertised measure..but alloys are dramatic in comparison.

my 15x6 alloy are 8 inches wide in real measure outside beads.

a way to test strength. Alot of wheels like HRE etc, playing with alloys making skimpy little designs..one could chuck them if they are not alot wider than the stamped measure. Prove weak and idiots with a crc machine.

the funniest thing I saw from the past couple years is that big muscle guy (mike musto) shattering the modern pansies on his dodge charger. Subarus do the same thing.
              Last edited by Barry Donovan; December 30, 2012, 02:19 PM.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
              X