Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Side pipes.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by tedly; December 29, 2012, 10:26 PM.
    I'm probably wrong

Comment

Originally posted by tedly View Post
      Side pipes.
      GAWD NO!!! You are now banned from inputting info! Side pipes on a Caprice... Oh the humanity!

Comment

i vote for used NASCAR exhaust

Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

I like the Mopar exhaust, too.

It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Gotta watch having the exhausts exiting too far from
            back bumper........will look like wheel barrow handles.
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Brian,for what its worth I have mine on my 77 Monte like Scotts Caprice. I had a shop do them and they look good,I dont like to see too much of them.

Comment

MP&C posted a pic of exactly what I like, although I was pleased with behind the wheel on both sides in an old MC I had. I don't like to see the pipes... I was gonna suggest a wide 180* and you can cut to whatever you want pretty much. I would not dump them under the car at any location for any reason knowing there will be kids in the back seat... just a personal thing. I'm not fond of the floorboards becoming a resonating board either, so out the sides or out the back for me.

I used to like the MC SS / Fox LX Mustang duals, but I got over that. Too many 3" to 3.5" boom tubes down here I suppose. If I have to see the pipe though, I want it to be stainless.

Here's a question - why do the Volvo and Mercedes put a right angle and extra couple of feet of pipe on their muffler setups right at the back bumper?
                Last edited by Beagle; December 30, 2012, 07:58 AM.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Beags that is likely a distance from the fuel filler issue. Notice all factory side exit exhaust on trucks is opposite the fuel fill side.
                  There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Heres what did earlier this summer..3 inch pipes,and over the tear axle..its a pain and alot of welding and cutting to get there..but i guess you will have a muffler shop takin care of yours..

Comment

I like what Blazerteam did... You could also do a more stock looking setup where the tailpipe mimics the tail pipe from a stock B-Body. With the angle cut tailpipes, let and right...

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post

LMAO, I've got one of those sitting in the garage, waiting to go on the SVO.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

While the Nascar exhaust is cool... it really limits ground clearance... I like Blazerteams look...
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerteam View Post
                            Heres what did earlier this summer..3 inch pipes,and over the tear axle..its a pain and alot of welding and cutting to get there..but i guess you will have a muffler shop takin care of yours..

Looks a lot like my set up.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Run full length exhaust it will be quieter, I like out the back or in front of the rear tire, but never turn downs under the car... I also don't like exhaust tips that stick out from the body of the car or ones that hang to low, keep them in line with the body and tuck them up close or out of sight like the one guy did in one of the previous posts that I really liked.... The best exhaust tips are the one's you don't see........

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                                Extra bonuspoints for reshaping the driveshaft that same way...
                                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X