No announcement yet.

Opinions (un)welcome -- Buford tail pipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by oldsman496; January 4, 2013, 07:07 PM.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

^^ Dat's the one!
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Here's the vid. Sorry I took so long to get it up here. Youtube took forever to upload it (something to do with resolution and screen size, I don't know), so I went for Friday dinner with some of my fellow car club members at the truck stop. Just got home.

Its not perfect, its not pretty, yes there are things that are probably not right and/or could have been done differently, but I'm learning as I go. If it breaks, I try to fix it. If I'm unsure, I ask advice and help from my friends. I'm still young and dumb, but hope someday to be able to turn it into the quality ride I picture in my mind.
        Last edited by Leadsledcaprice; January 4, 2013, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Dude, that car is coolness!!! Thanks for the video!!!

Super clean, really nice! The gauge placement is minto. I have the 9C1 cluster there right now, but I have some autometers coming that would look better. Bet I could get a few bucks for the 9C1 gauges too on eBay. Your car reminds me how badly mine needs paint.

I really dig it and thanks for taking the time to shoot the video.

Brian
          Last edited by Brian Lohnes; January 5, 2013, 11:49 AM.

Comment

I'm hoping for rain next week to melt the snow and wash the roads a little bit. If it happens, I hope to get the car out for a lil driving action. It likes to spin the tires pretty well (unless I heat them, of course)!

Comment

I was out doing burnouts and junk this morning with Nutting. Photos will follow when he edits them. There's some good stuff in the pile.

Comment

I hate you.... just a little bit! Supposed to hit the low to mid 40's midweek next week. Can't wait to see the pix!

The paint job is a Maaco cheapie. At least the car is all one shade of white now. As I said, I believe it was hit at some point. There used to be a blue pinstripe that ran the length of the car, following the top of the front fender, just under the windows, and to the top of the rear quarter. Under that pinstripe on the left front fender, it was a 'off white' or 'cream white.' I had them paint it the entire car in an 'arctic' white if I remember the color correctly. I have a picture of it about a week after I bought it, somewhere... I'll have to find it. I just did the clay bar and wax to it this past summer, and it looks 10x better than it did before. White forgives a lot!

If I were building the car up again right now, and not 5 years ago, I probably would have bought that 9C1 gauge cluster from you. I wanted to keep it as 'sleeper' like as possible. Of course though with no tailpipes or turndowns, its kind of loud, and the 'sleeper' part goes away when I start it. Figure its good for pretty low 13's. I have nabbed some cocky ricers and pickups with it though!
                Last edited by Leadsledcaprice; January 5, 2013, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Nice video tour! For a second there I thought you were going to do a burn out in your driveway while the camera was on the hood of the truck
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Seeing as how that's my grandparent's house, and my dad is the executor of the estate, I don't think that would have gone over too well lol. My buddy who lives down the street from there was mildly upset I didn't give him a 'South Side Street Cars hello' in the form of a burnout, after I'd told him I'd had the car out to make this vid.

Comment

• Originally posted by tedly View Post
                      Side pipes.
                      i feel bad for the LeBaron errr i mean Maserati TC
                      Originally posted by Remy-Z;n1167534
                      Congratulations, man. You've just inherited the "Patron Saint of Automotive Lost Causes" from me. No question.

75Grand AM 455:Pissed off GrandMA, 68 Volkswagen Type1 "beetle":it will run some year

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
                        I was out doing burnouts and junk this morning with Nutting. Photos will follow when he edits them. There's some good stuff in the pile.
                        Need video and sound Brian!!
                        Patrick & Tammy
                        - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

• My plan was for 70 chevelle SS squoval tips, since the shape is similar to the taillight segments.
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Working...
                          X