Parts you buy that you don't need

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parts you buy that you don't need

I have realised that one of the reasons my car fund is always low is I buy parts that I don't need.

Got two today picked up a HO cam for $20 b/c they are great up grades for truck motors....

Got a set of 85 mustang tail lights and wiring for about $80 from the JY I like them, might could use them or sell them, I think I paid a bit much for dust collectors.

Last edited by Russell; December 29, 2012, 07:20 PM.
    http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
    1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
    ​​​​​​

or buy 2 replacement parts so you can carry a spare 10000 miles...I'm guilty of that one,,,
    Last edited by silver_bullet; December 29, 2012, 07:22 PM.
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Guilty
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I am too frugal for that.
        everything saved comes out of the pile.
        except for cylinder heads. that pile is getting large for one engine that never killed a single one of any year..even through a thermite looking explosive hg fail.
        the internet was my idiot...
        Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

For me it's tools, not too much on the parts dummy buys (though I HAVE been tempted). I have a laser level system that seemed like a good idea at the time and other stuff like that.

Dan

Comment

For me its more cars, then more computer stuff, cameras, and tools that deplete my funds.... well other than firewood. I dont often buy parts I dont need, unless its small stuff and I just pick up extra because its always good to have extra little stuff when you live 20+ miles from the store.

Comment

HAHAHHAHAHAHAH ... HAHYAHAHHAHAHHAH... COugh Couhgah.aala;slja HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAh... No, I'm not guilty. I have NO idea what you are talking about. hehehe. giggle. hehe. heh. HHAHAHAHHAHAH. No idea.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Do gauges count?

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                  Do gauges count?

I'd kill for your guage stash!

Comment

past month or so I hauled off over 4 tons of scrap, yeah a lot of it was parts that I said "I'll use one day!" ten or twenty years ago.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      Do gauges count?

Any of that stuff for sale?
                      I need a fix.......
                      Last edited by oletrux4evr; December 29, 2012, 10:29 PM.
                      Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                      HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                        past month or so I hauled off over 4 tons of scrap, yeah a lot of it was parts that I said "I'll use one day!" ten or twenty years ago.
                        I'm gonna have to do that too.. Most got wet/rusted...

Comment

I only buy parts that I'll need, . .someday. . .I think.
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I see you've been in my shop!
                            My problem is I've got tons of parts that I keep finding and snagging... 2 aluminum Corvair steering boxes, a pile of 45-fin aluminum drums, juice backing plates, three Pontiac SuperDuty/Ford truck hood scoops... and oh-so-much-more... none of which actually fit my current projects!

Comment

Hey Monk - Is their a phototach in that pile? Looking for one for the M-B Diesel project.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X