Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
    got one you wanna part with ?
    I have an 800 double pumper that I have no use for. Its in nice shape.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I bought the 409 motor one day when I was at my engine builders shop...had
      not idea what I was going to do with it. But I thought owning a 409 would be cool.
      Guy brought the motor in for the heads, they were used on a 348. Didn't want the rest.

It sat for 18 months in the hobby room.
      Glad I did now.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Scott - how much for the 800? I know of an engine that could use more carb than it's current 650
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

How embarassing!
          I bought two little fake vents with FLAMES on them for my teeny red car, but Loren shamed me into not using them, so maybe I will put them on the Cherokee!
          That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
            How embarassing!
            I bought two little fake vents with FLAMES on them for my teeny red car, but Loren shamed me into not using them, so maybe I will put them on the Cherokee!
            Does Loren ride/drive the Cherokee? ..
            If so, I see more shaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
              I have an 800 double pumper that I have no use for. Its in nice shape.
              how much are a pair of heads worth compared to the carb?

(I'll drop them off Wed for cleaning and magnaflux)
              My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I seem to do it more often than I should. Tomorrow I'm going to try to pick up a Malibu because it's cheap. I'll build it but I might have to sit on it for a year first.
                Coming at you live from the birthplace of GM,Flint,Mi. Where your car is worth more than the property it's parked on.

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf Bob View Post
                  Does Loren ride/drive the Cherokee? ..
                  If so, I see more shaming...
                  HA! So funny....Loren had to drive the Cherokee for a while to go to work at a Metal Stamping place, very manly workforce there, he actually did not peel off my Hello Kitty sticker.
                  That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
                    HA! So funny....Loren had to drive the Cherokee for a while to go to work at a Metal Stamping place, very manly workforce there, he actually did not peel off my Hello Kitty sticker.
                    Prolly took alotta crap tho...

Comment

He probably parked way at the far end of the lot and backed it in the space against the fence so no one could see the Hello Kitty stuff.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well I did it........'64 Impala buckets.
                        My project for the next few months.

Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Seats are never items you 'don't need', because you can sit on them everyday in the garage if you want to...
                          I'm guilty of buying seats too for a project I didn't have yet

I once bought an entire titleless car as a 'spare' to the one I already had, just because it was too cheap to pass on.
                          Stored it for some years then decided to cut it in sizable pieces so I could store it on a loft. It's still there and probably not going anywhere soon.

Also once bought a set of chrome 14" wirewheels because I liked them. And I didn't have a car for them at the time.
                          www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Of which, I've got 4 speed bleeders for the '06 Mustang. I didn't know they came two to a package. The Big Brake folks say do NOT put them on the Big Brakes, so I have to get a suck bleeder system for that (will it ever end?). Lemme know whoever wants them and I'll mail them to ya. It's a neat trick. They're 10mm x 1.0, might fit something else you have.
                            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

This sat on the shelf for awhile, had no idea what I was going to do with it....but it was
                              cool and had original box and sales receipt. Came in handy for the '55 project.

These I'll probably never use.....but hell.. they're moon hub caps, in original box, from the mid '60's.
                              Thom

Comment

Working...
                              X