Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff, Scott. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I think we look forward to your annual road trip as much as you do Scott.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Nice travel post. Whenever I don't have a schedule to keep I always try to take the back roads for the more interesting trip.

I've found that with regular application of Rain-X I almost never turn my wipers on. for two years the wipers on my S-10 didn't even work. Didn't need them until I had to drive in heavy traffic in a blizzard.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
          I think we look forward to your annual road trip as much as you do Scott.
          Only read 2. Not sure how I got to the first...
          Yep. Enjoyable...
          You ever drive the Redwood Highway from Crescent City into Oregon, via Cave Junction/Grants Pass?
          Then hit the coast again and go back to Crescent City via 101... BBBBEAUTIFUL,
          Did 20 years ago in the sedan delivery with the family... It was a row fest...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
            I want to go the gold rush route in summer.

When I moved to Cali in 1988, I didn't have any friends and we lived in Vacaville. It was a bedroom community and hell for a 20 year old. So, I drove around a lot back then exploring the northern half of the state. I need go down some of those highways again with my camera.
            .....maybe we can get a group together and do it....use my place as a HQ....I'm less than 15 minutes from foothill roads....excellent carving material.....was always exciting to take the ZO6 out and stretch its legs....
            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

that was a great post.
              northern cali has my interest.. you were in the middle someplace and it looked small town. I love that stuff.

a heavyweight ride, whistles of time with it..I lived for those.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Scott always does a great job of taking pictures and then tying everything together so you almost feel like you were on the adventure with him!
                sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I have to admit I miss the long road trips I used to make in the GTO, this makes it vastly more poignant. Thanks Scott, I need the motivation to make the old stuff legal again. As per usual, the pics are awesome, its nice to see one of the few states I have not yet been able to visit.

Its high time I take the camera along when I head back to Nebraska to see the kids, the only stretch of the trip that isnt back roads is I-80 through Iowa.

Comment

I only recently discovered how beautiful this world is when you are not taking freeways. I wish I have done it sooner.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I only recently discovered how beautiful this world is when you are not taking freeways. I wish I have done it sooner.
                      that is fun.
                      an easy thing to do today is drag points around on a google map, after getting their highway motivated directions.

adds some time, reduce some miles.

likemaine to new york upsate..they got people doing a horseshoe to get on a massachussetts highway. I go all woods, a couple of state parks.

alot to miss treating a car like a 400,000 pound tanker.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

I've always knew it is better to take the "back roads" over "freeways".
                        My problem is TIME.. Usually animals to get back to, thus rush up then back...
                        Drove to Iowa 3 times.. Each time it was weather to beat or too dang hot.. Regret it now..
                        Last edited by Deaf Bob; January 1, 2013, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Wow, outstanding scenery! Reminds me of when I had to take Bullethound bus down 101 from Lodi to San Fransisco. in the early 80's.
                          Tom
                          Overdrive is overrated

Comment

Working...
                          X