Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Infidelity

Gasp......some mean secretly spend money on cars

So.....who has a 'stash' kept for cars/parts?

I use my expense money for my stash and my wife keeps a
    sum set back.
    No biggee until her's needs to be funded.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Originally posted by Monk View Post
    Gasp......some mean secretly spend money on cars

So.....who has a 'stash' kept for cars/parts?

I use my expense money for my stash and my wife keeps a
    sum set back.
    No biggee until her's needs to be funded.
    I don't see how in the world to keep it a secret. It's all or none..."Honey, what's THIS?" "Uhhh, I found it, on the side of the road, brand new, isn't that amazing? And it FITS, perfectly! Can we keep it?"
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

We don't DO that. If I want to do something I'll tell ME what I want to do and she'll say "Let's see how to figure out the money". I do have a car account that's funded out of my Social Security (not ALL of it) and generally that does it. If you have to hide stuff from each other, where's the trust?

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
        If you have to hide stuff from each other, where's the trust?

Dan
        Amen, Brother Dan. Amen.

Comment

What's mine is mine
          STUGOTS

Comment

Just bring it home and plop it in the car yard and I will probably not notice an addition has been made. But Loren always makes great deals so I don't worry about it at all, and he is pretty lenient with me so...
            That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
              Just bring it home and plop it in the car yard and I will probably not notice an addition has been made. But Loren always makes great deals so I don't worry about it at all, and he is pretty lenient with me so...
              I'm getting (back) into the car thing very late in life, and Sue Unit is along for the (financial) ride. But wow is she ever good with it. She knows how much I was thrilled by the road course thing. She's okay with it. She says don't get into the big savings. Grocery money is okay. How good is THAT? Yeah, too good.

We're in this together. Or at least she's in it with me. In spirit.

No hiding.

Comment

I don't have to worry about it. This summer would have been a deal breaker with some of the checks that I wrote.
                I R Bob
                You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

I have a "stash", but it's not a secret. And it won't buy a whole lot, either.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by BluLightning View Post
                    I don't have to worry about it. This summer would have been a deal breaker with some of the checks that I wrote.
                    stroked and poked built 5.4? errrr. yah. Really, it's only 6 payments on a new truck... Since they don't offer a Lightning any more, that would be a Raptor, right?

I have a 5 gallon water bottle with "get me out of jail" money in it, for whoever needs it first. I tend to keep a couple hundred bucks in it. Since we don't ask questions about that, we don't ask questions about my car money stash, which is in another location.

There's no real secret I buy a lot of car parts. The only real problem is I *DON'T* try to hide them. They're in the house. If I hid them, they wouldn't be such a problem.

Our finances are, for the moment anyway, separate. When she depletes hers, I'll know more about where the money goes. I frankly don't care that much as long as the bills get paid. My savings for _our_ retirement are not touchable by either of us for a while. I'm worth a lot more dead than alive, and she knows it. She still allows me to live.
                    Last edited by Beagle; December 31, 2012, 12:38 PM.
                    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Many of you guys are very lucky to have a wife who is supportive of your car hobby. Many are not for many different reasons. Some just don't understand your love of cars so they don't like it. Some know they can't afford it based on their income and expenses, children are expensive. If you have to hide your money spent on your cars from your wife then your marriage is based on lies. That can't last. I'm not married but I do know that trust is the number one thing wives depend on with their husbands.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I'm on my third and last marriage. I could NOT trust my first wife, had no reason to. An addicted liar. She'd lie when the truth was a better story.

Second wife I could trust, but she just plain didn't like me. Truth was, she didn't like ANYBODY. Poor sad soul, miserable in her shoes. Probably that way still. somewhere.

Unit's a charm for me. All that to say, yes...TRUST. It's all about trust. And compatibility and everything else. Never mind, back to money and hotrodding.

Comment

My wife thinks everything I have or get is for sale, which is somewhat true. It's just that there are somethings I can never sell, lol
                          Originally posted by TC
                          also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

My wife knows I'm very sensible and don't throw money away, if I need something for the car(s) she's fine with it. Sometimes I'll buy something and will forget to tell her until the box shows up. She'll get upset not because of the money but because I didn't share it with her.
                            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C View Post
                              She'll get upset not because of the money but because I didn't share it with her.
                              THERE. There it is. That's what it's all about.

Comment

Working...
                              X