No announcement yet.

Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLD. A dude's coming from Tunnel Hill to get them as we speak. Wow, I wish I had a few dozen sets of them to sell and keep jacking up the price!
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

lol CL not that bad after all!
      http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
      1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Told ya - you didn't ask enough!
        ;-)
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Dude's gonna send me photos of his 41 Plymouth with Red's wheels on it.

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            Dude's gonna send me photos of his 41 Plymouth with Red's wheels on it.

Wow, Christmas in January - today will see new wheels and tires and speed bleeders ... got the bleeders.

At first I thought they didn't match Red's stock calipers, had to talk with Jegs before I had enough courage to screw them in.

I just wanna finish bleeding Red's stock brakes, the right way. The speed bleeders have a massively fat nipple on them. Where can I get some big diameter plastic tubing to fit those nipples? I already got aquarium hose - too small. I already got the one-man bleeder kit, bigger tubing - too small.

Dang, I'm shut down for want of plastic tubing...and gyah-lee is Red's brake fluid ever cooked to syrup and looking like it's got lots of earthquake rubble in it.
            Last edited by pdub; January 4, 2013, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Many hardware stores have Tygon (or similar) clear plastic tubing. It'll be fairly soft and you should be able to squeeze it together between your thumb and forefinger. Tygon is similar to the aquarium tubing of which you speak. You usually find it on a rolls of different sizes. Tygon is DuPont's trade name but I'm sure there are many similar products. If it's a little too tight you can heat it up with a hair dryer and it will stretch easily - just push it on where you need it.

Dan

Comment

One thing about it, Red's not going anywhere soon. Unit came out into the garage to inspect the progress and hollered, "Arrrrrgh! He's got no FEET! Poor RED!"

Last edited by pdub; January 4, 2013, 02:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                  Many hardware stores have Tygon (or similar) clear plastic tubing. It'll be fairly soft and you should be able to squeeze it together between your thumb and forefinger. Tygon is similar to the aquarium tubing of which you speak. You usually find it on a rolls of different sizes. Tygon is DuPont's trade name but I'm sure there are many similar products. If it's a little too tight you can heat it up with a hair dryer and it will stretch easily - just push it on where you need it.

Dan

AHHHHHHH thanks Dan! Hair dryer! The bigger tubing I have is close, that might just do it! Film at eleven.

Comment

Nope, the blow dryer didn't help. Dangit.

Comment

Try boiling water. If that doesn't help you can CAREFULLY hit it with a propane torch. Keep it pretty far away (like maybe 12 to 18") from the tube. I used a heat gun which looks like a hair dryer but is much hotter.

Dan
                      Last edited by DanStokes; January 4, 2013, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Just take a speed bleeder with you to the plumbing section of a hardware store. They have plastic tubing by the foot. Test fit until you find the right size and then buy a couple feet.

Comment

Originally posted by Whelk View Post
                          Just take a speed bleeder with you to the plumbing section of a hardware store. They have plastic tubing by the foot. Test fit until you find the right size and then buy a couple feet.
                          Yep, that'll be tomorrow. Waiting on wheels and tires, like right NOW. Where's the truck(s)? It's getting late in the day....

Comment

Yep, that'll be tomorrow. Waiting on wheels and tires, like right NOW. Where's the truck(s)? It's getting late in the day....
                            If your luck's like mine, it'll be delivered when you ain't home....
                            Like today... Waited till the last min to leave home... Still no mail, expecting vet drugs, met my wife next street over, signed "NO" as we met... She pulls in, drugs in the mail box... Our mail box is 100' from the house and right by a ped path.. So we like to get our mail asap..

Comment

No worries, they got here after dark. Red has feet again:

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Wheels 001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	866113

Comment

No worries, they got here after dark. Red has feet again:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16706[/ATTACH]
                                You gonna mount em yourself?? I do mine... By hand..

Is that an Oregon cap on your head?
                                Did you watch the Fiesta bowl last night?

Comment

Working...
                                X