• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Test -
    Attached Files
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

E-N-A-B-L-E-R-S. a whole website FULL of 'em.

those wheels need a red pinstripe.

gonna be bitchin'.
      Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by oldsman496 View Post
        E-N-A-B-L-E-R-S. a whole website FULL of 'em.

those wheels need a red pinstripe.

gonna be bitchin'.
        I've got a red ink pen in my 35 year-old-toolbox. And the ink pen is probably 40 years old. Will that work to make a stripe?

But really, as far as enablers are concerned - YES. Encouragers is a better term. And friends, as far as I see it.

What a helluva deal and what fun I've had from being on this forum, starting from nowhere. Thanks folks, all of ya.
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
          where is the picture of one of the wheels hanging off the front of RED?? i wouldnt be able to wait...... good looking wheel.
          no, really, how are you resisting the urge to hang one of your new wheels on one end of the car and snap a sneak preview?? jeez man, we want to see how bitchin its gonna look!!!!

Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
            no, really, how are you resisting the urge to hang one of your new wheels on one end of the car and snap a sneak preview?? jeez man, we want to see how bitchin its gonna look!!!!

This is gonna take some getting used to...the black lug nuts missed the truck in Memphis, they'll be here Monday.

Click image for larger version

Name:	New Wheels on Red 001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	866132

I really DO like the stance...

Name:	New Wheels on Red 002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	866133

But one of the tires is OUT OF ROUND. Dude put it on the machine and it said it would take 11 ounces to fix it. Got up to 80 and there's a NASCAR-tire-going-down vibration. Went back, he turned the tire on the rim, little or no improvement.

The offending tire is currently on the right front. Maybe I'll move it to the back and see if I can live with it. Dadgummit, fart fire piddly ant darn. Dang I hate to send that tire back to Tire Rack. I just hate to.

EDIT: Yes, now that I see them, those tires really DO need a red stripe. Maybe I'll figure a way to paint one on there.
            Last edited by pdub; January 5, 2013, 10:52 AM.

Comment

IMO Peewee, yes a red pin stripe on the wheels would look bitchin' but, a black C stripe, or even black rocker stripes would tie the all black wheels into the whole of the car. My favorite color combo, red and black so, either/anyway I LOVE IT!

On the crappy tire, SEND THAT SUCKER BACK! It's most likely got a bad belt from new, and will only get worse. I'm sure Tire Rack will back it up, I've had nothing but good dealings with them. Good luck either way.

A little inspiration on the theme

Name:	GAS2010RedMistMustangPanLeftTwo001small.jpg
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	866138Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-gt-red-matte-blk-dual-stripes-lrg.jpg
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	866137Click image for larger version

Name:	2008_00043_03.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	866136Click image for larger version

Name:	z-2006-richard_roth-01.jpg
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	866134Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-red-black-boss-stripe-lrg.jpg
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	866135
              Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Pdub, take it from me YOU WILL NOT GET USED TO IT!
                Send it back, get another!
                It will shake something till it breaks!
                It will NOT, EVER..be fun on a trip of any distance!

Comment

Wow, Tire Rack is on the up-and-up! They're going to ship me a new tire for free and they'll have UPS come by the house and pick up the bum one.

Cool. Well, uncool on bad tire, but cool on customer service after the fact.

Comment

Update: Unit absolutely hates the new wheels. She says I have done gone and uglied Red up, that he now looks mean. She hates 'em. I'm trying to like them....trouble in Paradise.....

Comment

The car looks great Peewee! Thats probably exactly what I'd like my Mustang to look like if I had one. Good luck on getting the new tire!

Comment

I like this pic..... You could just "wrap" the strips on the car, which would be a lot cheaper than painting them on...... But I think this one looks Bitch'n........

Comment

I'm sure it will look somewhat better in profile with a hulking big red caliper hanging behind the front wheel. It needs SOMETHING to provide contrast...it reminds me of a cop car with no hubcaps. Just black. Smoking holes where the wheels oughta be.
                          Last edited by pdub; January 5, 2013, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Powder coat them silver or light grey. Or leave the center black and the center silver/grey. Or vice versa.
                            Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierL98GTA View Post
                              Powder coat them silver or light grey. Or leave the center black and the center silver/grey. Or vice versa.
                              I'm already thinking some kind of treatment for the wheels, this will just not do. I asked Unit, "What if the wheels were red, same color as Red?"

She puked a little in the back of her throat. No, THAT won't work. I'm no visual artist, but I know there's something wrong with this picture, big time.

Comment

Pdub, that sucks about the defective tire, but you've seen the result of ordering them from a reputable supplier, they are looking after you.

It's too bad that LRS doesn't offer the 18" Drift wheel for the newer cars in the silver finish as they do the 19", that would look nice. My suggestion, before spending the money to get anything powdercoated, would be to shoot two of them with Plastidip in the colour that is closest to what you like, and try them on one side of the car to give you the visual. That stuff can be peeled off easily if you want to, when properly applied. Heck, if the colour is close enough, just do all four, a lot cheaper than powdercoating!

cheers
                                Ed
                                Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                                07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                                88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                                X