Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels

Okay veteran Car Guys, teach me some savvy.

What should I post as an asking price for Red's stock wheels with tires attached? These are Goodrich G-Force tires, fancy stuff when they were born, but I know I left half of them on the road course pavement in Dawsonville.

They still look real healthy but they were over-tall on tread when new. They sounded like off-road tires until I beat them half to death.

And is it a reasonable assumption to assume anybody wants or needs a set of stock Mustang wheels to begin with?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheels 001.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	879548

Click image for larger version

Name:	Wheels 002.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	879549
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

THose can be used on 98-2004 FWD Regals and Grand Prix' too, they are pretty popular there and easily the best looking stock Mustang wheels. Check craigslist for something to compare them too.

Comment

I'm guessing maybe $500 - $600 for the set. Basically with tires these only are a direct fit for 05-up Mustang V6 and GT, except the newer ones with Brembo brakes. So they would be a nice upgrade for someone with a V6 car, or an early GT that had the base 17" wheels. Because your car is an 06, you don't have tire pressure monitor stuff to worry about.

cheers
      Ed
      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

I paid 500 several years ago for V6 take off wheels from a 2005 with maybe 50 miles on the tires. I would not go less than 350. Lemme go do some quick checking. There are a ton of the style you have for sale but they are really popular so you have a pretty big market to draw from.

They need about 1" of spacer to be put on an older Mustang is the only drawback. On the flip side of that, some people swapping rear ends need to lose a couple inches so it works out well for them.

/edit- looks like the market is flooded right now with take-off's from a Mustang and 250 may be more in line. I would definitely NOT go any lower than that. Keep them in the attic, at some point somebody might want to restore their ride.
        Last edited by Beagle; January 1, 2013, 08:57 AM.
        Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I suck at reselling stuff but Russell is Your Man! If he doesn't chime in here I'd PM him.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

/edit- looks like the market is flooded right now with take-off's from a Mustang and 250 may be more in line. I would definitely NOT go any lower than that. Keep them in the attic, at some point somebody might want to restore their ride.
            Thanks so much Beags, I wish we HAD an attic. I've already got the $10 tires piled up under the house, the tires that were on Red when I bought him, thinking someday I may get them mounted on junkyard wheels just to do a hellacious burnout for video...

Now I've got tires and wheels on the way, arriving Friday by estimates. The existing tires and wheels are going to be in the way. Somewhere. I'd just about give them away to somebody who could use them, but don't tell anybody.

Comment

those are the very common 5x4 1/2 bolt patern, they can be bolted onto what seems like everything from a 93 toyota truck to a 2001 nissan maxima to a 2008 ford ranger and everything in between

IMO I would keep them, mount up some track tires for autocross or road racing or drag racing and not burn up the new ones
              Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                those are the very common 5x4 1/2 bolt patern, they can be bolted onto what seems like everything from a 93 toyota truck to a 2001 nissan maxima to a 2008 ford ranger and everything in between

IMO I would keep them, mount up some track tires for autocross or road racing or drag racing and not burn up the new ones
                The deal is, those existing wheels won't clear the Big Brakes I'm about to put on the front. I don't need them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                  those are the very common 5x4 1/2 bolt patern, they can be bolted onto what seems like everything from a 93 toyota truck to a 2001 nissan maxima to a 2008 ford ranger and everything in between ...
                  only problem is, the offset is way off center on the S197 wheels, they fit like front wheel drive wheels.
                  Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    only problem is, the offset is way off center on the S197 wheels, they fit like front wheel drive wheels.
                    Exactly ... to put them on Rangers or earlier Mustangs and other Fords, the buyer has to budget for some bolt-on wheel spacers to make them not rub on the inside. They would go on some FWD cars with the same pattern, but the tires are too tall for most of them.

Maybe if you don't get any takers for them as a set at a reasonable price, you might be able to do better selling the tires separately from the wheels.

cheers
                    Ed
                    Last edited by fast Ed; January 1, 2013, 12:02 PM.
                    Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                    07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                    88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

If my Bullits fall through I may be interested pdub.
                      From my research, that is the perfect offset for someone like me. Foxbody car going 5 lug via sn95 rear end. With the sn95 axle being longer the different offset puts the tire at the wheel wells. Could be wrong but that's what I remember
                      Jeff
                      Follow My Build

Comment

Originally posted by 1trickpony View Post
                        If my Bullits fall through I may be interested pdub.
                        From my research, that is the perfect offset for someone like me. Foxbody car going 5 lug via sn95 rear end. With the sn95 axle being longer the different offset puts the tire at the wheel wells. Could be wrong but that's what I remember
                        You're more than welcome to them, would cost more to ship than they're worth, though...

Comment

ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by DanStokes View Post
                            ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Dan
                            Yeah, we've got a spare room for the rebound. What better deal? Free wheels. Come get 'em.

Comment

Let me put it this way: The first person to get here gets the wheels. I'd prefer the end of this week so I can drive Red the rest of this week. He'll be on jack stands this coming weekend anyhow. It's a race of sorts - who wants em?

Comment

Working...
                              X