• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolutions

Maybe I could stop contributing to taking threads offroad

finish a car or two and drive them

stop telling jokes that have to be explained

stay out of Hooters for a week and not substitute Twin Peaks

in the end, I'll probably just stop making resolutions.

How 'bout you ?
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

I hereby resolve to keep doing what I've always done. That part is easy. The rest is hard.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I think I will turn the den into part of the garage.... maybe that will help get me off my ass. I hit a real funk this morning, have a huge case of who gives a f*. Whahhh. I heard a saying one time that made me laugh, maybe it should be my 2013 resolution

Put on your big girl panties and deal with it.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I've resolved to get the S10 to the track by the April meet. Just hoping it'll run under it's own power all the way down! And to enjoy each and every day.

Beags - I know what you mean about running out of gas. I've only recently seemed to get my Mojo back and want to get out there and DO stuff. Sure feels good!

Dan
        Last edited by DanStokes; January 1, 2013, 10:17 AM.

Comment

I'm resolved to living life and being a better friend to all... the rest just happens...
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
            I hereby resolve to keep doing what I've always done. That part is easy. The rest is hard.
            telling it like it is...rare resolve is the hard part.

Analyzing 8 years of video recording newbiness..time for me to step up a notch or move on.

not for anyone to know but me for now.

telling jokes misunderstood still has a laugh, bigger than most.
            I am with pewee:

I hereby resolve to keep doing what I've always done. That part is easy.

Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

After this past year im going to try and enjoy the little things more. Put more effort into going places ive never been and seeing those I havent seen in a long time. Not being so wound up all the time. Its no way to be.

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte View Post
                After this past year im going to try and enjoy the little things more. Put more effort into going places ive never been and seeing those I havent seen in a long time. Not being so wound up all the time. Its no way to be.
                That's a noble pursuit, seeing new things. Scott's road trip thread got me there without going, ohhh yeah. Reminded me of all of that adventuring when I was a young buck.

And the little things? Those are big, too. My mom, bless her heart, never got out of the house, didn't want out of the house. She wanted ANYTHING but out of the house. Afraid of the world beyond those walls. But she had her little things. She'd slice a lemon and just plain float to the ceiling sniffing it. I mean a drug high. "OHHHHHH that smells so gooooood!"

Whatever. Everybody has the little things. The little things count.

Comment

This is gonna be a big year for me.......in May I'm planning
                  on giving a one year's notice.
                  It will take them that long to fill my territory and I want to
                  leave my accounts in good hands.

Of course once I give the notice......I'll put my skates on.
                  Last edited by Monk; January 1, 2013, 11:18 AM.
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

beags if you got a SBF you want me to haul off for you for my 56 i would be more than happy to oblige you to help clear the clutter LOL
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      This is gonna be a big year for me.......in May I'm planning
                      on giving a one year's notice.
                      It will take them that long to fill my territory and I want to
                      leave my accounts in good hands.

Of course once I give the notice......I'll put my skates on.
                      And find the biggest hill to skate down!
                      Life has a way of throwing curveballs... Just see them coming!
                      Enjoy every minute of it!

Comment

I don't do resolutions because I don't stick to them. I just have some goals to accomplish: pay off all bills by May, finish my Master's by December, get some work done on the Mustang, have a successful surgery that actually fixes my ankle (I can wish...), and generally screw over my coworkers like they do to me Karma is a b*tch and so am I.
                        Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by catchmeblue70 View Post
                          ...get some work done on the Mustang,
                          Need some wheels and tires to go with that Haley?

Comment

Resolutions: Currently 1920 x 1080.

My plans go far beyond one year, and I am continually doing things and trying to improve faster than it goes downhill. I dont make resolutions to make this year different, I see what comes along during it and make the best of it. I really want the 65 GTO done this year, and the 71 Mustang, but why bother with a resolution? I just need to get it done.
                            Last edited by Thumpin455; January 1, 2013, 02:14 PM.

Comment

The same ones I've had for years, maybe one year they'll finally stick.
                              Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Working...
                              X