No announcement yet.

Resolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife says I don't listen to her, so this year I'll resolve to pay more attention.

At least I think that's what she said ...

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
      Need some wheels and tires to go with that Haley?
      Eventually, but the engine and bodywork will be done first. Then I can decide how to make it pretty
      Who needs sugar and spice and everything nice? I'm a Southern girl - give me cars, guns and whiskey on ice. ~Mrs. Remy-Z

Comment

Originally posted by OHC 6 Sprint View Post
        My wife says I don't listen to her, so this year I'll resolve to pay more attention.

At least I think that's what she said ...
        I think I have this too - or at least I am told that regularly.
        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
          I think I have this too - or at least I am told that regularly.
          It's called selective hearing.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^
            and Rhonda's is way worse than mine - Gosh I hate repeating myself!

13 could be a huge year for us - possible move to get everything at one property, get the falcon to dragweek, etc.

I don't usually do resolutions either - but I would like to make some changes - starting with the shop being 100ft out the back door instead of 8 miles away would sure help make those changes feasible

(rough calculations say I spend 50+ hours a year commuting to the shop and well over $400 a year in fuel)
            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

I plan for this to be the last Drag Week for the Malibu, so I will not be sandbagging this year on purpose at least.
              2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
              First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
              2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
              2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

so Jeff - you'll throw up a 9.67 on day one "just to be safe" then let it rip?

;-)

Just don't drop the front end like a hot potato again.
                There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Best resolutions yet.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
                    so Jeff - you'll throw up a 9.67 on day one "just to be safe" then let it rip?

;-)

Just don't drop the front end like a hot potato again.

I hope to come ready to rip every pass, and just finish the week it ends up how it ends up.

It should be a little faster than a .67 the first pass that was pretty soft still. That was a 1.45 60' pass and only reved to 7200 on the shift. Its been 1.36 on the rear tires...... on the Old 18*engine.

Looking for .20's and 30's for the week if its in the heat like last year. Not promising but its within reason....
                    2007 SBN/A Drag Week Winner & First only SBN/A Car in the 9's Till 2012
                    First to run in the .90s .80s and .70's in SBN/A
                    2012 SSBN/A Drag Week Winner First in the 9.60's/ 9.67 @ 139 1.42 60'
                    2013 SSBN/A Drag Week, Lets quit sand bagging, and let it rip!

Comment

I will not blow up any more motors, I will not blow up any more motors, I will not blow up any more motors.........maybe
                      Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                      The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                        It's called selective hearing.
                        Or - it really doesn't seem like nagging when I'm not listening anyway.
                        (that's a joke - my wife is a saint, she deals with moi)
                        Phil / Omaha

Comment

Originally posted by 70chevyC-10 View Post
                          Or - it really doesn't seem like nagging when I'm not listening anyway.
                          (that's a joke - my wife is a saint, she deals with moi)
                          I believe that sainthood goes both ways...
                          Patrick & Tammy
                          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

I resolve to do all I can to be at Drag Week 2013, and see Jeff run all out all five tracks.

(I'll be the one running 16's)
                            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Working...
                            X