Matt's Weather Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt's Weather Report

Just got off the phone with Matt in Oshkosh. All's well with Matt.

And he gave me a weather report while he was at it.

While we were talking on the phone, and we talked for a while...the temperature outside Matt's place warmed up.

It went from TWO to THREE. DAYum. Come home Matt, come home! The land of sweet tea and honeysuckle vines.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

That air is on its way here in a couple days. Will be 4-6 degrees at night. I know Matt's a southern boy so he hates it, but I love the cold. Back when I was a truck driver delivering bottled water, the load would usually be frozen by the time we left the yard in the morning. There's something primal about the cold. Heat makes you sweat and smell bad, but the cold will kill you in a hurry. Man versus the elements stuff. I dig it.
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Randal spent a bit over two weeks in balmy southern California and has been complaining about Ely's temperature since his return on the 30th.

Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I don't mind the cold too much.. ..i sweat anyway!

Comment

Well I had to work a short trip today, it rained all the way to Knoxville to load, and all the way to Gate City Va. One I pulled into the station to drop, it quit raining, which was nice. Got in the truck to leave and it starts raining again. I am blessed.

Comment

I love the cold.

we are just getting below zero this evening.
            reminded me to get a car thermometer. One of the challenges in my little build is 30 below, driving around.

I don't see much of that out on the web. It is a real challenge..

the colder it gets for everybody, the more likely more machines will be setup with a bigger penis.

did I say penis?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	866049

I need to look to the northwest..which used to be a bomb for this place. arctic blitz. As if they forget to mention canada coming across the border. the net has been awesome..
            Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 1, 2013, 06:33 PM.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes View Post
              That air is on its way here in a couple days. Will be 4-6 degrees at night. I know Matt's a southern boy so he hates it, but I love the cold. Back when I was a truck driver delivering bottled water, the load would usually be frozen by the time we left the yard in the morning. There's something primal about the cold. Heat makes you sweat and smell bad, but the cold will kill you in a hurry. Man versus the elements stuff. I dig it.
              I kinda think dropping babies on the head is normal in cold climates, toughens em up. Usually the swelling goes down before adulthood though
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

You son of a....
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Orange95Z View Post
                  I kinda think dropping babies on the head is normal in cold climates, toughens em up. Usually the swelling goes down before adulthood though
                  Wait, are you talking about Brian?
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Matt; remember, WE BBQ year round here in the south. Come home to some smoked pork. They can BBQ up north year round, but not sit outside in shorts in january with a cold beer BBQing. Well they could but they would freeze their nads off. PS let me know when you will be here.
                    OH YEAH
                    Long haul 07. 08. 10, 11, and 13. Looking forward to 2014

Comment

I just bought some new ice tires for the dirt bike, can't wait! These cold temps should give lake Winnebago a good 6/8 inches of ice pretty quick now.
                      Matt, looks like we will be plowing a nice long road course near Wendt's supper club just south of Oshkosh, let me know if you want to stop by.
                      After riding we usually BS in the bar for a drink or two and some fried cheese curds, man I love this place!

Comment

Its a balmy 14F here right now according to the weather channel, but my thermometer says 10F. Tomorrow is supposed to be 27F, but its not a big deal. As for outdoor stuff, I usually crank up the grill on New Years and burn a steak or burgers, that is the plan for tomorrow. I use the grill all winter and have for a long time, even in Nebraska.

I could sit outside in shorts if I wanted to, but I didnt even do that when I lived in the south. I guess some people just cant hang with a wide temp range.

Comment

It's all about what you're use to, I've been in Florida heat in sept/Oct, can't imagine living in that heat June to August! I'm sure you get use to it;), but man oh man that's hot.
                          Truth is, single digits IS cold no matter what anybody says. Usually only a handful of those each winter, none last year.
                          Last edited by mike343sharpstick; January 1, 2013, 07:27 PM.

Comment

5 degrees here...looking at 24 and snow?? this afternoon.. Iowa...if you don't like the weather, wait 30 minutes, it'll change...for the better??who knows...
                            Patrick & Tammy
                            - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

It's been FRIGID here - highs in the 50s and 60s. NOT what I moved South for. Water froze overnight a couple of days ago.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X