Weight Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
    I had gained 5 or 10 again, back too 200.2 this morning yesterday I was 199.8, had not been under 200 for a while. Just finished eatting a piece of pound cake, you can tell I am trying hard.
    so that must have been close to 1/2 a pound cake

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell View Post
      Anyone else want to loose weight? I gained about 7 pounds over the hollidays! Those should come off pretty easy. I would like to get down to about 180. Got on the scale this morning 209.2!

Move more, eat less junk, drink less. These are not easy for me sitting on my butt, Eatting cookies, and drinking beer are three of my favoriate things.

throw your scale away - you'll lose 5 lbs guaranteed.
      Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

• Hey Russel you could come work for me. Hovering in the nintys, lots of humidity. Built two big decks and framed a garage(sadly not mine...a customers). I think all I have eaten is peaches and watermelon. Drank about 80 gal of water. Down to 198. Too tired to do anything after work. I hate summer but at least I'm in shape.

Steve
        Well I have stopped buying stuff for cars I don't own. Is that a step in the right or wrong direction?

Comment

• Steve sounds like fun I sure I would learn a lot let me tell my boss and wife I going away for a while I am sure they will not mind!
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
          1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
          ​​​​​​

Comment

• I was wondering if someone would drag this thread back up. I'm hovering right around 170, that's 35 pounds less than I weighed a year and a half ago. It's hard but I'm keeping it off, I refuse to become a fat old man.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

• Gary - Been there done that! 165ish feel better than 194ish.

Dan

Comment

• 196.0 this morning. I had gotten to 193.8 before Christmas. I guess loosing a couple pounds a year is better than gaining a few every year.

PB 60' 1.49
                ​​​​​​

Comment

• I've gone from building mass to losing fat...so I've cut my calories and log everything I put in my mouth. I also do 1 hour of low impact cardio keeping my heart rate in the 110 to 130 range and instead of long rests between weight sets I try to get the next set rolling in about 20 seconds and no more than 1 minute between exercises....that's where you burn more fat and less muscle...I am down from 274 to 264 in 2.5 weeks...I drink a gallon of water a day as well...so the idea that the weight I've lost is "water weight is debunked....
                  If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

• dammit! you guys made me hop on the scale.

i've gained 22 pounds since last year. not good.

Comment

• I'm under 175 for the first time in YEARS. I don't really want to go below 170 - at 5'10.5" I'm happy with around 170. I was 185 for years, but since I started hiking - I dropped 10 - 12 lbs.
                      I didn't have a problem with 185, but after seeing what I look like now - then see a pic from last year... it looks like 5 of those 10 lbs was in my face.

So, new diet: Take a week off and hike 80 miles of the AT (or PCT, or whatever trail is near you). Repeat as vacation days allow. :D

Comment

• 5'8" 168lbs at 9ish% body fat right now. This time last year I was probably 160 at 8% body fat. Just maintaining a slight calorie abundance and lifting heavy. Starting doing some cardio last week and may get back into the fighting game.
                        Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

• I've been holding steady at 165 for the last year. Hit the gym 3x/week for an hour, some cardio & some weights. Started a training program in December and gained five pounds... gonna try run a marathon. I've found that when my milage goes up so does my weight.
                          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

• I've been lazy for the past month or so. Gained 8 or 9 pounds over the holidays and just got back to working out tonight. I need to keep at it, I HATE being overweight!
                            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

• I am still the same as the past 17 years.

It must be that hip bone in my ankle..not sure.

keeping weights in goal up or down, it does feel good to get there. Don't need to scale anything when feeling good.
                              I am still off by 30.. but am attempting a deeper medical pursuit. I eat like a big and tall guy...very long time now.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X