Weight Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
    I'm looking to gain back the weight I lost over the last three months.

(ducking and dodging hate darts shooting my way)
    Im the same way. Id like to add weight. Mainly just want to be injury free in 2013.

Scott, my brother has crohns and weighs 115 at age 24. So i'm guessing your doing better than most.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Since I got injured back in 04 I havent been able to run, which was my primary means of maintaining my weight. I look ok between 210 and 230, even though I am only 5'8" because of the muscle. Its damn hard to maintain that without being as active as I used to be. I have lots of muscle mass from not only an active lifestyle, but from jobs that were intensely physical.

Getting sick in August really kicked my ass. I had dropped from 280 to 239 during the bad year because I would forget to eat and due to the stress. In August I was about 265, not where I like to be, but steady and I could go riding or for a walk. When I could only sit and getting up to take a leak winded me because of the isocyanates, I gained. Last month I was 299 and that was enough for me, the motivation is there even without being able to move.

Luckily the lungs straightened out and I have been able to be more active, but during winter I am still limited. Managed to drop to 282 again, and I am trending downwards though I dont check daily. I have always eaten healthy, very rarely fast food, nothing fried, and pizza is a once a month at the most kind of thing. I just need lots of exercise, because it is what the body has been used to, and eating less means less than 1000 calories a day. Its a long story how I got so big by eating healthy with a low intake, it goes back to being a kid on a special diet for allergies, and then wrestling for 7 years.

Comment

I've put on 50 in the last 10 years. This puts my 6' 1" frame at 190. Doesn't sound too but but I'm not big boned or muscular. Going to try to loose 30 by April 1st. It just this gut. I'll get to 160 and then take inventory.
        Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

Originally posted by kyhunter89 View Post
          Im the same way. Id like to add weight. Mainly just want to be injury free in 2013.

Scott, my brother has crohns and weighs 115 at age 24. So i'm guessing your doing better than most.
          I am. Since most people didnt have their entire colon removed to get relief from Ulcerative Colitis. Then only to have Crohns attack what was left of my plumbing. I am very lucky.

One thing I would pass along to your brother with my 30 years of experience dealing with this crap. Managing one's stress is more.important than any drug or procedure. Internalizing all your stress will make it worse everyday.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I dont see the problem. The good running backs in the NFL are 5-9 220 lbs. So technically Im built like a college running back.

But in all seriousness, good luck to all. I would normally be at Taco Bell right now, but have a bowl of egg whites and vegetables in front of my face, covered in some spice called "Spike". Actually not bad tasting and I know its better for me. Also started a small workout program I found on Youtube/Facebook with a trainer in Tennessee. Its going to be hard work, but I think its time.

Comment

Losing weight means; to take in less energy than you consume.
              If you don't consume much energy on a daily basis, you shouldn't take much in.
              www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

For those who could use a little 'push', here's a very recent study-report that might interest you;

Little snippet;
                Results
                Random-effects summary all-cause mortality HRs for overweight (BMI of 25-<30), obesity (BMI of ≥30), grade 1 obesity (BMI of 30-<35), and grades 2 and 3 obesity (BMI of ≥35) were calculated relative to normal weight (BMI of 18.5-<25). The summary HRs were 0.94 (95% CI, 0.91-0.96) for overweight, 1.18 (95% CI, 1.12-1.25) for obesity (all grades combined), 0.95 (95% CI, 0.88-1.01) for grade 1 obesity, and 1.29 (95% CI, 1.18-1.41) for grades 2 and 3 obesity. These findings persisted when limited to studies with measured weight and height that were considered to be adequately adjusted. The HRs tended to be higher when weight and height were self-reported rather than measured.

Conclusions and Relevance
                Relative to normal weight, both obesity (all grades) and grades 2 and 3 obesity were associated with significantly higher all-cause mortality. Grade 1 obesity overall was not associated with higher mortality, and overweight was associated with significantly lower all-cause mortality. The use of predefined standard BMI groupings can facilitate between-study comparisons.
                www.BigBlockMopar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                  I am. Since most people didnt have their entire colon removed to get relief from Ulcerative Colitis. Then only to have Crohns attack what was left of my plumbing. I am very lucky.
                  He manages stress well, because he dont give much of a damn. He looks like a smaller ripped version of me.
                  Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I need to lose about 20-25 lbs.
                    The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

my doctor put me on a weight loss program, not gunna say where im at now but ive been known to block out sun when standing by small children

my wife is on the same program and has lost 35 pounds since october
                      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Not going to do daily updates but Day One down 3.4 lbs!
                        http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                        1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                        ​​​​​​

Comment

A friend of mine went in for a High Colonic and lost 15lbs........ Also a gallon of water weighs about 8lbs...... So did you lose weight or are you just dehydrated......

And for anyone here that wants to lose weight, the key is exercise and a high protein diet........ Your body burns fat when processing Protein, plus supplementing protein gives the body what it needs to rebuild itself, that way it isn't going to go to the vital organs in your body for those proteins...... Worst thing you can do to lose weight is exercise and starve yourself, your internal organs will hate you for it..........

Comment

I drink a lot of water, coffee, soda, so I not going to say that I am always hydrated. I have no disire to starve myself. Reduce the amount of junk food I eat, and eat normal size meals. My average weight is normally around 200 so the 1st 9 will go fast.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                              my doctor put me on a weight loss program, not gunna say where im at now but ive been known to block out sun when standing by small children

my wife is on the same program and has lost 35 pounds since october
                              Would you be willing to share what this program is? Im always curious to find out what other people are doing. My buddy is a trainer and he put me on the Paleo diet for 30 days to try it out, and also a 10 to 12 minute pretty intense workout.

The hardest part is cutting out the beer for me. Ive been doing pretty good with it the last week or so, having a Busch N/A (ugh) or two when I get a craving.

Comment

I was at 315 in September, down to 280 now. I'd like to get to 215 or so, that was my weight in the Navy. Basically I just cut out eating sugars and carbohydrates. I just however much protein and fat that I'm in the mood to.

I found this book immensely useful.

Comment

Working...
                                X