Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 173rdherd View Post
    .....very low carb intake none after 12noon
    i was talking to the wife last night about that on our 1 night out a week dinner, i was bad with what i got BUT 1 meal out of 20 for the week, i think i did ok LOL ... but when you go to a place that has some of the best home styled food in town, alcohol, and live music, things can go askew
    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

as soon as I quit drinking , I lose about 20 pounds and my BP goes from getting me bitched out to just being a little high. You think I would "get it"... Christmas season put a solid 8 on me. Stupid good food.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

on our night out we started doing a 6" subway (or 5-1/2" )depending who you talk to, or if you care. Quite a radical change from Raouls or Locatellis. By the way, anyone in N Houston, Locatelli's in Tomball or Cypress makes an original Chicago style hot beef sandwich....rare in Texas!
        Maybe I can clear this up.....I thought the cop was a prostitute.

Comment

219......cmon guys, whatcha got?

Comment

167 and steady!
            Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
            HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'm now comfortable to say I'm down 30 (lbs, not stone or kilos!). No magic, sorry. Eat less (portion control is a big deal) and get out in the shop much more. Most restaurant meals are easily two servings so get a carry out container and take half home for tomorrow. That's been my biggest change. Very few Americans are eating because they're "hungry" - it's mostly a social thing or depression. Really, half of the restaurant serving will more than meet your needs. If self control is an issue for you, get the carry out box when the meal is served and put half in there immediately (out of sight out of mind) If at home, avoid the second helping.

Also, I rarely eat bread or dairy and NEVER cheese. This started as a health concern after my heart attack and have carried on with it for over 10 years now. It gets to be habit and is now no big deal. My cardiologist asked me how they make cheese and I went into the description of the process. He said "Let me make that simpler. You take everything that isn't fat...... and throw it away". That's about it. With a bad heart that's not what you want to put in there. Still, I miss pizza....... I've had it without cheese but it REALLY isn't the same.

Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Russell View Post
                Anyone else want to loose weight? I gained about 7 pounds over the hollidays! Those should come off pretty easy. I would like to get down to about 180. Got on the scale this morning 209.2!

Move more, eat less junk, drink less. These are not easy for me sitting on my butt, Eatting cookies, and drinking beer are three of my favoriate things.
                Aint nuthing to it, but to do it. I lost 20 pounds a couple yrs ago and until recently have kept it off. I'm up about 4 pounds now, but have spent the past 3 days in Palm Springs for a classic car auction. Point is, it's a vacation for me, so I eat whatever I please. When I get home later today I'll see what I weigh and it'll be gone in a week. So, the 20 pounds I lost was pretty easy. For breakfast I only have something sweet (danish, cupcake, donut) and a glass of 1% milk. For lunch I quit french fries for the month or so I dieted (I usually have fries every day w/lunch). Also for lunch I'd peel back the bread on my burger and just bite the meat/onions/pickles/tomato. For dinner, just a Chicken breast and a wing without skin from either of a couple local grilled chicken joints. A big prob for me was after dinner snacks. "IF" I indulged in an after dinner snack it's be a 1/2 coffee cup of breakfast cereal with minimal 1% milk. After I lost the 20 pounds I ate just about anything within reason and kept the weight off for about 2 years. Another thing I've done during this time is ride my bike around for a 1/2 hour or longer after dinner and a few hours with friends on the weekends whenever possible
                STUGOTS

Comment

I had gotten to 199, but this morning back up to 202
                  http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                  1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                  ​​​​​​

Comment

Started seriously working out 3 weeks ago, started out at 206 and I'm 201 this morning. My goal is 170, the same I weighed when I graduated high school.
                    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I'm at 160, down 35 but still 25 more than what I weighed in college. I'll just keep eating like I have been for the past month or two...very few sugars or starches, all the animal products I want, all the green stuff I want. I drink nothing but water.
                      My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I started 18 months ago. I was 436lbs. Had bariatric sleeve surgery and got down to 330lbs. My alcoholism slowed my progress. 1 month out of treatment and I'm at 315lbs as of this morning. Looking for 290 by my 2 year checkup.

In addition to the surgery, I eat almost no carbs (especially not bread and pasta) and no sugar (especially not soda). I also run every day for at least 20 minutes.
                        1970 Camaro RS - SOLD | 2000 Camaro SS - Traded in for a Hyundai...
                        1966 Ford Thunderbird - SOLD | 1963 MGB, abandoned V8 project, FOR SALE/SCRAP

1978 Cutlass - Post Lay-off daily driver

Comment

DUDE!!!! Way to go. Surgery isn't the answer - but it sure can help. The reason I say it isn't the answer is because you CAN screw it up if you put your mind to it. I've had 3 friends that did that. Big eating over time can stretch the pouch back out. One of the guys got it back together and did well until his death from a bad heart (not very related to the weight). His widow who also had the bypass is still fighting the battle but is doing better. Not sure about the third guy.

But my daughter had a modified procedure - small stomach but the intestines were left untouched. She's doing VERY well and no relapses.

I envy your ability to run. Never was very good at it and with my heart issues it's completely out of the question. For me, it's working in the shop - sort of long term steady work output.

Someone wrote a book called "It's not what you're eating, it's what's eating you" and I suspect there's a lot of truth to that. But you have one heck of a good start! Keep it going!

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post
                            I started 18 months ago. I was 436lbs. Had bariatric sleeve surgery and got down to 330lbs. My alcoholism slowed my progress. 1 month out of treatment and I'm at 315lbs as of this morning. Looking for 290 by my 2 year checkup.

In addition to the surgery, I eat almost no carbs (especially not bread and pasta) and no sugar (especially not soda). I also run every day for at least 20 minutes.
                            .....excellent job.. I was over 450 last March 26th ..... had the Rue En Y bypass....this morning I was 282 lbs.....keep it rolling....I'm shooting for 240 .....expect plateaus ....it happens....March 26th will be my 1 year since surgery. ..
                            Last edited by Chassisman; February 25, 2013, 01:05 PM.
                            The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1970camaroRS View Post

I am on similar diet. no bread, pasta..
                              I am very thin for my height. (I should be in the 200s)

something to be said about "correct" diet, it is for anybody.

the weight extremes in my family, it all ended up the same pursuits. height and weight didn't even matter.
                              Previously boxer3main
                              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

losing weight sounds easier than it is, and I congratulate you all....i have kinda hit a plateau, but I'm not giving up.....I want to get under 200.

Comment

Working...
                                X