Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi-Def TV's-What adjustments have you made?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi-Def TV's-What adjustments have you made?

Do you leave it alone, or change some of the picture settings?
    STUGOTS

The best thing to do is just get the book out and start messing with it. Make sure you have HD cable though sometimes that is a more expensive option. We have DirectTV and it costs more to have the High Def signal than it does the Standard Def. You can always get Geek squad to come out and set it up for you too. You might want to hook it up to you r computer...
    good luck!
    That awkward moment when you realize it IS your circus and those ARE your monkeys!

Comment

Originally posted by LORENSWIFE View Post
      The best thing to do is just get the book out and start messing with it. Make sure you have HD cable though sometimes that is a more expensive option. We have DirectTV and it costs more to have the High Def signal than it does the Standard Def. You can always get Geek squad to come out and set it up for you too. You might want to hook it up to you r computer...
      good luck!
      It's all hooked up and working. When I go into the menu there are several settings that are adjustable....backlite, contrast, sharpness, color, etc. There's even settings for certain sports. I was just curious if some of you found improvement by using those adjustments.....or just left them on factory default?
      Last edited by groucho; January 3, 2013, 10:02 AM.
      STUGOTS

Comment

we have cable, but may be ditching it for the $100 box we got that can stream anything wirelessly from youtube, etc, and you can plug a usb into it or your laptop.... I digress.

We have played around a little bit - just like transitioning to digital music with it's ups and downs on levels depending on artist, file type, etc.... no one setting does it all.

anymore we watch kid stuff most of the time - and curious george looks just fine in regular or hi-def but we do tune back the brightness and contrast a little.

our TV has a "engergy saver" feature that automatically dims the output at night - that's nice - when it works, when there's sunshining through the window putting a shadow on the sensor - it sucks.
        There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Originally posted by milner351 View Post
          our TV has a "engergy saver" feature that automatically dims the output at night - that's nice - when it works, when there's sunshining through the window putting a shadow on the sensor - it sucks.
          First thing I disabled as it drove me nuts. Likewise for my cellphone. I like it bright.

I've tampered with my settings a bit, but I'm not as picky as some. I seem to like the heat/color set to "cool" (plasma TV), then I find a dark movie or videogame and get the brightness and contrast set so I can see the details of stuff in dark backgrounds, then I find a HD channel with something bright on it, like an NFL game, and then make minor tweaks to get the colors to stand out in bright detail.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

We just bought a new 46" Samsung LED. It looked a little washed out. It was on a energy saving setting so I moved it to the standard setting, much better. Fiddled a little bit with brightness and sharpness I think. It's running off Direct TV
            Tom
            Overdrive is overrated

Comment

I've installed two in the past six months........I like the Vibrant setting for pic.
              Other than that, I pretty much leave 'em alone.

In process of wiring parts of house with HDMI cables.
              Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I am mid range DEF.
                I turn the sound up.
                I cant understand british tv shows.
                I put on closed caption and it shows giberish.
                "TWO COUNTRIES SEPARATED BY A COMON LANGUAGE" Churchill

Nick

Comment

We've got DirectTV

I'm vanilla anyhow, so we've always stayed with the defaults. I've tried "stadium" sound for football, etc. That's pretty neat, but Unit can't hear and can't enjoy the difference and when we go back to a regular program it sounds like they're talking inside a tin can.

The one thing I've found to not f-with is "Format." Yeah, that'll wreck the bus.
                  Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by Huskinhano View Post
                    We just bought a new 46" Samsung LED. It looked a little washed out. It was on a energy saving setting so I moved it to the standard setting, much better. Fiddled a little bit with brightness and sharpness I think. It's running off Direct TV
                    I've had this TV for 2 years and love it. Did the same adjustments as you and it is all good. Have the Samsung 5.1 Surround sound as well. We have ComCast Infinity. Also for $99.00, Logitech makes a keyboard and adapter where you can go directly on the internet and watch stuff and check email, etc. You can also keep the TV in a smaller screen in the upper right hand corner. Nothing like watching The March Meet, etc. in the comfort of your own your living room on one of these TV's with the sound!

The only thing that looks questionable on it are Chad and Brian on Thursday nights on Power Shift!!! Just kidding, guys!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by John Brewer View Post

The only thing that looks questionable on it are Chad and Brian on Thursday nights on Power Shift!!! Just kidding, guys!!!!
                      WOW, Brian's head on a 60-inch screen? WOW, I've gotta go buy some wires to make that happen!
                      Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Working...
                      X