Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The bots have arrived and they are HUGE...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bots have arrived and they are HUGE...

I'm too dumb to get that damn embed to work..... so here's the link..

Hey Randall - you won't have to worry about a driver scaping a fender with these.
    And Brian - is it still heaven if you can't drive one?
    Last edited by Brian Lohnes; January 4, 2013, 07:35 PM.
    Mike in Southwest Ohio

Mike, I am actually going to say yes. I'd set up a chair and have a cooler with a couple ham sandwiches and beer for the day to just watch those big guys work. It's a spectator sport at that size for me!
    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Been there done that...they were not remote controlled, but, Dad was a Heavy equipment operator and took the family to a central Illinois strip mine back when I was about 9...had a picnic on the rim of the dig...Too Cool!!
      Last edited by silver_bullet; January 4, 2013, 08:05 PM.
      Patrick & Tammy
      - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

The autonomous stuff has been out for a while. They are so precise that they have to build driving variances into the software to keep the roads from rutting and keep even level wear on the roads. All the steering and pedal controls on any modern haul truck is simple remote control. It's cake for software to control it.

Oh, and I think those are small trucks in the video, looks like 180 tonner's
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

CAT was using a system like that a few years ago, they were in limbo about switching over to it, the mining company was saying they would make more money in the long run due to the fact the operators tear up the trucks by not driving them properly
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
            CAT was using a system like that a few years ago, they were in limbo about switching over to it, the mining company was saying they would make more money in the long run due to the fact the operators tear up the trucks by not driving them properly
            With out a doubt. There is probably one operator in five that treats the equipment decently. The autonomous software detects if the road condition has changed or rutted causing the truck to bounce, and will adjust the speed to slow down, etc every time it gets to that part of the road. Probably communicates that info to the other trucks as well.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

amazing stuff.
              I saw a show bout the squashy bitumen in canada.. I could guess the hard mines go autonomous, but some will need to stay as dynamical as human.
              the rut factor.
              Previously boxer3main
              the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Yeah - I think its pretty amazing that stuff so big can be without a human driver....

I don't wanna stand out in front of one, no matter how good the software is.....
                Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

this is whats left of a school bus that got in the way of one of those trucks, I snapped this pic as it was passing the shop i was working in

Click image for larger version

Name:	BUS.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	866116
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Can't imagine doing an oil change on one them rigs.
                    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                      Can't imagine doing an oil change on one them rigs.
                      Instead of 5 qts, 5-55 gal drums?

Comment

Those are some big azz r/c cars!

Comment

I differ from Squirrel here - he likes Bots. I like dogs.

This is a really long vid, go out to 6:20 or so and you'll see it. A DOG! I was thinking about BBR's gocam solution to the beer store issue, now I wonder if I can train a DOG! to do this!!

Last edited by Beagle; January 5, 2013, 07:47 AM.
                          Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

I'm too dumb to get that damn embed to work..... so here's the link..

Hey Randall - you won't have to worry about a driver scaping a fender with these.
                            And Brian - is it still heaven if you can't drive one?[/QUOTE]

Quoting to retrieve the link! My phone won't imbed!
                            Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                            1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                            1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                            1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                            1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                            1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                            X