Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's Truly a Whole New Word That's Coming Our Way......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Truly a Whole New Word That's Coming Our Way......

This is got to be the coolest thing since the Internet itself........ check it out.....

Leap Motion represents an entirely new way to interact with your computers. It's more accurate than a mouse, as reliable as a keyboard and more sensitive tha...

Last edited by TC; January 5, 2013, 02:21 PM.

Truly incredible......

Happy Holidays from Leap MotionVideo created by thedofl.comThank you to all our new developer friends.leapmotion.com/developers----------------------For more...

Comment

no replacement for typing I guess.

the one thing I like is the mouse..
      not sure where I would use leap.

I was expecting to see something to do with typing. 13 years later I am still a couple of fingers and thumbs to type.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

That's pretty cool - so what do you DO with it?

Can I wave my fingers at the screen in a certain finger wiggle pattern and make yesterday go away?
        Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
          That's pretty cool - so what do you DO with it?

Can I wave my fingers at the screen in a certain finger wiggle pattern and make yesterday go away?
          that's what beer is for
          Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBuickGuy View Post
            that's what beer is for
            It's good for that and a whole lot of other things as well. Thanks for agreeing SBG, I thought I was missing something. I must be okay after all!

EDIT: We really need a smiley for "threadjack."
            Last edited by pdub; January 6, 2013, 12:59 AM.

Comment

As cool as that is, my arms get tired just watching it. If I had to hold my arms up like that for the 8 or so hours I'm at work and at the computer then I'd say that is a step backwards in computing. I laugh at people that say the mouse is going away because so far it really is the most efficient way to run things on a computer screen.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The first time I ever saw a mouse, I guess it was in the early 80's, it belonged to a coworker's wife. She was a CPA, and got the computer to do her accounting stuff.

I went to their house, and they were showing off the brand new IBM computer. And the mouse.

My first overwhelming thought about the mouse was, "It will never last. That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen. A flash in the pan. That'll be gone by next year."

No, not so. So, ask me for advice on the future and bet the other way. Every time.
                Last edited by pdub; January 6, 2013, 01:42 AM.

Comment

I'm too old to see much of a future for the leap thing.

I just read a 1983 book about "how to buy a computer", it also said that the mouse was just a useless gimmick, and that we'd never want or need anything other than a DOS type computer running at 4 mhz and 64 Kilobytes of RAM, and hard disk drives were unnecessary and evil because they could instantly destroy months of work.

Interesting how our perspective changes after we use something for a few decades.
                  Last edited by squirrel; January 6, 2013, 07:50 AM.
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                    I'm too old to see much of a future for the leap thing.

I just read a 1983 book about "how to buy a computer", it also said that the mouse was just a useless gimmick, and that we'd never want or need anything other than a DOS type computer running at 4 mhz and 64 Kilobytes of RAM, and hard disk drives were unnecessary and evil because they could instantly destroy months of work.

Interesting how our perspective changes after we use something for a few decades.
                    still have a 98 HP...supposedly all I'd need...6 more computers since...plus 3 cell phones that probably can do more than the 98...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

That hard drive thing was true though. haha. Although they did generate a huge demand for floppies for backups. I worked for a company that knew 3.5" floppies were gonna be in huge demand, and my CTO was an ahole. He bought everyone he could find in the country and scheduled purchases for the output of several US companies. Bill Gates was PISSED. Couldn't get 3.5's for Windows.. I was sitting on pallets of the things in the warehouse. Even though they shipped the first Windows application and it shipped before Windows 1.0 did, he and Bill didn't get along.

My new laptop's "hard disk" is more appropriately called a hard drive now - no disk.

I watched this video and I guess I'm confused. Did I need audio to understand it?
                      Last edited by Beagle; January 6, 2013, 08:25 AM.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

I jumped into the computer thing waaay before it was popular... Had the "best" at the time... Commadore 128!!
                        Man was I left in the dust when the IBM and compactables took off!
                        My first stint in community college it helped doing homework.. My second stint 20 years later proved it was left in the dust!
                        Hooked it up a few months ago to play some games we have... Maaaan! That thing's slow...
                        Used to be several "rental stores" for games.. etc catering to Commadores.. They always had a rack devoted to IBM...

Comment

Working...
                        X