Amos Doesn't Know HIs Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amos Doesn't Know HIs Name

He's over three months old now, we've had him for two weeks. He's out of pre-school, should be n the first grade already.

AMOS! No reaction. He doesn't know his name. AMOS! Still sniffing the carpet and running and threatening to poop or pee in the house. How do you tell the difference between a sniff hunt and and a dance toward a poop squat?

AMOS! No reaction. A hand clap gets it. He gets that - "WHAT?? OKAY HERE I COME TOWARD YA!"

We think he was raised in a household with people who spoke Spanish. He doesn't understand English at all.
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Originally posted by peewee View Post
    He's over three months old now, we've had him for two weeks. He's out of pre-school, should be n the first grade already.

AMOS! No reaction. He doesn't know his name. AMOS! Still sniffing the carpet and running and threatening to poop or pee in the house. How do you tell the difference between a sniff hunt and and a dance toward a poop squat?

AMOS! No reaction. A hand clap gets it. He gets that - "WHAT?? OKAY HERE I COME TOWARD YA!"

We think he was raised in a household with people who spoke Spanish. He doesn't understand English at all.
    Either way.. Take hm out.. Safe than sorry... Small dogs seem harder to housebrreak as their movements are small..
    AMos! then wave treats in his sniffer area..

Phoebe responds to" fifi" by the granddaughters and "feet be" by my wife.. Granddaughters give treats and wife does most of the feeding.. I'm the poop scooper. Glamour man!

Comment

I have yet to see a dog that won't answer to DOG. He may have hearing issues pdub, or you haven't established yourself as Alpha and he's ignoring you cuz you don't matter?

Mount the dog.

lol.
      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
        Mount the dog.

lol.
        He's plenty cute enough, but he's too little to do that yet. And too quick. Damn he's fast in the corners. Can't get him hemmed up to catch him, let alone mount him.

Comment

has the Sueunit had any luck??
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
            has the Sueunit had any luck??
            With the name, no. She's called him Bug Eye, Hot Lick, Scooter Button, an array of names. No response.

He can hear. He hears the house creak - wha DAT? He can hear, he just doesn't listen.

Comment

still a pup... he'll come around... I got alot of confidence in you two...don't give up.. you can return the favor when we get a new pup...summer 2013?
              Patrick & Tammy

Comment

still a pup... he'll come around... I got alot of confidence in you two...don't give up.. you can return the favor when we get a new pup...summer 2013?
                Good luck with that. We love the dog, we sure do. What a face.

It's an adventure for sure. He's training us while we're trying to train him. He just so dadblame fast when he's loose...90 mph, instant stop. Pee. 90 mph. He could win a race on the F1 circuit.

Comment

startin to sound like Amos is a power tour participant on a "detour day"...90...pee...90...etc...LOL
                  Patrick & Tammy

Comment

startin to sound like Amos is a power tour participant on a "detour day"...90...pee...90...etc...LOL
                    Yeah, that would be him.

Comment

Mom's Shiba Inu was like that - she would go upstairs to pee. After I locked her in that room for a while and made her eat in there, she stopped. That dog jogged at 18mph, caught squirrels and birds fast. She also could levitate to position all four of those little feet for a landing right on your nuts. Did it on purpose I believe.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

There are days I don't remember my name...at least The Lovely Donna has me house trained.
                        I'm still learning

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Holmes View Post
                          There are days I don't remember my name...at least The Lovely Donna has me house trained.
                          I'm not completely house broken myself!

Hey Bob, tell Donna that Amos said HEY. See what she says...

Comment

toby started responding to his name just a few months ago and hes a 1 1/2 now
                            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by BOOOGHAR View Post
                              toby started responding to his name just a few months ago and hes a 1 1/2 now
                              If that ain't the dog from the movie, it sure oughta be. A ringer. A natural twin. A stand-in double if not the star.

Comment

Working...
                              X