OK California BS'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK California BS'ers

OK, as I've stated before I'm envious, as we sit back here in the Midwest and East waiting for Winter to get over, tell us what Auto related events/things you did this weekend or even over the past week or so? I'm sure there were a bunch of things going on and then you have the Bob's Big Boy Friday night, Donut Derelicts Saturday morning and the Long Beach Swap meet today, I'm guessing Groucho hit the swap meet but what about the rest of you? If I were out there I would have hit all 3 events plus whatever else I could have came up with.
    sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Went out to watch the test-n-tune and "gambler grudge" racing Saturday at Barona Drag Strip with Gail and a good freind from L.A...a beautiful day up in the mountains, we just parked the truck up on the hillside and set up chairs there...met a couple old freinds down in the pits...

Comment

Yeah I'm with ya Phil.........West Coast folks having all the fun this time of year.
      The Donut Derelict event is on my bucket list......as is Bourbon Thursdays.
      Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Yesterday, I worked on my car in the driveway.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

It's not just the coast people....... This is prime time car time in Arizona.....

Comment

Saturday morning at Donut Derelicts now has some competition from the Irvine Spectrum. I went to the Spectrum yesterday morning...while not as "big" as DD, there were some tasty rides there.
            Nitrous, baby!!...

Comment

Man,you guys have it made. I backed my car out of the garage and let it run a little while to get warm then I put it back in and chopped some ice on my driveway. Sounds like a load of fun huh?

Comment

Love hearing what you people in the warm winter to moderate winters are doing. I generally try and get as much car time as possible hear in Indy. As long as the salt isn't wet, I get the T/A out generally. Since its broke and the garage is 20 degrees it just sits in there. How about you guys Tenn. and down also. ( not to hijacked the thread, just kinda the same idea)
                Previously HoosierL98GTA

Comment

It was a bit wet this morning so I didn't bother with Long Beach, hopefully it'll be nicer for Pomona next weekend...

Comment

I am coming out there in a few weeks Jan 23rd - 28th...it better be warm...

Gonna hit the Justice Bros. Museum on Thursday then head to Irwindale that night and abuse the rental car, Friday & Saturday at the GNRS, Sunday the Long Beach Swap Meet with Sunday afternoon open (any suggestions?) and heading home on Monday.
                    Time Wasters...
                    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Grippo View Post
                      I am coming out there in a few weeks Jan 23rd - 28th...it better be warm...

Gonna hit the Justice Bros. Museum on Thursday then head to Irwindale that night and abuse the rental car, Friday & Saturday at the GNRS, Sunday the Long Beach Swap Meet with Sunday afternoon open (any suggestions?) and heading home on Monday.
                      Would like to hang with you at GNRS Friday or Saturday. Golden Globes are sunday so no Long Beach Swap for me.
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                        Would like to hang with you at GNRS Friday or Saturday.
                        Sounds good...I will shoot you a pm when we get closer.
                        Last edited by Joe Grippo; January 6, 2013, 08:31 PM.
                        Time Wasters...
                        http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

having second thoughts now of getting an air compressor for my b-day instead of a plane ticket to so-cal
                          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Its not all fun and games here in southern california. I happen to be at 7000 feet in the san bernardino mountains and my road is still completely snow covered but I was gettin some cabin fever. My mom is near passing probably this week and lives down in orange county with temps this past week of almost 70 degrees. So I thought I better get down and see her just in case. I pulled my new 427 corvette convertible out of the back garage and inched my way out onto my snow covered street. I only had to go 1/4 mile on my snow covered road to the state highways which were clear.

I had new Michelin ZP tires (summer tires) and thought no problem. I pull out onto the snow covered road at about 1 mph and the car slides to the down hill side of the road and the left front goes into the snow covered dirt embankment and I'm stuck. I was able to back the car out and drove in reverse to a driveway where I was able to turn around and get to the highway but I have some damage to the left front of the car! I hate the snow and the cold! That was my car event for the week. Although I did get some top down drive time down in orange county!
                            Life is too short to drive boring cars!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Liggett View Post
                              Would like to hang with you at GNRS Friday or Saturday. Golden Globes are sunday so no Long Beach Swap for me.
                              I'll be at GNRS also. I was invited to display my 57 wagon in the Suede Palace as part of the "Woodies and Wagons" thing they're doing this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X