No announcement yet.

What To Do With Ugly Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you are going fast, all wheels look the same.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I think they look fine too. No I'm not drunk. Put some tire black on the tires and it will look better.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

black hides brake dust!!

they had silver in 19, but only black in 18's
        Charles

Comment

Easiest way to deal with ugly wheels, get *in* the car.

I just painted some wheels to use with my snow tires. $15 wheels, $10 worth of paint, job done.

Comment

I've painted lots of wheels over the years. - Don't use paint. - Only Powdercoat. paint chips. don't care what kind you use. paint chips.

Wheels make or break the ride. I happen to like black wheels, but its not my ride. when you buy new ones.... just take your time and be sure, save yourself the hassle...................What about having the spokes silver/chrome, but the wheel rim black...or vice-versa?

Just don't paint them all red....bleh.
            Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

My two cents on the dilemma. The black wheels look good on red. If I owned red I would lower it maybe smoke the back quarter window or even buy the flat louvers to cover up the window. Add the fender stripes black of course and call it a day. I think it will grow on you once you get red calipers behind them. Not many cars and colors of cars can pull of a black wheel but red sure can.
              But at the end of the day you and the misses need to like them.
              Jeff
              Follow My Build

Comment

I agree Red cars and black wheels are a good combo especially if road racing and wanting to hide the brake dust. Big rotors will stand out too once you upgrade your brakes. The red pinstripe idea isn't bad for something to blend it with the car paint.

Powertour off/on since 2002
                sigpic

Comment

Don't laugh, this is ROUGH!!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	New%20Wheels%20on%20Red%20001.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	866161
                  Its all in the details

Name:	red2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.8 KB
ID:	866163

Edit:I don't know why RED's color changed sorry bout that
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by 1trickpony; January 6, 2013, 09:27 PM.
                  Jeff
                  Follow My Build

Comment

this is the factory wheel on my 2012 bunkstang, so its similar to yours and gives you the idea what it looks like silver or polished

Name:	7-26-40.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	866164
                    Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Peewee, if you dont like em' send them to me...I will make use of them. I think they look great....
                      Last edited by JOES66FURY; January 7, 2013, 06:45 AM.
                      If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Can someone do a photoshop job on Red and turn his wheels silver for peewee to ponder?
                        It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I don't see a problem with the wheels.

However, the car DOES need to be lowered and lower profile tires used.
                          I take photos.

Comment

it certainly does have that 4x4 look now with those wheels - and the wheel wells are large, black cavernous places. Lowering would help, making the wheels any shade other than black (grey, for example) would help....

Personally, I'm fine with the sinister look - but I also think that's too black. Red and black are just so 80s....

That said, telling yourself "that was all they had" can help you for awhile - however, it's a hotrod so you may wish to get used to buying parts that you thought you'd like but hate in the end.... it's as much a part of it as is fixing broken hotrods

Still, you do need to lower it, and put a good chin spoiler under the front to keep the air out out of under your car and creating lift at high speeds
                            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Originally posted by JOES66FURY View Post
                              Peewee, if you dont like em' send them to me...I will make use of them. I think they look great....
                              They would compliment those dark tinted windows.......

And maybe that's it, PW you need some tint on those windows.....
                              Last edited by TC; January 7, 2013, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DNut View Post
                                I don't see a problem with the wheels.

However, the car DOES need to be lowered and lower profile tires used.
                                Lowered cars are not what they are all cracked up to be........

Comment

Working...
                                X