No announcement yet.

What To Do With Ugly Wheels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not going to lie here, i would be VERY hesitant about going back to a tire store that doesnt observe a tire spinning on the balancer, esp when there is a vibration issue.

i would be furious.
    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
      not going to lie here, i would be VERY hesitant about going back to a tire store that doesnt observe a tire spinning on the balancer, esp when there is a vibration issue.

i would be furious.
      Not uncommon!
      My truck was said to have a bent rim.. Nope! Slipped belt.. I had to show the manager why/how.. He still said bent rim!

Comment

my opinion of your ordeal with the truck is that shop didnt want to mess with a warranty issue.
        Charles

Comment

i would be furious.
          Well.....I dunno. Furious burns a whole lot of energy and takes time off of your life I think. Or at least it can. Either way, the way you react to it, the result is the same, you've still got the result looking at you....I just told the tire store guy, "Stuff happens, we need to put the spare on." And he apologized as much as he could. He's not made a bigger mistake than I did when I bought those wheels. Sure he made a technical mistake on the job, but I made an overall mistake in judgement - how do you compare the two, or are they the same mistakes in magnitude?
          Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

my opinion of your ordeal with the truck is that shop didnt want to mess with a warranty issue.
            That, we agree on... After years of buying take-offs.. I knew I was getting out of hauling scrap.. Regulations and all.. So wanted new tires.. Of the original 6, there are 2 still on the truck.. There is a thump now.. So more are coming off..

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
              Well.....I dunno. Furious burns a whole lot of energy and takes time off of your life I think. Or at least it can. Either way, the way you react to it, the result is the same, you've still got the result looking at you....I just told the tire store guy, "Stuff happens, we need to put the spare on." And he apologized as much as he could. He's not made a bigger mistake than I did when I bought those wheels. Sure he made a technical mistake on the job, but I made an overall mistake in judgement - how do you compare the two, or are they the same mistakes in magnitude?
              you're a cool Kat Mr Wee.... that is why we all luv you
              Charles

Comment

Working...
              X