Eastwood customers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eastwood customers.

Looking for your opinions about Eastwood products. I get 10% off a first time order and I'm looking at starting powder coating on my own. They seem to have a good forum that I havent register with and I'll trust your opinions more.

I'm looking at buying a powder coat gun kit, some powders, an abrasive blaster, and perhaps their rust encapsulate system.

Thanks!
    Powertour off/on since 2002
    sigpic

Good luck with your venture.....we've got a guy locally that does powder coating.
    Finish is so-so.
    Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

I bought that fender lip roller from them, it was one of their black Friday specials, I had no problems and the shipping was fast......

Comment

Let me clarify, I am not starting a buisness. I've done it twice using a friends equipment and I bought a 20 full sized oven off Craigslist the other day.
        sigpic

Comment

How does the rust encapsulate compare to something like rustoleum?

Comment

Just don't get caught using the misses oven
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Good thread James, I too am curious about Eastwood Products. Anyone have any input on their plasma/ tig combo? Their prices seem fair and quality above Harbor Freight.
              Living the dream!

Comment

Originally posted by racingsnake440 View Post
                How does the rust encapsulate compare to something like rustoleum?
                I'm not sure, I was hoping for something on par of por15.
                sigpic

Comment

I've used some of thier products over the years. seem about average. I was not impressed with the trunk spatter paint. coverage was poor. seemed thin. and it required a specific clear coat after application, and it has not proved durable. The encapsulator is kinda so-so. I used it about 7 yrs ago on some panels and they were rusted badly enough that i had to replace them this past winter when i did all the rust repair. I did re-use the product to coat most of my newly welded panels, but this time i also coated them with copious amounts of paint. and more paint. ask me in 10 yrs how it worked for me.
                  Mike in Southwest Ohio

Comment

We tried their header coating last year......results were not what we anticipated.
                    They refunded money.
                    I usually place couple orders a year....like their specialty coatings.
                    Thom

Comment

we have a full size oven that we bought cheap for this same purpose... brackets fit, but wheels dont. a sbc intake BARELY fit. try some random things to see what fits before you spend a ton o cash....

no experience with eastwood stuff, though
                      Last edited by 1badmonkey; January 6, 2013, 08:30 PM.
                      Charles

Comment

Originally posted by Monk View Post
                        We tried their header coating last year......results were not what we anticipated.
                        They refunded money.
                        I usually place couple orders a year....like their specialty coatings.

Was it the one that makes it look like a bare manifold? Or a high temp powder coat ?
                        sigpic

Comment

I know someone who has their paint guns and body tools. Seem to work well.
                          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                            Was it the one that makes it look like a bare manifold? Or a high temp powder coat ?
                            It was this product

Provide your car with the good-looking protection it needs by coating headers and pipes with high-temp exhaust paint from Eastwood that's made in the USA.

The finish was more like a primer grey.......nothing shining at all.
                            Some of the reviews had same results as we did.
                            Thom

Comment

I've bought some of their stuff over the years and they seem fine. Customer service has been good. I have their 175 map MIG welder and I like it. Lots of poop for the price.

Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X