Tragedy or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A/Fuel View Post
    his stir the pot thing had me wondering for a minute.
    Who knew one has to "stir" pot before smoking it. Must be a Washington thing . . . .

Comment

the real question is who buys Mitsubishi's anymore? The cars are worth more on the sea bed then they are sitting on stealership lots. Would not want to be the claim agent on that one. I wonder if their will be a salvage attempt.
      used to be purplecobra, now just myself. I still drive a mustang!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Whalen View Post
        I wonder if their will be a salvage attempt.
        Yeah, a little salt-water "spa" bath couldn't be much worse than a New England winter.

I can't think the cars are worth enough for salvage, and they wouldn't be salvageable as new vehicles.

Comment

1,400 Mitisubishi's for sale. Rock bottom, scratch that, Ocean Bottom Prices!!
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outsider View Post
            Yeah, a little salt-water "spa" bath couldn't be much worse than a New England winter.

I can't think the cars are worth enough for salvage, and they wouldn't be salvageable as new vehicles.
            Heck that ship coming over from Japan filled with Toyota's or something that tipped over and nearly capsized and sank but didn't and was salvaged. The entire lot of cars was scrapped even though a bunch of them didn't even get a drop of sea water on them. Simply because the company couldn't account for how the engine and transmission would function after spending days (weeks?) at a severe angle with fluids in them.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
              Simply because the company couldn't account for how the engine and transmission would function after spending days (weeks?) at a severe angle with fluids in them.
              They should have asked some of us ancient Bangshifters from the Hi-Jacker '70s. We could tell 'em that they run just fine with the fluids at a "severe angle."

(An aesthetic tragedy)

Comment

1,400 Mitisubishi's for sale. Rock bottom, scratch that, Ocean Bottom Prices!!
                ROTFL

And a free seafood dinner with every purchase!

Comment

Heck that ship coming over from Japan filled with Toyota's or something that tipped over and nearly capsized and sank but didn't and was salvaged. The entire lot of cars was scrapped even though a bunch of them didn't even get a drop of sea water on them. Simply because the company couldn't account for how the engine and transmission would function after spending days (weeks?) at a severe angle with fluids in them.
                  That salvage operation was also an incredible tale. I read it online somewhere.. Worth the google.
                  Powertour off/on since 2002
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bishir View Post
                    That salvage operation was also an incredible tale. I read it online somewhere.. Worth the google.
                    That it was!

Comment

big steel beats up the little stuff.
                      a ship to take on an angle or change weight in a hurry and tip..
                      I would not want anything japanese either.

I found my sube must have taken a ferry on a routine. It had the only sintered ea82 I have ever run...in fact that was its ending.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                      X