Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's bring down a huge-ss silo, with a sledge hammer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
    As a swamp yankee who eats his baked beans PROPAHLY, thahht is, out uv ah BEANPOHT, and as a man who's ideah uv ahgricultchah is a CRAHNBERRY bog, help me undahstand sumthin' heah:

If yah cahn't climb up it, and yah cahn't fall off uv it, why take it down?

That type of silo has a ladder, you need to get to the top to maintain the equipment that empties it sometimes. So you can climb up it.

Not sure about Canada but in this country, you can get federal gran money for those kinds of projects. Buy a new cadillac with the welfare check, DIY silo demolition. Lots of farmers in the states are getting out of livestock because there's no money in it unless you are a gigantic corporate livestock farm.
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by Caveman Tony View Post
      As a swamp yankee who eats his baked beans PROPAHLY, thahht is, out uv ah BEANPOHT, and as a man who's ideah uv ahgricultchah is a CRAHNBERRY bog, help me undahstand sumthin' heah:

If yah cahn't climb up it, and yah cahn't fall off uv it, why take it down?

same for the barns..except they get left alone mostly.
      we had land with a 3 story barn, very long..someone forgot some important math, but the whole thing leaned over. Very sad. the space and size of lumber was huge in every way...all with one angle forgotten. obvious realtime famer, working his own skills.
      had to watch that fall down.

a silo is genius.
      Last edited by Barry Donovan; January 8, 2013, 08:47 PM.
      Previously boxer3main
      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek View Post
          for a fake, it came down just like the one I helped take down the exact same way. I can't see how anyone thinks that video is faked, lol
          That's what I was thinking as I watch it several times.
          Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Working...
          X